Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

For sale: 1966 C2 rolling chassis with good frame in Lafayette, Indiana 47904

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Bob'z Hot Rodz
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default For sale: 1966 C2 rolling chassis with good frame in Lafayette, Indiana 47904

I have decided to restomod my 1966 convertible, so I am selling the complete frame and chassis parts. Asking $5000 for the whole rolling chassis. The car had sat for 14 years before I got it last summer. As you can see in the photos, there is a lot of surface rust, but not much deep pitting. The front half of the frame will be nice and smooth after sandblasting, the back half will have some pits, but could easily be filled and painted to look like a new frame after sandblasting. The frame is solid, even at the kick ups. The only rust hole I can find is the left end plate ahead of the LR tire, and the left trailing arm is rusted out. Both trailing arm pockets look good. All of the captured nuts are good except the one by the kick up on the right side. I had to cut the bolt and chisel the capture to get it out. The differential appears to have about a 3.42ish gear, based on manually turning it and counting the turns. There is some play in both of the output shafts.
Included in the deal but not pictured are many parts including all 4 brand new stainless brake calipers and pads. Also the front coil springs, rear leaf spring, drive shaft, 2 sets of half shafts: 2 1/2" & 3", and a new spare tire cover with mounting bolts.
I also have the numbers matching 327 engine with Holley carb, blowproof and original bellhousing, clutch bell crank, 4 speed transmission and radiator. The engine is in pieces, as it was torn down to repair a spun main bearing. The crank has been turned .010 under, and has new matching bearings. If you would like to buy the whole package, I'm asking $7500.
Thanks for looking.

It doesn't look very good in the photo, but it's just surface rust.

Front frame horn is good.

Front frame horn is good.

Right trailing arm pocket looks good.

RR body mount hole is rusted.

Rear spreader bar is a little tweaked.

Left rear body mount hole is rusted.

Left trailing arm pocket looks good.

15" rally wheels go with the deal, but the tires are no good.

Quick Reply: For sale: 1966 C2 rolling chassis with good frame in Lafayette, Indiana 47904