Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Selling many, many 66 parts-RestoMod conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling many, many 66 parts-RestoMod conversion

I'm beginning a restomod conversion of my 66 convertible and will have many parts for sale. And many of these parts will be new or nearly new, as I had just rebuilt this car once before. In 2011, I spent over $50k on a frame on restoration/upgrade of this car. Less than 300 miles after completion, the fresh 700R4 from a SoCal company to remain un-named cratered because of an inadequate pump, engine and tranny were removed, and car has sat ever since waiting for me to decide what to do with it.

Finally, I made a decision. In February, I drove to Seguin, Texas and bought a rolling chassis from Billy Dawson of Corvette Correction. My new chassis will be ready in May and prep work has begun on body.

Parts available from the 2011 rebuild include fresh 327 from a '65 Nova and built by legendary builder in Denton, Texas. It's mostly a stock 327 with a mild crane cam, Holley, polished intake, custom billet valve covers/breather/air cleaner cover that have '66 Corvette' engraved, ceramic headers, etc, etc. Engine has less than 300 miles. Thinking I would be putting the car back together, I had a local shop rebuild the 700R4 and it has never been installed. Frame is disassembled and ready for blasting and comes complete with brand new positrac rear end with 3.73 gears. Four-wheel stock disc brakes with red painted calipers and brand new cross drilled and vented rotors from Summit, never installed.

Also have a brand new set of Torq Thrust II's with fresh Goodyear Eagle GT's, 17" with proper backset. Too many other parts to mention. Probably better to call and ask if I have it. There will be some parts, such as gauges, that will become available as car is prepped. Also have spare tire carrier.

I will try to download pics of finished car in 2011 prior to disassembly. Rather than post pics/prices of individual parts, please call or pm me and I'll send you a pic and try to answer any questions. All parts are in Austin, Texas and have been stored inside, except for frame. Most parts are new or in as new condition. My intent is to sell as many parts as I can at a very fair price with full disclosure of condition. Feel free to call with any questions. Chris 512-658-4319
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Smallarm
Advanced

Default original steel wheels

do you have the original steel wheels by chance?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Smallarm
do you have the original steel wheels by chance?
Sorry, wheels are already gone...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,929 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Did the car have a rear sway bar?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:57 PM
66nAustin
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Did the car have a rear sway bar?
Sorry, no rear sway bar.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:08 AM
esjbh2
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

got any pics of the wheels/tires...both on an off of car to "henge<at>fuse<dot>net". I assume no body or suspension mods necessary for clearance?

Price?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:49 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

All available parts must be listed, along with asking prices per Forum rules, thanks.

3. Best Offers & Gauging Interest

The forum will permit "OBO" or "serious offers" in a sale thread where a price has been stipulated.

We will not permit threads where no price is stated, and asks for open offers.

Members are not permitted to "gauge interest," in their item for sale thread. Such threads will create an ebay type auction, and that is unacceptable. Sellers must create their thread with an asking price included.

Get notified of new replies

To Selling many, many 66 parts-RestoMod conversion

Quick Reply: Selling many, many 66 parts-RestoMod conversion