Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB 65-67 Vent Window Regulators for Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 AM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Default WTB 65-67 Vent Window Regulators for Coupe

I need both left and right. From my research, these should have the two grooves on the shaft, and the shaft is about 1 3/4" long.

I just need two nice assembles that need to be rebuilt. I had already purchased the repair gears from Paragon, but realized that neither of the ones I removed from my 66 coupe is correct.

Thanks,

Don
Old 10-20-2014, 11:02 AM
zeus337
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I just took an original set outta mine and replaced with some new ones from TRIM PARTS. shoot me a reasonable offer. thanks!
u might wanna go with the new ones from TRIM PARTS like I did.. look original!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:36 AM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by zeus337
I just took an original set outta mine and replaced with some new ones from TRIM PARTS. shoot me a reasonable offer. thanks!
u might wanna go with the new ones from TRIM PARTS like I did.. look original!
What did you remove yours from? The more research I do, the more confused I get. If yours are correct, would $80 plus shipping be reasonable?

Can you send me a picture or two?

I may end up just buying the Trim Part reproductions, but I've already spent close to $100 for the replacement gears, so If I can find a good pair of originals, I would like to use what I have.

Thanks,

Don
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 AM
zeus337
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

here is what I suggest... I too bought replacement gears and didn't like quality so returned them. If I were you I would return your gears for a refund. Paragon is good about that... Then order the entire part from TRIM PARTS. The TRIM PART pieces are good quality.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:51 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

I would, except I have already used one of them. Both the regulators I removed have the correct castings on the main assembly, but neither of them is correct for a 66 coupe. One has a shaft with no rings, not sure what it is for.

The one I have already restored has one ring and the new gear in it. Looks very good and works great. However it has one ring on the shaft and is not the right length (1 3/8") for 66/67 which is supposed to be 1 3/4".

So, if I can find good cores I'll move this gear to a correct replacement regulator.

If I can't come up with good cores to restore, then I'll have to return the one gear that I have not used.

Thanks,

Don
Old 10-20-2014, 04:04 PM
65 Pro Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,043 Likes on 574 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I would rebuild originals, after 6 months the repro I bought both backs broke apart, had to take them and send them back the castings are made of a cheep material.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:27 PM
mark chace
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dharris45
I need both left and right. From my research, these should have the two grooves on the shaft, and the shaft is about 1 3/4" long.

I just need two nice assembles that need to be rebuilt. I had already purchased the repair gears from Paragon, but realized that neither of the ones I removed from my 66 coupe is correct.

Thanks,

Don
I have 1 NOS LH # 9704601, it has 2 grooves on shaft--sold car 20 years ago--part is in the GM box and never been mounted.
$125.00 shipped or reasonable offer
Old 10-20-2014, 04:59 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mark chace
I have 1 NOS LH # 9704601, it has 2 grooves on shaft--sold car 20 years ago--part is in the GM box and never been mounted.
$125.00 shipped or reasonable offer
Mark,

$125 shipped is reasonable to me, so I'll take the regulator. If you do PayPal, PM me the info. Or if not, PM me with you address and other info and I can send you either a check or if you prefer a money order.

Thanks,

Don Harris
Old 10-20-2014, 05:11 PM
mark chace
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dharris45
Mark,

$125 shipped is reasonable to me, so I'll take the regulator. If you do PayPal, PM me the info. Or if not, PM me with you address and other info and I can send you either a check or if you prefer a money order.

Thanks,

Don Harris
PM sent

Get notified of new replies

To WTB 65-67 Vent Window Regulators for Coupe

Quick Reply: WTB 65-67 Vent Window Regulators for Coupe