Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

1967 BB Hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Bobonthis
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 1967 BB Hood

Bought a very nice OEM one - no repairs needed at a very reasonable price shipped, so this post can be deleted.

Last edited by Bobonthis; 03-18-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Found an OEM hood.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:03 PM
DBanks
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

email sent to you
Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 PM
HS Vette
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5432722314.html

Originally Posted by Bobonthis
In my opionion I just had a bad experience with trying to purchase a 1967 OEM BB hood from Hedges Corvette out of Arkansas. I am looking for a quality OEM BB corvette hood. If someone has one I am interested. Please respond with pics to pgsmith@stny.rr.com. Is there anyone out there with an honest offer?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:45 PM
MADSIERRA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SENT you PM. was a couple on the Albany , NY craigslist a few days ago. one was damaged other looked ok, but not good pictures, looked VERY dusty so may even be a cpl original ones...i am not affiliated with them...just saw them as was looking for parts. good luck.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:29 AM
DBanks
Instructor

I sent the OP 20+ photos from two different email accounts with no reply for days. At first he claimed the initial batch of photos did not work? I believe the OP is fishing. Communication is not good. Please be aware.

Dan
Old 02-17-2016, 12:57 PM
MADSIERRA
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DBanks
I sent the OP 20+ photos from two different email accounts with no reply for days. At first he claimed the initial batch of photos did not work? I believe the OP is fishing. Communication is not good. Please be aware.

Dan
Thanks...I am not sure either, sent OP a PM with a link about a couple hoods on Craigslist in The Albany NY area and got back a message didn't know why I was sending anything and wanted to know what was up??? weird...
Old 02-18-2016, 09:45 PM
P Knopp
Advanced

What part of the country are you in? I have one in San Diego but don't want to crate it
Old 02-23-2016, 04:00 PM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Someone on craigslist has a pair of hoods...a damaged 64 with a stinger on it and a 67 BB hood which I think was undamaged. Don't know if they were original or not but they were old and grubby looking in the pictures.

North Jersey/Hudson Valley/NYC area, can't remember which one but it was one of those CL cities somewhere over that way
Old 03-11-2016, 11:15 PM
DBanks
Instructor

I do believe I made an offer on one of these hoods and the individual who had them was not very nice to deal with - very unprofessional, but thanks for the info.
You offered 65% of the asking price and instructed me to drive 2.5 hours to consummate the deal. This was only after 10 emails back and forth. Not how I do business... ever.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:06 PM
BigB5454
6th Gear

I am looking for a quality OEM BB corvette hood. If someone has one I am interested. Please respond with pics to pgsmith@stny.rr.com. Is there anyone out there with an honest offer?

Still looking for a OEM BB 1967 Corvette hood - not a basket case.
Hello, new to CF. I do believe I have a 67 BB hood but not exactly sure from the research that I have done. I do have pics
Old 03-15-2016, 04:48 PM
DBanks
Instructor

Not worth commenting on this one, as I offered to pay his gas and suggested meeting half way & posted a counter-offer. Usually that means a starting point, but to a very few, like this guy, he decides it's non-negotiable. Should post FIRM then.
I beg your pardon? Fair treatment went out the window when you thought it was acceptable to be disrespectful. If you were truly serious you'd drive 3 hours, pick up the hood yourself and be on your way. You're looking for a very rare part that very few people have. Quit penny pinching and step up.

Oh and for the record, I'm not the only member who was disrespected by you. I received a PM from another member where you apparently did the exact same if not worse than this. The forum doesn't need scammers and antics. This should be a safe haven from the perils of the hobby.

Dan

Last edited by DBanks; 03-15-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Bobonthis
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DBanks
I beg your pardon? Fair treatment went out the window when you thought it was acceptable to be disrespectful. If you were truly serious you'd drive 3 hours, pick up the hood yourself and be on your way. You're looking for a very rare part that very few people have. Quit penny pinching and step up.

Oh and for the record, I'm not the only member who was disrespected by you. I received a PM from another member where you apparently did the exact same if not worse than this. The forum doesn't need scammers and antics. This should be a safe haven from the perils of the hobby.

Dan
Let’s actually set the record straight and this is the last I will comment with this member.
• First as DBanks posted without basis (post #5) he claims I was fishing with absolutely no facts. It appears he was just a disgruntle person who did not sell his item.
• I was looking at several hoods at the same time. His happened not to be worth the asking price in my opinion. I made an offer and in the offer I suggested we meet half way (about an hour for him and 1.5 hours for me) and agreed to pay him an additional $50 for his gas. That is the facts. If the offer on hood was lower than he would have accepted he could have had more finesse and or professionalism and declined the offer or made a counter offer. Instead he elected to post childish remarks about me.
• This forum is a very good place to not only get advice and parts, but a friendly location to be a part of. No one needs this type of response. I’ve belonged here since 2010, being a paid Lifetime Member and have dealt with and bought many parts from other members and vendors. They all post asking price, firm or OBO.
• Finally, I purchased a very nice hood with no holes, cracks etc. and the shipping was very reasonable. I purchased it from another forum member who dealt with me professionally. The vast majority of forum members are above this type of childishness.
END................

Last edited by Bobonthis; 03-21-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 BB Hood

Quick Reply: 1967 BB Hood