Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

F/S 65 Convertible Project NOM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 AM
texas_c2
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Default F/S 65 Convertible Project NOM

Here it goes…I have been thinking of selling my NOM 1965 convertible. I originally purchased the car in May 1997 and drove it for approximately 5 years. It has been garaged and not driven since that time. My goal was to restore it to a clean, period-correct driver. I also feel it would make a good resto-mod platform, and have contemplated going that route. With two small children, however, this is a little more than I feel I have time to tackle right now.

The car was originally Glen Green car and is now painted black with black interior and good condition black soft-top. The car needs paint and has two areas where the fiberglass has been damaged. The area above the driver’s side rear bumper was cracked when I purchased the car. The lower rear valance also has some damage near the license plate. I have a spare unprimed valance panel I have not put on.

The engine block that was in the car was cracked and I have discarded it. I still have the remaining parts that were on the car less the short block. It is currently equipped with a 4-speed, power steering, side pipes (stainless 2.5” pipes with an extra set of covers in great condition), and repro knock-off’s.

All of the gauges and instruments worked at the time I took it off the road. The frame is rust free and in good condition judging from the areas that are visible (I have not had the body off). The car currently has full Vette Brakes Performance Plus suspension, however original suspension parts come with the car (except shocks and rear leaf spring). I put the suspension on shortly before I took the car off the road, but the poly bushings have deteriorated while the car has been stationary.

I began disassembling the car to start the restoration, so some of the parts not in the pictures will come loose with the car (grill, transmission, bellhousing, radiator shroud, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, side pipes, ect.). I didn’t have time to drag out all of the parts and snap pictures, but I can if there are questions about a specific part.

Email me at texas_c2@icloud.com or send me a pm with questions. I have additional photos posted on Flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4950298...7632792706244/

Asking $22,000.

Thanks for looking.

Untitled by texas_c2, on Flickr

Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
texas_c2
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Deal Pending.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 AM
BioRxOkc@aol.com
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texas_c2
Deal Pending.

Thanks.
Thanks John. I'll take it per our agreement.

Jason

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 65 Convertible Project NOM

Quick Reply: F/S 65 Convertible Project NOM