Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

Body Dolly or Straps

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 04:17 PM
outofspec
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Body Dolly or Straps

Located in Hudson WI, just outside Mpls/St. Pual MN.
Kent: 952-210-0263
Dolly built to specs commonly found on this forum, I believe it's a Noland Adams design. Made it a little taller so I could crawl under it to clean. Also used lag bolts and nuts to connect the 4x4 posts, so I could knock it down when not used. No nails, screwed and glued, and performed perfectly. EASY maneuvering, full 5" X 2" hard rubber ball bearing casters. 4 casters on the back swivel, 2 upfront fixed and lockable.
Dolly $70 - Pick up only
Casters Only $50 - Plus actual shipping cost from 54016. Includes 8 total matching 5" casters. 4 locking, 4 swivel.

Straps - from Ecklers. Modified the D hook end's by adding ratcheting short straps so the balance and length could be effectively adjusted. I
also bent out the wide body hooks, so they effectively grip the rocker area of the bird cage. I got a buddy on the fire department who brought over the jaws of life to accomplish the widening. A real PIA. I was told all the parts suppliers buy from the same generic strap vendor, and the hooks are too narrow to use, unless stretched. One hook cracked (not apart) when stretched (see pic) it was welded and all worked perfectly.
Straps $60 - Plus actual shipping cost from 54016

All this stuff was used for a successful; one body lift off and one body lift on using a cherry picker engine hoist.
Thanks for looking at the post.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:31 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 383 Likes on 172 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'll take the body lift straps. let me know what shipping will be to 95642.
I will also send you a PM on this.
Chris

Last edited by MrTrim; 09-27-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-28-2016, 10:54 AM
outofspec
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks MrTrim!
Straps are sold. Shipping today.

Get notified of new replies

To Body Dolly or Straps

Quick Reply: Body Dolly or Straps