Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

FS and WTB: 1959 C1 Corvette Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:20 PM
DavidLev
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS and WTB: 1959 C1 Corvette Parts

Hello! I am rebuilding an era-correct C1 corvette (not NCRS numbers matching, sadly). The vehicle was 99% complete, but has a lot of drivetrain (327/muncie/etc) from a 1963 corvette. I am rebuilding the original 283 that came with it. I am about to do a body off restoration. I have some spare parts - will get a list put together - but need a few things. I am in Meridian, Idaho, so unless your car is nearby (Eagle, meridian, Boise, Star, Middleton, Twin Falls, Mountain Home, Emmett), I'm afraid I cannot drive to you to see what you have for sale.

I am seeking a T-10 4 speed. Think I found one. Looking for correct bell housing. Have 3 fingered clutch already.

I am seeking 283 heads. Mine are off a truck application.

I am seeking 283 intake for a single quad.

I have the 2x4 intake, but the cost of linkage and finding the carbs is cost prohibitive, so I may sell it.

The 327 and muncie I have numbers on, and can post that soon. It is all running and in my drivable veto now.

I think I need a radiator, but may have found that in eagle (thanks bob).

Let me know what you're seeking, as I may part with it.

I am interested in doing a vintage air setup (too damn hot out lately) and electric wipers.

I may benefit from some fiberglass work. The driver's inside door panel is a bit sad, having been repaired before (the glass, not the deluxe door panel).

I will need carpet & insulation. I will need a lot; I have it stripped down to fiberglass right now.

I may swap drums for disk brakes.

Oh - I have a complete front end (spare) sitting in my shop, too - happy to sell that.

I have fan from 1964 corvette (rivets, etc.).

I am going through my shop this week gathering up a list of parts for sale, so let me know what you need and I'll see if I can part with it at this time.

Recommendations on treasure valley body shops/painters would be appreciated, too.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:33 PM
dstrauser
Intermediate

Default 59 short block

Originally Posted by DavidLev
Hello! I am rebuilding an era-correct C1 corvette (not NCRS numbers matching, sadly). The vehicle was 99% complete, but has a lot of drivetrain (327/muncie/etc) from a 1963 corvette. I am rebuilding the original 283 that came with it. I am about to do a body off restoration. I have some spare parts - will get a list put together - but need a few things. I am in Meridian, Idaho, so unless your car is nearby (Eagle, meridian, Boise, Star, Middleton, Twin Falls, Mountain Home, Emmett), I'm afraid I cannot drive to you to see what you have for sale.

I am seeking a T-10 4 speed. Think I found one. Looking for correct bell housing. Have 3 fingered clutch already.

I am seeking 283 heads. Mine are off a truck application.

I am seeking 283 intake for a single quad.

I have the 2x4 intake, but the cost of linkage and finding the carbs is cost prohibitive, so I may sell it.

The 327 and muncie I have numbers on, and can post that soon. It is all running and in my drivable veto now.

I think I need a radiator, but may have found that in eagle (thanks bob).

Let me know what you're seeking, as I may part with it.

I am interested in doing a vintage air setup (too damn hot out lately) and electric wipers.

I may benefit from some fiberglass work. The driver's inside door panel is a bit sad, having been repaired before (the glass, not the deluxe door panel).

I will need carpet & insulation. I will need a lot; I have it stripped down to fiberglass right now.

I may swap drums for disk brakes.

Oh - I have a complete front end (spare) sitting in my shop, too - happy to sell that.

I have fan from 1964 corvette (rivets, etc.).

I am going through my shop this week gathering up a list of parts for sale, so let me know what you need and I'll see if I can part with it at this time.

Recommendations on treasure valley body shops/painters would be appreciated, too.
Have a late production covette 283 short block dual quad/ auto if interested Dan (815) 341-7220
Old 07-01-2015, 06:20 PM
DavidLev
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dstrauser
Have a late production covette 283 short block dual quad/ auto if interested Dan (815) 341-7220
Dan it was great to talk to you. In summary:

Dan's block doesn't have a VIN number (not until 1960 you said). Seeking a 1959, so this may work.

Dan believes it is correct for late 1959.

Dan does not have the auto trans or the dual quads, but does have the short block (block with heads, does not have intake).

Cylinder heads use 465 heads. You indicated that your engine has these heads, and it is correctly date coded for this era.

No road draft tube.

This block has been bored to 4" - unusual since they don't typically go that far - for 302 cid.

283 crank (late small journals) with 4" pistons you end up with that 302 cid.

The heads have been reworked; they have some cracks around the outer bolt pattern. No machine shop seems to mind this. They were magnifluxed, valves re-ground, etc. Ready to run.

Dan has these in Chicago.

Dan is open to offers; heads are fairly rare; block not so rare; probably in the $600-$800 range.

Dan also has for early 1959 single quad intake, early heads, intakes, valve covers, and more.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 PM
DavidLev
8th Gear

Default Updates with links to what I have for sale

What parts I have left are posted online:

1961 Corvette 4 blade fan for cooling engine from water pump USED - $19.00 USD:
http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/5101861451.html

Early Corvette Vette C-1 C1 instrument panel gauges NOS or Rebuilt - $350.00 USD:
http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/5101942188.html

Last edited by DavidLev; 07-03-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:42 AM
DavidLev
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dstrauser
Thanks Dan it was great to talk to you about your early and late 1959 engines & heads.

Get notified of new replies

To FS and WTB: 1959 C1 Corvette Parts

Quick Reply: FS and WTB: 1959 C1 Corvette Parts