C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Stahl Headers for Grand Sports

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:31 PM
vstol
Melting Slicks

Received 76 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Stahl Headers for Grand Sports

Attention Grand Sport owners. Stahl headers now has a side exit small block header that was designed for Mid America Grand Sports but should fit your D&D cars and other makes as well. Its available in 1 5/8 -1 3/4 and 1 3/4 -1 7/8 (stepped header) and will be a "custom fit" header for your car. It will include the curved extensions leading (header and extensions all 1 piece) to a separate side pipe (supplied separately). The procedure is: Stahl Headers will ship you the mockup header for fitting. It is purposely built low to accommodate different cylinder heads and engine installation. After installing on your car, you determine how much higher you want your header built. You will
measure the header to frame rail clearance and the curved extension to rocker panel clearance. Send the header back with the measurements and they will custom fabricate your header. If your cylinder heads have been ported, send along a port template so Stahl can use the appropriate flange. This will allow for a perfect fit for each different small block head configuration and any variances in each car. You will also be able to adjust where you would like your side pipe located relative to the body of the car. Now GS owners have a quality equal length header that is custom made for you. I am on the list and have seen them on the car, they look and fit great. I know this may not be the right forum but I wanted to get the word out. Stahl Headers phone is: (717) 846 1632
Old 10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-29-2004, 04:39 PM
vstol
Melting Slicks

just getting the word out
Old 11-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Supercobra
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news! - got any pics?
Old 11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
vstol
Melting Slicks

I do not have any pictures, STAHl Headers is sending me the protypes late this month so I can take the measurements and should have mine in Dec. I can take some pictures then. They look very similar to the 63-67 headers that he markets now. I have had the early stage prototypes on my car and they fit great. I also know of another Mid America GS owner who races his GS , took his car up last month to get it fitted for his set. He competes his GS roadster on the SVRA (sp) Endurance series circuit. I have also spent some time at STAHl headers and his headers are very well made. Welds are well done and the flanges are nice and thick. I am sure many forum members can attest to the quality of STAHl Headers. My best recommendation is to give Jere Stahl a call.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:40 PM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 547 Likes on 315 Posts

Stahl .. ? .. Is that the 'Mr. attitude' dude .. ? . .
John
Old 11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
OverBudget
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. I tried to work with Stahl last month regarding a header for my 63 and proposed stroker motor and Jere was the rudest guy I have ever tried to work with. He basically said working with the public was too much work - well, then why advertise that you work with the public.

It's not my nature to call people out like this, but it was such a rude and poor example of customer service, I can't help myself.

For due credit, Judy (his wife) was nice and apologized for Jere.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:46 PM
muncieman
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, he is retired and the headers, I've bought many sets, are not the same. I spent $800 for custom built headers for my 67 chevelle, fast burn heads, had to send the driver side back three times. Now it hangs 3 inches lower, won't let me use my Canton filter, I suggest you look else where.

Really want to get pissed, try dealing with Herb Gebler, a legend in his own mind
Old 11-03-2004, 05:59 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg
Stahl .. ? .. Is that the 'Mr. attitude' dude .. ? . .
John

I agree, better make sure 1000% not 100% that you give the right measurements. If not, you can bet 1000% you lose!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:25 PM
vstol
Melting Slicks

Well I’m going to have to way in on this one. I have made 2 trips to his shop over the last year and his headers are first rate. I agree with the comment "make sure that your measurements are right" he will build what you give him. If you look at the initial post, the prototype comes to you , you take a couple of "simple measurements" and tell him what you want. He is not the easiest to work with, no argument here , he is a perfectionists and... but his wife Judy is great. Hey, this is an opportunity for me and others to have a quality header on our Grand Sports. I believe that Mid America (Jeff Leech) is also working with him to start producing a small block header for him as well. I will let you know how it turns out. As I mentioned before I have spoken to one GS owner who went there to get his car fitted and he thought they fit "perfect."

Get notified of new replies

To Stahl Headers for Grand Sports

Quick Reply: Stahl Headers for Grand Sports