Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

in search of 1966 427 block or engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 02:23 PM
TonyU
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in search of 1966 427 block or engine

I'm looking for a 390HP 427 block 2 bolt or complete engine
my car was built in March of 66 so looking for early 66 casting.

I think that I need part #3869942?? Am I correct?

The original owner traded to local ford dealer for 1970 Mach I
somehow while in the possession of the ford dealer the original 427 was swapped. any help appreciated!

Tony

8123090238 cel
Old 11-03-2016, 11:15 PM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

Received 339 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyU
I think that I need part #3869942?? Am I correct?

Tony
Yes, correct Tony. Depends where you are located, but if I were looking for a 942 block, I'd start by calling Dennis Tracy in Roseville, MI. (800) 828-7229. Pretty sure he can help you. Good luck. Bill

Last edited by NightshiftHD; 11-03-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:30 AM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NightshiftHD
Yes, correct Tony. Depends where you are located, but if I were looking for a 942 block, I'd start by calling Dennis Tracy in Roseville, MI. (800) 828-7229. Pretty sure he can help you. Good luck. Bill
pretty sure the last thing anyone wants to do is call Tracy's and tell them you're in need of a part. Prepare to be extremely gauged and price to go up higher and higher as you describe what date and casting you need. All with an attitude from Dennis. No thanks.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:55 AM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette
pretty sure the last thing anyone wants to do is call Tracy's and tell them you're in need of a part. Prepare to be extremely gauged and price to go up higher and higher as you describe what date and casting you need. All with an attitude from Dennis. No thanks.
Well, I've never had an issue dealing with Dennis. I know he'd like to retire from the business so he may be a little more interested in moving some of his massive inventory. You are correct you will not find these blocks "cheap" (unless they are garbage), so if you want the real thing, a feller doesn't have much more chance of finding one with a private seller than a needle in a haystack. At least Dennis has them on his rack and will guarantee them to be good. Bill
Old 11-06-2016, 10:59 AM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Well, I've never had an issue dealing with Dennis. I know he'd like to retire from the business so he may be a little more interested in moving some of his massive inventory. You are correct you will not find these blocks "cheap" (unless they are garbage), so if you want the real thing, a feller doesn't have much more chance of finding one with a private seller than a needle in a haystack. At least Dennis has them on his rack and will guarantee them to be good. Bill

yes, if you're willing to overpay, and not ask any questions, then they're the place to go. If you dare ask for specific dates or suffixes, prepare for price to go up exponentially. Just because he has them on a shelf doesn't mean it's a good buy. Most the stuff he still has because of his attitude and his prices. There are many more reputable dealers with honest prices who also have these on shelves(and no im not one of them, we just sold two we had in stock). I'm sure there are also vendors on the site here who have one also. By no way am i in the minority here either.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:15 PM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

yes, if you're willing to overpay, and not ask any questions, then they're the place to go. If you dare ask for specific dates or suffixes, prepare for price to go up exponentially. Just because he has them on a shelf doesn't mean it's a good buy. Most the stuff he still has because of his attitude and his prices. There are many more reputable dealers with honest prices who also have these on shelves(and no im not one of them, we just sold two we had in stock). I'm sure there are also vendors on the site here who have one also. By no way am i in the minority here either.
James, I'm just trying to help Tony out here in tracking down a 942 block by pointing him to someone I have dealt with and know that he has these specific blocks available. Its up to Tony to call and determine if the price is reasonable to him or not.

If you don't have something constructive to offer Tony here ... like a list of "more reputable dealers with honest prices who also have these on shelves", then you're just wasting your time ... and everyone else's here. Nuff said. Bill
Old 11-06-2016, 01:13 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

James, I'm just trying to help Tony out here in tracking down a 942 block by pointing him to someone I have dealt with and know that he has these specific blocks available. Its up to Tony to call and determine if the price is reasonable to him or not.

If you don't have something constructive to offer Tony here ... like a list of "more reputable dealers with honest prices who also have these on shelves", then you're just wasting your time ... and everyone else's here. Nuff said. Bill
On the contrary. You posted that you had good experience there, and I posted that myself, along with many other have had bad experiences there. Is that not the point of the forum? Or are you only allowed to post about your opionions and no one else is? Some people might find that constructive, as some people don't like being gauged and overcharged. If the OP doesn't want to pay $7000 or $10,000 or whatever Dennis thinks he can screw him out of, I'm simply letting him know there are other, and better options out there. There's 10-20 of these blocks at any one time on eBay alone, as well there are vendors on this site who can help him. Also perhaps Tony doesn't know what a reasonable price for these are, and you pointing him to the most expensive person in North America might not be the best choice for him. Perhaps Tony might find a different opinion, and saving thousands of dollars not a waste of time. Just yours.

Last edited by Northern Corvette; 11-06-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:52 PM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

On the contrary. You posted that you had good experience there, and I posted that myself, along with many other have had bad experiences there. Is that not the point of the forum? Or are you only allowed to post about your opionions and no one else is? Some people might find that constructive, as some people don't like being gauged and overcharged. If the OP doesn't want to pay $7000 or $10,000 or whatever Dennis thinks he can screw him out of, I'm simply letting him know there are other, and better options out there. There's 10-20 of these blocks at any one time on eBay alone, as well there are vendors on this site who can help him. Also perhaps Tony doesn't know what a reasonable price for these are, and you pointing him to the most expensive person in North America might not be the best choice for him. Perhaps Tony might find a different opinion, and saving thousands of dollars not a waste of time. Just yours.
Dude, get off your high horse and instead of ranting on my **** ... give Tony some help finding him a 942 block.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:14 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Dude, get off your high horse and instead of ranting on my **** ... give Tony some help finding him a 942 block.
I'm not on a high horse at all. I simply gave my opinion in first post, you could have left it there. Sorry you needed to take it so personal. I told him eBay has lots, and there's options on this site. You get commission or something from Dennis? Not sure why you're so upset, people are allowed to disagree no?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:15 PM
cdobson
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully I'm not resurrecting an old thread but I may be able to help.
I may have posted my thread in the wrong forum...sorry guys.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...or-a-home.html

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To in search of 1966 427 block or engine

Quick Reply: in search of 1966 427 block or engine