Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTS 66 Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Default WTS 66 Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster

I have a like new 66 Power Brake setup.

Original power brake master cylinder that was cleaned and sleeved by Brake and Equipment Warehouse, Inc of Minneapolis. I am including reproduction caps and rebuild kit with all the parts to complete the rebuild.

Original power brake booster that was restored by BrakeBooster.com's Steve Gregori. Looks new and has the correct 7011 on one tab (back side) and a Julian date of 129 on another tab (face side).

These have not been installed since rebuild/restoration.

$1,250 for both and I will include shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks,

Don

SOLD
Attached Images       

Last edited by dharris45; 03-22-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:28 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Default More pictures

Here are a few more pictures
Attached Images   
Old 02-20-2015, 09:29 PM
big block ken
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 105 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Beautiful! I'm about to convert my original '66 single, non-power master cylinder setup, for safety reasons. And I intend to use this correct one, not the cheaper '67 master cylinder with the single metal cap and bail clip. Unfortunately the Julian date is May 9th, and I have an April built car. So it looks like I'll have to go with the repro kit. Good luck. Nothing like original!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:07 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by big block ken
Beautiful! I'm about to convert my original '66 single, non-power master cylinder setup, for safety reasons. And I intend to use this correct one, not the cheaper '67 master cylinder with the single metal cap and bail clip. Unfortunately the Julian date is May 9th, and I have an April built car. So it looks like I'll have to go with the repro kit. Good luck. Nothing like original!
I am doing the opposite. When I purchased my 66 it came with power brakes, 67 style master cylinder and over-the-counter replacement booster. The box of parts that came with the car included the correct master cylinder. The guy I bought the car from believed the car was originally a power brake car and passed on the correct master cylinder. I've since spent a lot of money finding a correct booster and having everything restored.

I am doing a body off the frame NCRS restoration on my 66 coupe. I just determined that it was not originally a power brake car so I am restoring it to standard brakes. NCRS judging is a complete deduct for the brakes (40 points) if an option that was not originally on the car is added. And I plan to have the car judged.

Don

Last edited by dharris45; 02-21-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:00 PM
big block ken
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 105 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by dharris45
I am doing the opposite. When I purchased my 66 it came with power brakes, 67 style master cylinder and over-the-counter replacement booster. The box of parts that came with the car included the correct master cylinder. The guy I bought the car from believed the car was originally a power brake car and passed on the correct master cylinder. I've since spent a lot of money finding a correct booster and having everything restored.

I am doing a body off the frame NCRS restoration on my 66 coupe. I just realized that it was not originally a power brake car so I am restoring it to standard brakes. NCRS judging is a complete deduct for the brakes (40 points) if an option that was not originally on the car is added. And I plan to have the car judged.
Don
I can appreciate that reason Don! My '66 427/390 convertible is a one owner car, that my brother (R.I.P.) bought new. It has already Top Flighted with a 97.4 score. So the pressure is now off. I do show it though, and want it as original appearing as possible. I'm also taking the Coker 7.75 x 15 whitewall tires off and going with radials, again for safety and handling. If you need the tires, maybe we can work out a deal. I'm still considering your brake parts here. -Ken
Old 02-21-2015, 09:22 AM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by big block ken
I can appreciate that reason Don! My '66 427/390 convertible is a one owner car, that my brother (R.I.P.) bought new. It has already Top Flighted with a 97.4 score. So the pressure is now off. I do show it though, and want it as original appearing as possible. I'm also taking the Coker 7.75 x 15 whitewall tires off and going with radials, again for safety and handling. If you need the tires, maybe we can work out a deal. I'm still considering your brake parts here. -Ken
I am going to need a set of tires for judging. I plan to keep a set of radials for driving. I have two sets of wheels. If your tires are in really good shape and you decide to get rid of them. Let me know. I'll send you a PM or email with my contact info.

Don
Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 AM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Ttt
Old 03-14-2015, 06:48 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Price reduced. Very nice and complete setup for 66 power brakes
Old 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM
dabear
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How does someone tell if it came with power brakes or didn't if you don't have a build sheet?
Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dabear
How does someone tell if it came with power brakes or didn't if you don't have a build sheet?
There are two quick and easy ways to tell, at least on a 66.

First, a power brake car has a nut bracket for the top two bolts that hold the booster. This bracket is in the windshield wiper valley under the grille. Non power brake car will not have this bracket as it was added only to a power brake car. This bracket is riveted in place. My car had the bracket, but it was not riveted and there was no sign that there have every been rivets.

Second, there are four threaded studs on the front of the pedal assembly bracket that go through the firewall. The top two studs simply have nuts on them holding the bracket to the firewall. The lower two studs hold the non-power master cylinder. If the car has or had a true 65/66 power brake booster, the booster has studs on the bottom, so the lower studs on the pedal bracket were knocked out on the assembly line and the booster studs passed through the firewall and nuts were used on the inside.

My car had a later replacement booster on it when I bought it. This booster did not have studs on the lower bracket, but had hole. So the two lower studs of the pedal bracket were used to hold the lower part of the booster.

Of course, there are probably other way, but these are the two that convinced me that my car was NOT an original power brake car.

Don
Old 03-22-2015, 08:58 AM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Ttt
Old 03-22-2015, 08:49 PM
JWLaRue
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would a '65 be able to have this fitted to it? If so, what would be involved (high-level)?

-tnx,
Jeff

Last edited by JWLaRue; 03-22-2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Fixed auto-correct.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by JWLaRue
Would a '65 be able to have this fitted to it? If so, what would be involved (high-level)?

-tnx,
Jeff
Somebody can jump in here and correct me, but I think the only difference is the date codes (if one cares) and the '65 will have different brake line fittings on the outlet side lines. Other than that, I think it is identical.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:23 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

sold

Get notified of new replies

To WTS 66 Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster

Quick Reply: WTS 66 Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster