Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB: Rear Suspension Tools

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Corvette_4506
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Rear Suspension Tools

In process of rebuilding my 1966 rear trailing arms and need the tools for removing trailing arm spindle axle bearing. Need set up tool for installing spindle bearings, tool for install trialing arm front bushings
Old 12-16-2013, 09:23 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

You can do it yourself with the right tools of course, but a bit of advice sir. I took mine to a shop and they installed the bearings correctly for $75 plus the cost of the bearings. Just an FYI.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

Agreed.............a good shop will beadblast them and install them right,no hassle,isn't enough nut bustin' takin that stuff apart"?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
thoyer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 356 Likes on 225 Posts

I do most all of my own work, engines, trans, differentials, etc.... I like acquiring new tools just as much as the next guy but I farmed my 71 trailing arms out to Bairs and never looked back. They came back with new bushings, paint, bearings, spindles and riveted on hubs. The runout came in well below spec. $$ well spent in my opinion.

If you want to have a go at it (and someday I will also....) several vendors have the necessary tools. Supporting vendor Wilcox does and a google search will turn up many others.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/advanced_...&keywords=tool

Tom

Last edited by thoyer; 12-16-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Rear Suspension Tools

Quick Reply: WTB: Rear Suspension Tools