Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Wtb - 63 swc

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:21 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by docent
ttt Still looking. 90% of the 63 SWC's are east of the Mississippi. I've decided to change my game plan on my search, and concentrate on a radius of 500 miles of the LA area. Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Reno area. Color of the car, is not important to me anymore, just finding a clean car that isn't over infliated in price. Wish I could get reimbursed for my airline tickets, for the bogus descriptions of the condition of the cars I've seen. Dealers should be put in jail !
Originally Posted by Zoomin
Why would you eliminate 90+% of the market?

If you locate a promising example, see if you can get one of your fellow members here to take a look at it. If they say it's worth looking at, then fly out.

Just sayin....
I could write not a book but a Novel on the plane rides I've taken on the "Owner's" description of a "Perfect Car"...only to be GROSSLY Disappointed!!!.

Zoomin offers Excellent advice, I now seek the paid advice of a local expert of the car in question & get a PPI, prior to making ANY plane ticket purchases, AND I want LOTS of pictures of the car in question on a lift, compression tests, actual driving evaluations, etc, etc,.

I view my car purchases as an "Investment".

Would you buy stock/s or a home without doing extensive research or inspections??!!!!.

"I"/ We are no longer talking "Chump Change" when making C2 purchases. The more revealing & transparent the owner is in the buying/negotiations process, the more comfortable "I" feel about the possible purchase.

Exceptional examples of cars ( C2's in this example) sell themselves. An owner that truly has "Pride of Ownership" will be forthright because of the established confidence they have in their cars.

The "Smoke & Mirrors" owners/dealers are the ones to....Avoid at All Costs!!!.....Mark

Last edited by sidepipe seeker; 02-20-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

have you run the traps at www.hemmings.com? I was looking for parts on there and they have several listed.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:31 AM
chevahaulic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=sidepipe seeker;1586223174]

I view my car purchases as an "Investment".

This is where the hobby vs banker " investor " differ. Why would you buy an expensive car, park it in the garage, and wait for a return ? At todays prices between tax and up keep one fights a diminishing return. Maybe its the thrill of hunting prospects and negotiating prices. Title jumping is also quite popular.
You invest & count your dollars, I will enjoy and drive.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I drive every one of my Corvettes regularly.

I also consider them investments.

Why are the 2 concepts exclusive? They aren't.

Considering the future value of a car you spend $70,000 on doesnt make you a banker, it makes you prudent. Doesnt keep you from driving it.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:02 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
I drive every one of my Corvettes regularly.

I also consider them investments.

Why are the 2 concepts exclusive? They aren't.

Considering the future value of a car you spend $70,000 on doesnt make you a banker, it makes you prudent. Doesnt keep you from driving it.
I AGREE 100%!!!....why do some people falsely presume that just because "I" consider my cars (6) as investments, precludes myself from DRIVING my cars...I drive ALL my cars, and even...wait for it.....TRACK my 1991 Ferrari Testarossa & my 1972 DeTomaso Pantera....OHHHHHHH the Humanity!!!...Mark
Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 AM
markmywords
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
I AGREE 100%!!!....why do some people falsely presume that just because "I" consider my cars (6) as investments, precludes myself from DRIVING my cars...I drive ALL my cars, and even...wait for it.....TRACK my 1991 Ferrari Testarossa & my 1972 DeTomaso Pantera....OHHHHHHH the Humanity!!!...Mark
I drive all of my cars.Now are they my daily commuter no.But any chance that I get I drive my cars.Including the NCRS Top Flight cars
Old 11-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Gasmith
6th Gear

Default 63 white/red

Originally Posted by docent
ttt
I know of one , mint restore all original, numbers matching
Old 11-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Gasmith
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Gasmith
I know of one , mint restore all original, numbers matching
Gasmith2003@epbfi.com
Old 11-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Boyan
Drifting

Received 466 Likes on 294 Posts

Default 63

You guys know he bought one months ago right?
Boyan

Quick Reply: Wtb - 63 swc