Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

1965 Corvette Air Conditioning Dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Default FS - 1965 Corvette Air Conditioning Dash Frame and Pads

I wrote this for an ad elsewhere so it has a things in here that almost all Corvette people know and don't need to be told, unlike the general public. But it was easier just to paste it in intact.

-----------------

A rare Original red Chevrolet Corvette dash panel with the dash pads, glove box, and dash frame for an air condition car. Both the left (LH) dash pad and the right (RH) dash pads are complete and intact. They are in very good condition with minor imperfections. The driver's side pad has a small pinhole under the eyebrow as noted in the picture. There is something that has dripped/run across the passenger side pad that did not clean off with just soap and water. I did not want to risk anything else and will leave that for the buyer.

This dash frame will work in 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, and 1967 Corvette coupes and convertibles. It is the smooth center section with the air conditioning center vent opening as used in 1965 to 1967 Corvettes. The lower edge of the vent opening is cracked to the air conditioning **** opening. You may be able to see this in the picture. I could barely see it until looking very closely at it. The radio opening trim is original and still in place. The glove box is intact and in very good condition for the age. The bottom on the center section has a scar on the front where the console plate butts against it. The vinyl has rolled back from the padding on the very bottom where it sits on the transmission tunnel.

I received this dash frame in the late '70s from a person who had it in his shop for several years. It then hung inside my parents house for 20 years before I brought it to my house where it has remained inside. It has probably been close to 40 years since it has been out in the sun except for the times moving it from one house to the other.

There are no numbers or markings on the underside of the fiberglass frame. My '63 dash had the date written in green marker, but nothing like that is on this one.

If you are building a Survivor Corvette for Bloomington Gold or NCRS Top Flight Restoration, this may be the best original condition dash you will find.

-----------------

$1200 plus shipping. I'd prefer you pick it up as it is less likely to get damaged, but I will pack it and ship it. Shipping appears to be around $65 to Southern California, $50 to Chicago, and $55 to Massachusetts to give you a rough idea of shipping costs.

I'll have to double check it with the shipper to be sure as that seems low.

Last edited by Procrastination Racing; 08-27-2015 at 08:18 PM. Reason: fix title
Old 09-30-2015, 09:32 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

ttt
Old 02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Sold

Get notified of new replies

To 1965 Corvette Air Conditioning Dash