C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
2015 C2 of Year
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10, '14-'15

Default Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok here's a Smart move by the planers of the Cruz to Nashville...........

3500 window sticker passes were offered to Bowling Green Vette-er's so they could Park In The Venue at Nashville where "ZZ TOP" is appearing. This is so we could drive into and park at the Venue.

They announced that these passed would be availible at the Museum at 8 am today 6/27/03. So we left at 8 am to drive 3 miles to get them on I 65. When we got to the exit it was backed up for 1/2 mile on the shoulder. It then snaked down to the Museum and down another road and back again , just like your going thru a line at the bank.. :banghead:

We went to the next exit and flip floped and came back on the other side and off the ramp. We shot into a Hardee's Resturant and parked the cars and walked about another 1/4 mile up to the Museum to get our passes.

We noticed a line of cars going thru a jog here and jog their road. We noticed some one puting stickers on the windshields of the Vettes.

Well we found out that you had to drive your car up to this person who checks to see if you have a room key from Bowling Green as these passes are only for BG Vette-ers so they have parking at the Venue in Nashville.

All of the roads were Jamed with stopped Vette's ...the wole area was a mess.
Who in the H ll came up with this idea. WTF were they thinking. :reddevil .

Their are 50,000 people in this town and they offer 3500 parking spot's????? :banghead: Then .... As if it's California Land Rush They releaase 3500 tickets for 50,000 people :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And every body and Sadam Husane Brothers makes a run and cloggs all the roads. They forgot that people are trying to get to the GM Plant for a tour at the same time...So how many people missed there tours because of this Stupid move.

Can't wait to see how F ed up Nashville will be when we all try to go to the "ZZ TOP" show tomorrow night. :eek:

50,000 people all driving in at one time to :party:

To quote a Well Known Respected Poster on this forum...........................

.......................I REMAIN OUTRAGED !!!!!!!!................................ ...............
Old 06-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Mel Foye
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP(Viet Nam Vett)

You are there for a trip of a lifetime. As are 6,000 Corvettes in the caravan. Friend was going but instead he is having a by pass in a few days. Take a breath and look at the big picture. You are healthy, have the time and money to go on a trip like this so why focus on the small ***** of crap that are just a small part of an overall grand time?
In 94 it took over 4 hours to go from Nashville to BG and it was just something to laugh about.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:38 PM
achapman
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!

Heh Mark,

Guess someone dropped the ball.... :mad

But I still like the motel your stayin' at....

:lol: :jester :lol: :jester :lol: :jester
Old 06-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C2 of Year

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!! (achapman)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C2 of Year

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP(Viet Nam Vett) (Mel Foye)

Heh Mel,
Yeah.........your right.... Not really all that upset just Ranting :rant:

The most important thing in life is Health...hope your friend is doing ok.. :cheers:
Old 06-27-2003, 08:01 PM
GRTaylor
Instructor

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP(Viet Nam Vett) (Viet Nam Vett)

I was in the National Corvette Caravan in 1999. I got hooked up with the group from New Jersey in Bristol, Tn. and went down to Knoxville, spent the night, then caravaned to Nashville and spent the night at the Opryland Hotel then caravaned to Bowling Green the next day. It was a real traffic jam at the museum exit that day too. Looks like they would have been better prepared for this caravan.
Hey VNV, were you in the group from New Jersey that stopped at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday? The city manager was supposed to e-mail me and let me know when the New Jersey crowd was going to be there but he must have forgotten. We had a blast out there in 99. :lol: Wish I could have been there this year.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP(Viet Nam Vett) (GRTaylor)

Keep the reports coming - I go up every year and familar with the locations you speak of. Still thinking of driving up tomorrow (Fri).

Hey, even QVC is doing a live show from N'ville tonight with 50th anv. items.

Old 06-27-2003, 10:13 PM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Viet Nam Vett)

Hey VNV .. I'll trade places which ya' .. ! .. :D .. Even with the parking pass snafu, sure wish I could have made it there this year. I just hope that with all the :cheers: and :smash: going on you guys are keepin' the "back" and "after" firing under control. Look elsewhere in the forum posts for a more apt description .. :lol:
Old 06-28-2003, 05:22 PM
stngry63
Racer

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (mrg)

Parking and driving in Nashville is not that bad. There are a lot of parking lots within walking distance of the arena charging $10 dollars. I have some friends who secretly parked for free in Lot N as no one is watching this lot. They payed their $40 to be in the caravan but did not read the fine print about the hotel room key requirement to get a parking pass. So, they payed $40 to be in the caravan only discover that there is no caravan to Nashville, and they did not get a parking pass. They did not get a refund. I know that the info was on the museum web site, but I still feel that they were ripped. Buyer beware with GM and the museum...
Old 06-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C2 of Year

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP(Viet Nam Vett) (GRTaylor)

Heh GRTaylor,
No we were not in any Caravan. We came down with some of our club members and got here on Monday.. Tonight was an other mess read my new post for today.... :cheers:
Old 06-29-2003, 12:37 AM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (stngry63)

Buyer beware with GM and the museum...
The same kinds of problems surfaced during the Cruise In. There were problems with the caravan that went to the winery & the museum somehow "forgot" to reserve the go cart track Saturday night. :rolleyes:
Its also hard to tour the museum & enjoy the displays when there were 2 school buses full of screaming kids racing up & down through the displays.
[Rant off]
Old 06-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Kid_Again
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big (Viet Nam Vett)

..lots of parking in ocean city all week :lolg:

...forget about NEXT weekend - freakin' soccer moms :rolleyes:

Get notified of new replies

To Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Bowling Green BACK UP...!!!! Big Freaken Traffic Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!