C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

warren biggs chevrolet- still in L.A. ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 01:03 AM
pusher_sr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default warren biggs chevrolet- still in L.A. ???

maybe the los angeles people can help me on this one. in the warranty book that came with the 66 coupe i bought, it says the car was bought at warren biggs chevrolet, 205 so. vermont ave, los angeles 4, california. i was wondering if this car lot still exists or is there a 6 lane freeway there now. my coupe resided in downey, california (old river school road) for 35 years if anyone has any info that they'd like to pass along. ted (pusher sr)
Old 08-06-2004, 01:10 PM
bondtimbond
Instructor

They may have moved down the street, to Vermont Chevrolet Buick. Address: 444 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90020 Phone: (213) 383-5100
Old 08-07-2004, 06:04 PM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Default Warren Biggs is long gone

As most dealerships, this one was closed in the late 70's or early 80's. They sold many Corvettes however.If you can share the former owners name ( private email me if your worried) it may ring a bell or two with some of the old geezers( me). Let me know what the car is and i can forward info to a couple of retired Corvette shop owners that may remember the car.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 PM
pusher_sr
Instructor

Default more info - warren biggs 1966

Originally Posted by jimgessner
As most dealerships, this one was closed in the late 70's or early 80's. They sold many Corvettes however.If you can share the former owners name ( private email me if your worried) it may ring a bell or two with some of the old geezers( me). Let me know what the car is and i can forward info to a couple of retired Corvette shop owners that may remember the car.
just going over an old post from 11 years ago that i never replied to. maybe i'm too late for any more info but here it goes anyway...... the car in question was a mosport green 1966 stingray coupe bought by a woman named Sheila O'hara. she would have been about 43 years old when she purchased the car. she lived on westside ave (about 10-15 minutes drive from Warren Biggs dealership) and then in 1968 moved to Downey, California (old river school road- right across the street from the Rio Hondo golf course entrance- found it on Google Earth yesterday). She had the car painted a light lavender color (? year) and then a brown color (? year). any info of her (stories/any family/pictures etc.) would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the research. ted (pusher sr)

Last edited by pusher_sr; 04-25-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: word ommision

Get notified of new replies

To warren biggs chevrolet- still in L.A. ???

Quick Reply: warren biggs chevrolet- still in L.A. ???