Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Free transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:40 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Free transmission.

Free and you pay shipping.

This is a 57 three speed from a Bel Air or at least that's what the part numbers indicate. This came with a 54 Austin Healey I purchased two years ago. I don't know if it's in good working order or not. However I don't want to throw it away if someone can use it It has a custom bracket welded to the tail shaft, but it looks like it can easily be cut off as the welds are poor

Old 07-26-2015, 03:59 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

I actually have a use for that trans. Can I get it with the engine deal?

Ed
Madison, AL
Old 07-26-2015, 05:27 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Yes you can! Thank you so much. Ive had these items sitting around for way too long It's so nice getting the extra items out of the way and the garages cleaned up where I don't have to dance around crap on the floor. I have yet to do the compression test on the engine. My engine hoist is on its way out(it's never been right...harbor freight special), so I haven't been able to move the engine to the other garage where my compressor is. I ordered a $45.00 engine stand from summit on Thursday night, so it should be here by tomorrow and then I will be able to easily move it around. My plan is to come up Tuesday or Wednesday.
Chris
Old 07-26-2015, 05:30 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

BTW, I'm probably in the market for your muncie 4 speed. Can you send me details on it. I plan to replace the additonal 3 speed in the 54 healey with your muncie if it is reasonably priced.
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-27-2015, 03:29 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by 65silververt
Yes you can! Thank you so much. Ive had these items sitting around for way too long It's so nice getting the extra items out of the way and the garages cleaned up where I don't have to dance around crap on the floor. I have yet to do the compression test on the engine. My engine hoist is on its way out(it's never been right...harbor freight special), so I haven't been able to move the engine to the other garage where my compressor is. I ordered a $45.00 engine stand from summit on Thursday night, so it should be here by tomorrow and then I will be able to easily move it around. My plan is to come up Tuesday or Wednesday.
Chris
Chris;

I am unavailable on Tuesday (7/28). Appointment out of town.

Get notified of new replies

To Free transmission.

Quick Reply: Free transmission.