Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

1965 Corvette engine wiring harness question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
oseman2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1965 Corvette engine wiring harness question

Hello!
I am installing a LS2 in a 1965 vett. The custom harness I have, and obviously a regulated alternator, doesnt require a voltage regulator and I would like to eliminate it form my harness. It looks like I can easily remove most of the wires but I dont know what the black and pink wire coming from it are for. The wire travels through the firewall, turning to brown in color at the firewall connector/junction. Any of you electrical experts willing to lend me a hand? I could eliminate all of the original harness but I would like to keep everything as original as possible except the drivetrain. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:09 PM
ragtopman
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

That black with pink trace wire, in a original harness goes from the ignition switch to a ballast resistor, then to the pos. side of the coil then to the R side of the starter. It also goes to the back up lamp switch and lamps(if you have them), fuel tank sender and gas gauge, temp gauge and park alarm lamp. It also goes to the volt. reg., but it shouldnt turn into a brown wire. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 1965 Corvette engine wiring harness question