C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Windshield reveal molding

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Blue67
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield reveal molding

I want to remove the top windshield reveal molding from my car to try and fix a water leak, but have no idea how to do it. Do I just ptry on the long piece, start with the corners ??

Thanks
Old 09-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Windshield reveal molding (Blue67)

Blue67

There is a special tool to remove the SST trim. It's a very simple tool, but it still takes time to remove trim. Most all the shops that do windshields, will have one, or tell you where to get one. Some of vette mags. might have em. It will slip under the edge of the SST trim and expand the trim clip so the clip will let go of the trim locking tang. But you will still have sealant maybe holding on to the trim and I mean "HOLDING" This takes patience on your end so as not to screw up the trim and your paint. Attach LOTS of tape to your paint around the SST trim. Spread the tape out to protect the paint from the handle of the tool, if you slip etc. Patience, patience, patience. The corners slip over the long trim ends, two tangs extend down from the outer edge of each corner. The locking tang runs continuous and extends from the outer edge of the rest of the trim the same way. Good luck.
Craig

[Modified by Cmacsvette, 6:59 AM 9/14/2003]
Old 09-15-2003, 09:28 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Default Re: Windshield reveal molding (Cmacsvette)

I would put a strip of duct tape around the glass next to the molding too. That way if the molding tool slips it may not gouge or scratch the glass. :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield reveal molding

Quick Reply: Windshield reveal molding