Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, $55,000

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by zer0t
I was also born in January 65 so this car has peaked my interest. Wasn't looking hard for a c2 but to have a car with the same born on date would be interesting. I wonder what day?
According to the birthday date calculators, Corvette #106209 in 1965 was likely built on 7 January 1965. I say "likely" since dividing the monthly production of 2,688 cars built during the month by 31 days in January yields an average of 131.4. So, on 7 January it is "likely" that the build numbers started at number 106159 and ended with number 106292. That would put my car, number 106209, somewhere near the middle of the pack on Thursday, January 7, 1965!!

A great day for a great car!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 PM
zer0t
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

I was born on the 15th. That's damn close.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 AM
66WES
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 54 Posts

Beautiful car
Old 06-30-2014, 04:08 AM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice car.
A "Survivor"?...No, Not with having panels replaced.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
Nice car.
A "Survivor"?...No, Not with having panels replaced.
A survivor can't have had any panel replaced??
Old 06-30-2014, 09:01 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Originally Posted by Ron Miller
A survivor can't have had any panel replaced??
Hope this helps...Mark

http://www.bloomingtongold.com/index...vivor-corvette

e SURVIVOR® Award is designed to recognize those Corvettes that are "worn in, but not worn out." A SURVIVOR Corvette is significantly unrestored, unrepaired, or unmodified and meets these requirements:

Is over 20 years old
Can pass a road test over 10 miles
Retains OEM engine
Remains unrestored, un-refinished, or unaltered;
50% or more in three of four sections to attain SURVIVOR Bronze
66% or more in all four sections to attain SURVIVOR Silver
80% or more in all four sections to attain SURVIVOR Gold
Old 06-30-2014, 09:25 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by murf257
I have thought about parting with my 65 convert as my kids unfortunately have no interest. Not enough joystick or touchscreen options!
I hear ya brother, i'm in the same boat..3 kids, none interested...no joy!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Hope this helps...Mark

http://www.bloomingtongold.com/index...vivor-corvette

e SURVIVOR® Award is designed to recognize those Corvettes that are "worn in, but not worn out." A SURVIVOR Corvette is significantly unrestored, unrepaired, or unmodified and meets these requirements:

Is over 20 years old
Can pass a road test over 10 miles
Retains OEM engine
Remains unrestored, un-refinished, or unaltered;
50% or more in three of four sections to attain SURVIVOR Bronze
66% or more in all four sections to attain SURVIVOR Silver
80% or more in all four sections to attain SURVIVOR Gold
Right, I've read that previously, but it's been some number of years back. And after reading the summary, I'm still uncertain as to how the percentages in each of the four categories is determined . . . . .

I've never been into judging for one of my cars, but guess if I planned on having it done I'd have to go and talk to Marty Fowler, one of the mid-year Bloomington judges near me and find out what "significantly unrestored, un-refinished, or unaltered" means with respect to judging.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Right, I've read that previously, but it's been some number of years back. And after reading the summary, I'm still uncertain as to how the percentages in each of the four categories is determined . . . . .

I've never been into judging for one of my cars, but guess if I planned on having it done I'd have to go and talk to Marty Fowler, one of the mid-year Bloomington judges near me and find out what "significantly unrestored, un-refinished, or unaltered" means with respect to judging.

Thanks!
The percentages refer to the parts within the 4 categories ( Exterior, Interior, Under Hood, Chassis) being significantly unrefinished. The original purpose of Survivor judging was to provide a historical reference point for the cars in the future. If something is replaced or restored, it loses those points. Finish and configuration is everything.

Actually, I'm not sure that a replaced body panel would necessarily exempt a car from attaining Survivor. The rules require specifically that the car have its OEM engine, regardless of percentage scoring in the 4 categories. However, there's no such specificity re: body panels.
The "remains unrestored, unrefinished and unaltered" statement is referring to the percentage of parts in each category.
Its possible a car could fail in the Exterior section because of the body panels, but still score high enough (50%) in the remaining categories to score a Bronze.

I'd have to ask a Survivor judge to be sure.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
The percentages refer to the parts within the 4 categories ( Exterior, Interior, Under Hood, Chassis) being significantly unrefinished. The original purpose of Survivor judging was to provide a historical reference point for the cars in the future. If something is replaced or restored, it loses those points. Finish and configuration is everything.

Actually, I'm not sure that a replaced body panel would necessarily exempt a car from attaining Survivor. The rules require specifically that the car have its OEM engine, regardless of percentage scoring in the 4 categories. However, there's no such specificity re: body panels.
The "remains unrestored, unrefinished and unaltered" statement is referring to the percentage of parts in each category.
Its possible a car could fail in the Exterior section because of the body panels, but still score high enough (50%) in the remaining categories to score a Bronze.

I'd have to ask a Survivor judge to be sure.
Thanks, that's the way I read the summary outline as well. That being said, that's why I think my car might well judge as a survivor considering most of the interior, all of the driveline, and "most" of the body panels are original. (Actually, all body panels are the originals with exception of the lower front wheel vent panel on the passenger's side of the car).

But, I as well would have to ask a survivor judge as to how they look at the cars.

BTW, she goes to the Classic Auto Auction this coming Friday and Saturday, the 11th and 12th of July at the Show-Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. We'll see how it goes . . . . . !!

Last edited by Ron Miller; 07-09-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Add Auction Details
Old 07-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Very Nice GLWS
Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Default Sold sold sold

Originally Posted by mdyearmike
Would like to know if your car sold. Your phone number listed will not work. I get a recording saying out of service.
Mike,
Sorry that you were unable to contact me at the number listed. That's my correct number and I've been receiving calls all along on my phone, so I'm uncertain as to what your problem may have been.

But, probably no matter at this point, as the car did sell this past Saturday during "prime time" at the auction. Brought me $50,000 and the added buyer's premium of 7% would have put the buyer's price well above the $50,000 figure. Had a lot of nice cars at the auction, most of which did sell. I took a few photos and will try and post a few at a later date. Sherm Smith's auctions are some of the best in the mid-west in my opinion. There's another one upcoming this October or November in Paducah, Kentucky as I'm recalling.

My car sold to the Fast Lane folks in St. Charles, Missouri (just outside of St. Louis), so I expect it to be available for sale in the near future, needless to say at a significantly higher price. I was hoping someone on the forum would be able to take advantage of the purchase, but it wasn't to be. Several folks were interested and were bidders at the auction. Somewhat mixed emotions to see it go . . . . . . .

Mods, you can close this thread anytime you so wish, as far as I'm concerned . . . . . . Thanks to everyone for your support and interest, I'm now down to two Corvettes, my Mosport '66 convertible automatic and my 2004 LeMans Commerative Edition convertible. I'm feeling blessed, thanks again!!!

Ron
Old 07-14-2014, 08:41 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

congrats Ron, sounds like you got a good price.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vt65
congrats Ron, sounds like you got a good price.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Congratulations on the sale.

Going to be both Interesting & Revealing, if the "Fast Lane" folks are going to be as "Honest" as to the body work done on the car as you were??!...Mark
Old 07-14-2014, 09:48 PM
rgs455
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already on their website www.fastlanecars.com
Old 07-14-2014, 09:55 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rgs455
Already on their website www.fastlanecars.com
Should we try to guess what they are going to ask for it

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, $55,000

Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Originally Posted by hzz
Should we try to guess what they are going to ask for it
GREAT MINDS Think Alike. I was just going to post the same inquiry!!!...Need to know if at auction, the buyer also pays a premium?...Mark
Old 08-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Mike,
Sorry that you were unable to contact me at the number listed. That's my correct number and I've been receiving calls all along on my phone, so I'm uncertain as to what your problem may have been.

But, probably no matter at this point, as the car did sell this past Saturday during "prime time" at the auction. Brought me $50,000 and the added buyer's premium of 7% would have put the buyer's price well above the $50,000 figure. Had a lot of nice cars at the auction, most of which did sell. I took a few photos and will try and post a few at a later date. Sherm Smith's auctions are some of the best in the mid-west in my opinion. There's another one upcoming this October or November in Paducah, Kentucky as I'm recalling.

My car sold to the Fast Lane folks in St. Charles, Missouri (just outside of St. Louis), so I expect it to be available for sale in the near future, needless to say at a significantly higher price. I was hoping someone on the forum would be able to take advantage of the purchase, but it wasn't to be. Several folks were interested and were bidders at the auction. Somewhat mixed emotions to see it go . . . . . . .

Mods, you can close this thread anytime you so wish, as far as I'm concerned . . . . . . Thanks to everyone for your support and interest, I'm now down to two Corvettes, my Mosport '66 convertible automatic and my 2004 LeMans Commerative Edition convertible. I'm feeling blessed, thanks again!!!

Ron
GREAT MINDS Think Alike. I was just going to post the same inquiry!!!...Need to know if at auction, the buyer also pays a premium?...Mark
Just looked again at the FastLane website, and they now show the car in the listings, but still have not put a price on the car. I'd guess that based on other cars they're selling and have sold, it'll be somewhere in the mid $60,000 range. I'm still curious as well . . . . . they're still working on it I assume, cleaning it up and doing a little paint repair . . . .

My feeling is that someone on the forum missed a good buy, but you might suspect mine is not an unbiased opinion!! lol
Old 08-12-2014, 12:27 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Mike,

Ron

Quick Reply: FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, $55,000