C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

circuit breaker location ?? 1966 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 01:06 AM
pusher_sr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default circuit breaker location ?? 1966 coupe

can anyone send me a picture or a diagram of the location of the circuit breaker for my 1966 coupe. my repair manual says it should be located at the top of my fuse box. there's nothing there. could it be missing? i just bought the car & this is my first vette. thanks for any help. e-mail pics to tpuska3@shaw.ca
Old 07-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

I've never seen a circuit breaker on a midyear. There are breakers/relays for power windows and other accessories. What are you looking for? What are you having trouble with? Chuck
Old 07-11-2004, 08:58 AM
yooperod
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fwiw, My 64 has a breaker on the red wire
It's clipped to the cross bar behind the headlight switch.

rod
Old 07-11-2004, 10:48 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

There's a self-resetting 30-amp circuit breaker on all midyears, in the red power feed wire to the headlight up-down switch; it's located on the inside of the driver's side hinge pillar, above the top of the kickpad. If you have power windows, there will be two of them, in the same location.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff
I've never seen a circuit breaker on a midyear. There are breakers/relays for power windows and other accessories. What are you looking for? What are you having trouble with? Chuck
Pretty sure your headlights are on a circuit breaker, see page F261 in your 1966 AIM if you have one. To the best of my recollection, the breaker is located on the left side kick panel area. I'm pretty sure all the mid-years (and probably C1's as well) had the headlights on circuit breakers. It's a safety issue, don't want these on fuses to go out at night! Don't remember from memory, but some other items may run thru this breaker as well.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep, you've got headlight and power window (if you have them) breakers in the car, but as JohnZ says, they're behind the kick panel on the drivers side, not tied into the fuse box, and not to the best of my recollection mounted near, on, or above the fuse box. Chuck
Old 07-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Had my 63 AIM out, as I'm working on the car. If you look in Section 12, Sheet B 9.00 in the 63 AIM, likely a different page in your 66 AIM, "Instrument Panel Harness, Switches, And Cigarette Lighter", you'll see the inline headlight breaker mounted in the jamb behind the kick panel. If you look in the A31 "Power Window" Section, you'll also see a pic of the breaker for the power windows, IF you have that option. Sorry if I confused you with my first answer, as there is no "general" breaker for the car, and none in/on the fuse panel. Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To circuit breaker location ?? 1966 coupe

Quick Reply: circuit breaker location ?? 1966 coupe