Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Grounding Strap Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 02:45 PM
66softtop
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Grounding Strap Help Needed

Putting new grounding straps on my 66 vet with side pipes. The last one has me confused. The current wire runs from the front of my lower block, on the driver side, to the frame close to the motor mount. The AIM shows this is wrong. I know it runs from the frame but do know the proper place to attach it. Any help or picture would be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:50 PM
vark_wso
Drifting

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

UPC U-69 (Radio section of AIM), sheet A4, illustrates that one end of the ground strap is under the forward motor mount bolt and the other fixes into a thru-hole in the frame crossmember, forward surface. Don't have a photo of the motor mount connection, but below shows the frame attachment point. There's a star washer between the strap and the frame. If I recall correctly, this is a self-cutting machine screw, 1/4-20 threadform.

By the way, you posted this thread under "parts".

Last edited by vark_wso; 08-22-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-22-2016, 05:55 PM
66softtop
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vark_wso
UPC U-69 (Radio section of AIM), sheet A4, illustrates that one end of the ground strap is under the forward motor mount bolt and the other fixes into a thru-hole in the frame crossmember, forward surface. Don't have a photo of the motor mount connection, but below shows the frame attachment point. There's a star washer between the strap and the frame. If I recall correctly, this is a self-cutting machine screw, 1/4-20 threadform.

By the way, you posted this thread under "parts".

Sorry for the wrong posting. But thanks for the info and picture.

Get notified of new replies

To Grounding Strap Help Needed

Quick Reply: Grounding Strap Help Needed