Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: Complete rebuilt Big Block

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Default FS: Complete rebuilt Big Block

I am looking to sell or trade for LS1 upgrades such as 243 heads or actual Z06 heads, high performance cams, injectors, or larger throttle bodies. I am open to about anything ENGINE related.

I had this built for my 1969 Camaro. I had it built it with the intent of using the car to go to the drag strip on occasion so I tried to make as much power as possible without compromising the drivability of the car. This would be a great engine for an older car. This engine has not been started, only turned over by hand. Here are the specifications

Block Early 70s 454 4-bolt block bored .030 over. (51k miles on it before rebuild)
Heads 1966-1968 396cu/375hp closed chamber heads, new valves, springs, locks, retainers, rockers, 2.19/1.72 valves with I think 116 cc chamber.
Pistons 250 dome making 9.3:1 compression
Crank Stock 454 crank
Rods Stock 454 rods
Cam Hydraulic .553/.571 lift (can get the rest of the specs but cant remember right now)
Lifters High intensity Crane lifters
Intake Edelbrock Performer RPM
Oil Pan 7-quart race pan
Valve Covers Red Anodized Moroso Valve Covers
Push Rods New push rods

I have a lot invested in this but at this time I am willing to take a big loss. I need money to finish my new home as well as to help pay for college. I had the price set at $3,500 but it is negotiable and I open to possible trades. If you have $3,000 cash its yours. If you have some high performance LS1 stuff I am not opposed to taking partial trade and cash just to work out a deal. Like I said I need to move this thing.

I am located in upstate PA (zip 16928) and western NY (zip 14843).

This is the 4th engine this builder has put together for my father and the other three engines all ran fantastic. He builds race engines for dirt and asphalt racers.

Thanks for looking.

Quick Reply: FS: Complete rebuilt Big Block