Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB 1966 center console

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 12:31 AM
dados66
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default WTB 1966 center console

I am looking for a nice condition center console for manual transmission '66 without power windows. Prefer black but can repaint it if needed. The metal does need to be mint condition with no cracks or pieces chipped off. Price must be realistic or I will keep waiting. I would prefer that the chrome be excellent but will consider one that needs rechroming since I'm getting desperate. Already struck out at Carlisle (to the vendors who said, "I've got some nice ones at home but didn't bring 'em" now is your chance to prove it).

I've checked with all vendors of the new ones and no one has them. SmartParts says a few weeks.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2016, 08:03 AM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 276 Posts

I have a pretty nice '67 console for sale. I forget what the difference is, but something to do with the seat belt bracket...maybe. Let me know if it would work and I"ll get you some upclose pics.

I had one for power windows on order with Paragon who told me 6-8 MONTHS.

Who would you have do the rechroming? I would cut out the power window switch hole in mine if I could get it rechromed for a reasonable price. Librandi's plating told me $4-500.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:17 AM
Billygold
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Sungela
I have a pretty nice '67 console for sale. I forget what the difference is, but something to do with the seat belt bracket...maybe. Let me know if it would work and I"ll get you some upclose pics.

Who would you have do the rechroming? I would cut out the power window switch hole in mine if I could get it rechromed for a reasonable price. Librandi's plating told me $4-500.
I just had Librandi replate my 65 center console a few months ago. It cost about $500 and they did a fantastic job. But be careful with the rivet posts that hold on the ashtray door. You will have to remove them leaving enough height to reuse and then you will have to use a combination of the remaining rivets and epoxy to reinstall. Don't forget to tell them to not touch what remains of the rivet posts.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:55 PM
dados66
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ken Sungela

I will have to research it further...it looks like zip and paragon and others sell distinct items for 67 as opposed to 64-66 but I can't find any difference other than the holes for the seat belt bracket. Does anyone know? How much are you asking for yours? If you have photos could you email them here or hbwilson1@gmail.com?

Thanks!!

i used Virginia Vettes for plating my bumpers; they look nice and the price was reasonable at about $800 for all 4; not sure what they would charge for a console.

Last edited by dados66; 08-31-2016 at 07:58 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-08-2016, 09:01 PM
A427nut
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-10-2016, 11:54 PM
agump
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Default 64-67 console plates

1964 has no seat belt bracket screwd to it.
65-66 the seat belt clip screw to the edge that the armrest cushion meets.
67 the clip faces to the rear of the e brake .

You can cut the console for a power window switch and not have to replate it.

When you remove it turn it over , you will have to drill four holes and cut with a fine jigsaw blade your rectangle hole. Make it just under size and file fit till you get a nice even fit. The chrome has a strong hold and will be fine when you repaint. Use a light coat of zinc chromate primer or adhesion promoter before repainting. For best results use paint stripper and remove all of the old paint so the gain is not filled in from to many layers of paint.

Last edited by agump; 09-10-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:07 AM
dados66
Instructor

👌 thanks agump!

Get notified of new replies

To WTB 1966 center console

Quick Reply: WTB 1966 center console