Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

S**t! Looking for Dist hold down screw

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Brumbach
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Default S**t! Looking for Dist hold down screw

Changing ignition points and lost one of the hold down screws. Who sells them? 65 L79 with correct distributor. Thanks in advance. Bill
Old 06-30-2015, 11:40 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

I'm curious, how did you lose it? I'd ask where, but that doesn't sound reasonable (or you wouldn't have lost it).
Old 06-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Any hardware store or Lowes/Home Depot should sell them. Aren't they 6-32 or 8-32 screws? Take the one you didn't lose with you as a sample.

BTW, I don't think this thread should have been moved. It was more of a "help me" thread than anything.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Brumbach
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
I'm curious, how did you lose it? I'd ask where, but that doesn't sound reasonable (or you wouldn't have lost it).
Big fingers, small screw. Dropped it and it never made it to the pavement. Hung up below distributor somewhere. Good news, Volunteer Vette in Knoxville has the set in stock. I'll pick up tomorrow while in town.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Brumbach
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Randy G.
Any hardware store or Lowes/Home Depot should sell them. Aren't they 6-32 or 8-32 screws? Take the one you didn't lose with you as a sample.

BTW, I don't think this thread should have been moved. It was more of a "help me" thread than anything.
Thanks. I guess my French got it moved or insufficient title. My apologies to the administrator. You're right though, it was a plead for immediate help. The forum is great for quick responses. Lost screw was a "show stopper". I was outside changing points and it was about to start raining. All's fine now...managed to pushed the car into the garage w/o assistance. I'll pick up replacement screw tomorrow from Vol Vette and complete the job on a pretty day.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,327 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy G.
Generally a one sentence post asking where to buy a part will be moved to the "Parts Wanted" section.

In this case, the title caused it to need to be edited or deleted anyway, so moving it to the right forum made sense.

Originally Posted by Brumbach
Thanks. I guess my French got it moved or insufficient title. My apologies to the administrator. You're right though, it was a plead for immediate help. The forum is great for quick responses. Lost screw was a "show stopper". I was outside changing points and it was about to start raining. All's fine now...managed to pushed the car into the garage w/o assistance. I'll pick up replacement screw tomorrow from Vol Vette and complete the job on a pretty day.
Glad you got the info you needed. Best of luck on the car.

Get notified of new replies

To S**t! Looking for Dist hold down screw

Quick Reply: S**t! Looking for Dist hold down screw