C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

How would u fix this blower box?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:49 AM
vref
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How would u fix this blower box?

Its not completely broken off.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:29 AM
66BB
Instructor

Two choices, purchase a new one (~$200) or fix the old one. I've successfully used to proceedure from Doc Rebuild. It is detailed in the good Doc's catalog.

http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/HEAT63-67.pdf
Old 01-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Wilkinshc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

vref,

I am changing my heater core also and my box looks worst then yours. I am getting ready to fiberglass mine up. I cut a 1x2 piece of wood and shaped it so I can create the lip.

If you watch ebay I have seen a couple go for around 100-140 but I would try to repair yours, maybe take it to a body shop and have them repair it. Should be less then buying a new or used one.

Chuck
Old 01-21-2005, 08:10 AM
GregP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Since it's not structural, a little thin CA (alias super glue, get the thin/wicking stuff from a model airplane shop) will glue it back and you won't have to match colors or deal with the flange getting thicker from a patch on the back. You would still see the crack seam though.

-Greg
Old 01-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by GregP
Since it's not structural, a little thin CA (alias super glue, get the thin/wicking stuff from a model airplane shop) will glue it back and you won't have to match colors or deal with the flange getting thicker from a patch on the back. You would still see the crack seam though.

-Greg

. . . or epoxy, I've used it a lot with satisfactory results on similar items . . .

Old 01-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Rair67
Drifting

I purchased a heater box that was supposed to be in "excellent condition". What I got was a box that was in the same shape mine was. I think I am going to repair mine using some sort of epxoy, casue glassing it will mean I will have to paint it and lose the fiberglass finish.

Buyer beware.

Get notified of new replies

To How would u fix this blower box?

Quick Reply: How would u fix this blower box?