Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Rim for spare tire (C2) - I have knock offs

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 11:03 PM
htopal
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rim for spare tire (C2) - I have knock offs

I am looking to put something in my spare tire tub- I need a rim and tire or just rim. I have aftermarket knock offs on the car. I need something inexpensive to use as a spare tire.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM
popbluff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by htopal
I am looking to put something in my spare tire tub- I need a rim and tire or just rim. I have aftermarket knock offs on the car. I need something inexpensive to use as a spare tire.
the 78 to 82 spare rims work great on a mid year they clear the calipers and are a 15 by 6 inch rim so work great have a couple $100 each
Old 04-21-2016, 05:27 PM
htopal
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '66. I was told that knockoffs are by the year and '66 has its own style. How can I verify if it would work?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:47 AM
popbluff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toyvetts
Unless you have the Bolt-On Knock Offs, nothing in a regular wheel will work as a spare and be able to mount on the car. The Knock Offs have a cone that the wheels are held on with the Spinner, and there are no lug bolts to put a spare onto. Having a spare regular wheel is nice, but not functional.
the knock off cone is held on with the 5 regular wheel lug nuts you just remove the cone and attach a regular wheel

Get notified of new replies

To Rim for spare tire (C2) - I have knock offs

Quick Reply: Rim for spare tire (C2) - I have knock offs