Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1s & C2s for Sale/Wanted
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C1s & C2s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 03-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
lr61cr

Default FSBO: 1961 Corvette Project Car

Up for sale is my 1961 Corvette. Its a running and driving PROJECT car. It does not have the original motor, but a generic non-corvette low horsepower small block. It has a newly rebuilt turbo 350 auto trans, but the car has a clutch pedal and looks like it was originally a 4 spd car.

The body appears pretty solid. There is no evidence of the front end fiberglass being replaced. The grill area has a few small repairs in the fiberglass and the left rear upper quarter panel has evidence of sloppy repair. The headlight bezels were added in chrome, but I have the originals along with the grill. I also have new door panels. The paint and interior are tired, but its a project car. It has a nice new soft top.

The frame has significant rust in various areas that was covered up with Bondo by a previous owner. One photo depicts this by the spring mouting area. I have not removed the paint / bondo so I do not know the extent of the damage, but consider that it needs its frame replaced.

The brakes have been rebuit and the car runs and drive pretty nice all things considering.

Some pics can be seen in the following craigslist ad, more are available at your request.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...885602970.html
lr61cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
63 grandsport
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default frame

will have 61-62 frame coming up pretty soon
63 grandsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1s & C2s for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page FSBO: 1961 Corvette Project Car

Tags
1961, 61, buy, car, cars, corvette, original, project, sale, vette, vetteprojectcars