Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

56 - 57 Corvette oil pan - $600 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Default 56 - 57 Corvette oil pan - $600 OBO

The correct oil pan for 2nd type 1956 (dip stick tube in the block) and all 1957 Corvette engines. This pan is NOT the same as the 58 and later oil pan. This correct pan has the correct two vertical marks on each side of the pan, one long, one short. Pan also include the correct large oil drain plug with the circle A logo.

The pan is know as the three step pan, and does not have the indentations on the bottom that would identify it as a passenger car pan. Also not the two spot welds in the middle step where the internal baffle is spot welded.

The pan has a few dents and scratches, but the metal is solid throughout, and the pan is not rusted. I will leave it to the new owner to work the dents out.

This pan was recently taken off of a running engine, and was only used on Corvettes and large trucks in 1956 and 1957.

Buyer to pay actual shipping charges. Pan will be shipped from zip code 35757, and will probably be shipped via UPS.

Part is located in Huntsville, AL area (north Alabama).

Price is $600 or best offer. I will listed to any offer, I'll seriously listen to serious offers. Thanks. ***SOLD ***

Ed
Attached Images      

Last edited by emccomas; 01-10-2015 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:22 AM
HeatSink2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emccomas
The correct oil pan for 2nd type 1956 (dip stick tube in the block) and all 1957 Corvette engines. This pan is NOT the same as the 58 and later oil pan. This correct pan has the correct two vertical marks on each side of the pan, one long, one short. Pan also include the correct large oil drain plug with the circle A logo.

The pan is know as the three step pan, and does not have the indentations on the bottom that would identify it as a passenger car pan. Also not the two spot welds in the middle step where the internal baffle is spot welded.

The pan has a few dents and scratches, but the metal is solid throughout, and the pan is not rusted. I will leave it to the new owner to work the dents out.

This pan was recently taken off of a running engine, and was only used on Corvettes and large trucks in 1956 and 1957.

Buyer to pay actual shipping charges. Pan will be shipped from zip code 35757, and will probably be shipped via UPS.

Part is located in Huntsville, AL area (north Alabama).

Price is $600 or best offer. I will listed to any offer, I'll seriously listen to serious offers. Thanks.

Ed
Do you still have it?
Old 01-10-2015, 06:37 AM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Pan was sold a while back.

Get notified of new replies

To 56 - 57 Corvette oil pan - $600 OBO

Quick Reply: 56 - 57 Corvette oil pan - $600 OBO