Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

For Sale: '59 Dash Gauges and Heater/Fan (complete)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM
qrance
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For Sale: '59 Dash Gauges and Heater/Fan (complete)

1: I am doing a project 1959 Corvette C1 and have a few take-off parts that I would like to sell that would be great for the person doing a restoration of a classic C1 Corvette (i.e. the NCRS and Bloomington folks). I will say this, I believe all of these parts will fit a 1958 to 1962 C1, but please check with the dealer to be absolutely certain of multiple year fitment.

Here's what you will be getting: Original 1959 Corvette C1 Clock, Speedometer, tachometer, volt meter, fuel, and temperature gauges. You will also be getting an Autometer brand oil gauge (the OEM oil gauge did not come with the car when it bought and I have no idea of where it is). You will be getting additional lens covers, tachometer backing, and a brand new speedometer cable. The clock did not work, the smaller gauges all worked fine (until removed), and the speedo/tach gauges were disconnected when I bought the car. For what it's worth, the needles on the the speedo/tach gauges move freely and I suspect will work if the cable drives are attached. Regardless, if you are doing a restoration then you would want to have these gauges (originals) inspected, services and refurbished prior to installation. Price is $550.

2: Up for sale is a WORKING fan, heater core, heater core housing, trap door (aka 'shut-off plate'), and accompanying ductwork from a 1959 Corvette C1. I removed it from our 1959 Vette last night and appears to be in good condition considering the age. It may fit other years in this range so please check with the dealer for cross fit (I believe 1958 thru 1962). Here is a You Tube link of the working fan motor:

If there are any problems, just paste this tag line: "1959 Corvette Heater Fan and Windshield Wiper Motor Vid" and it should come up (the windshield wiper system has been sold). Otherwise contact me and I can send it to you via email. Price is $350.

I could not figure out how to attach pics yet, so please email me for pics and additional information. Thanks, qrance

Last edited by qrance; 10-02-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:08 PM
qrance
Intermediate

I will get pictures loaded this weekend.

Last edited by qrance; 10-02-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
TBONE1972
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qrance
1: I am doing a project 1959 Corvette C1 and have a few take-off parts that I would like to sell that would be great for the person doing a restoration of a classic C1 Corvette (i.e. the NCRS and Bloomington folks). I will say this, I believe all of these parts will fit a 1958 to 1962 C1, but please check with the dealer to be absolutely certain of multiple year fitment.

Here's what you will be getting: Original 1959 Corvette C1 Clock, Speedometer, tachometer, volt meter, fuel, and temperature gauges. You will also be getting an Autometer brand oil gauge (the OEM oil gauge did not come with the car when it bought and I have no idea of where it is). You will be getting additional lens covers, tachometer backing, and a brand new speedometer cable. The clock did not work, the smaller gauges all worked fine (until removed), and the speedo/tach gauges were disconnected when I bought the car. For what it's worth, the needles on the the speedo/tach gauges move freely and I suspect will work if the cable drives are attached. Regardless, if you are doing a restoration then you would want to have these gauges (originals) inspected, services and refurbished prior to installation. Price is $550.

2: Up for sale is a WORKING fan, heater core, heater core housing, trap door (aka 'shut-off plate'), and accompanying ductwork from a 1959 Corvette C1. I removed it from our 1959 Vette last night and appears to be in good condition considering the age. It may fit other years in this range so please check with the dealer for cross fit (I believe 1958 thru 1962). Here is a You Tube link of the working fan motor: http://youtu.be/IRI42OYBKCw

If there are any problems, just paste this tag line: "1959 Corvette Heater Fan and Windshield Wiper Motor Vid" and it should come up (the windshield wiper system has been sold). Otherwise contact me and I can send it to you via email. Price is $350.

I could not figure out how to attach pics yet, so please email me for pics and additional information. Thanks, qrance
PM sent
Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 AM
qrance
Intermediate

Thanks for the interest and various offers, everything was sold.

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale: '59 Dash Gauges and Heater/Fan (complete)

Quick Reply: For Sale: '59 Dash Gauges and Heater/Fan (complete)