Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, $55,000

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Default FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, Price Reduced to $50,000

Well, after much soul searching and reflection on the input from you guys on the forum, I've finally decided to sell my '65 coupe. I've owned the car for the past 38 years (January 1975 purchase), and the car was born in January, 1965. So, that's most of it's life. It's a 327/300 hp factory A/C car with the original engine, wide ratio 4-speed transmission, and 3:08 highway ratio Positraction differential. It even has all of the original glass, including the windshield, vent and side windows, and rear window. Other original items include door panels, dash pads, glove box door, headliner, visors, gas tank, dual snorkel air cleaner, and numerous other pieces.

Power steering was added by me after I purchased the car. I put new leather seats in when seats were re-done a couple of years back, although it originally came with vinyl.

I'm located in southeast Missouri near Interstate 55, just about mid-way between Memphis, TN and St. Louis, MO. Phone number is 573 293-6492 after 6:00 pm.

I've never been into judging, but I believe the car will judge as a Survivor . . . . Thanks for looking, and thanks for all the input from all of you guys while I've been contemplating the sale . . . . . . I believe it's time . . . . .

Here is a link to additional photos, including the ones shown in following posts . . . . .
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/rlmi...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by Ron Miller; 06-19-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Add Additional Photos
Old 04-16-2014, 01:13 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Someone's going to get a very nice 65 coupe here.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:26 PM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice Ron! GLWS
Old 04-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Keith Carlson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious about the finish and body and are they both original as well? Looks great in the few photos provided and good luck!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Keith Carlson
Curious about the finish and body and are they both original as well? Looks great in the few photos provided and good luck!
Keith, the rear wheel openings were cut out for wider tires when I bought the car. I had them corrected at the time I purchased the car back in January of 1975. Also, sometime in the later 70's a young fellow was entering the street from a side entrance across two lanes of traffic. I was in the inner lane and unfortunately hidden from his view by the vehicles in the outer lanes. Result was a cracked lower vent panel, cracked inner fender, and bent hubcap on the passenger's side. As a result, the lower panel and inner fender on the passenger's side just behind the front wheel were replaced with new GM pieces by a Corvette shop in Jackson, Mississippi. I believe the remainder of the body to be original and unhit, just as AO Smith manufactured.

The paint is Chromabase and Chromaclear as I'm recalling, and is 15 or so years old. The car has been garaged ever since it was painted, and the overall finish looks as good in person as you see in the pictures. That said, the upper half of the driver's fender does have some small bubbles which have appeared during the last couple of years. Most are about 1/8 to 3/16 inch diameter or less and aren't readily apparent from 3-4 feet distance, but they're there. I've included a couple of pictures to attempt to show these . . . . the first is a close-up showing the relative size, the second is a photo taken from a distance of about 3 feet. These are limited to the upper driver's side fender, none elsewhere.

I've also included below a few pictures from beneath the car to show the condition of the frame. It's just a good, solid frame with no rust pitting, etc., and is in great condition. Also, here's a link to several other photos of the car that might be of interest. I'll go back and include this link with my original posting as well.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/rlmi...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for the interest!

Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Keith Carlson
Racer

Ron,

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Ron,

Thanks for the reply!
Welcome! I see you're located in Mesa, Colorado. I've mentioned it before, but I bought the car from Tom Cunningham Corvette in Ft. Collins while attending graduate school there in 1975. I was through Ft. Collins a few years back and located the old dealership, but it's now long gone.

We spent a lot of weekends with the Corvette in Rocky Mountain National Park during our year in the state. Fond memories!

(Sorry, was there in 1975, not 1965!! )

Last edited by Ron Miller; 04-18-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Correct Date
Old 04-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Keith Carlson
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron Miller
Welcome! I see you're located in Mesa, Colorado. I've mentioned it before, but I bought the car from Tom Cunningham Corvette in Ft. Collins while attending graduate school there in 1965. I was through Ft. Collins a few years back and located the old dealership, but it's now long gone.

We spent a lot of weekends with the Corvette in Rocky Mountain National Park during our year in the state. Fond memories!
Ron,

I lived east of Ft. Collins (Timnath) most of the 1980's before heading to the Western Slope in late '90. Where was Tom Cunningham Corvette when you were there? And do mean 1975 instead of 1965 in your post? There were a couple of guys that owned "The Car Corral" (Walker Everson and Jim Sutherin) out on Hwy 14 a few miles before I-25 that used to sell a lot of Corvettes and other muscle cars when I lived there and did quite a bit of work for them. Pretty sure they started in the late 70's and always had many a nice vintage Vette in their store. They would buy cars from all over the West. "Ft. Fun" and the surrounding area was truly a fun place to live and enjoy! Small world!

Keith
Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Ron,

I lived east of Ft. Collins (Timnath) most of the 1980's before heading to the Western Slope in late '90. Where was Tom Cunningham Corvette when you were there? And do mean 1975 instead of 1965 in your post? There were a couple of guys that owned "The Car Corral" (Walker Everson and Jim Sutherin) out on Hwy 14 a few miles before I-25 that used to sell a lot of Corvettes and other muscle cars when I lived there and did quite a bit of work for them. Pretty sure they started in the late 70's and always had many a nice vintage Vette in their store. They would buy cars from all over the West. "Ft. Fun" and the surrounding area was truly a fun place to live and enjoy! Small world!

Keith
Yep, it was 1975, not 1965. Sorry, I had to go look up Tom's address. He owned a business named "Corvette Revival Company" located at 272 N. College in Ft. Collins, just next door to the Honda dealership as I'm recalling. I used to take my 350CL out to the offroad track west of town and stop back by Honda & Tom's on my way home. There was a salvage yard somewhere near Tom's place as I'm recalling with several mid-year cars parted out there, I picked up a couple of items there.

Long ago and far away . . . . . but with great memories!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

l'll be out of pocket over the weekend, but can be reached on my cell at 573 625-0232 should you wish.

Ron
Old 04-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Keith Carlson
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron Miller
Long ago and far away . . . . . but with great memories!!!
...and your '65 is a very nice ride!!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Jimmy L. Blakely
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tom Cunningham

Tom used to be a hs science teacher if memory serves me correctly. I bought a 63 swc from him and traded in my 66 big block conv plus $1400.00. He also delivered a 57 to me I purchased from a friend of his.

Corvette Revival Company was an old filling station at one time in a previous life, Tom had postcards made and my 63 swc is one of the cars on the front feature picture. I still have some of these postcards.

My records show phone number 03/24/1993 303 962 9503

Regards,

Jimmy Blakely
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Jimmy L. Blakely
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default salvage yard

salvage yard was Anderson's
Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jimmy L. Blakely
salvage yard was Anderson's
Now there's some news I didn't know, your previous post included!

Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 PM
murf257
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have thought about parting with my 65 convert as my kids unfortunately have no interest. Not enough joystick or touchscreen options!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Ferrolanoman
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron,
I live in Boulder county, not far from where you bought the car. I'm looking for a midyear coupe--originally fixed on a 63 SW or a 67--, but the color, s/b, A/C, and 4-speed does appeal. So a couple of questions:
-how long has the paint been misbehaving and has it stabilized or is it spreading?
-disc or drum brakes (I see the small master cylinder)?
-have the rear bearings been serviced during your ownership?
-could the car be trusted to make the trip to Colorado?
Ric
Old 04-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Default Reply

Ferrolanoman,

PM Sent . . . . . .

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, $55,000

Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 PM
ktchir
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for a nice looking ride
Old 06-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Default 65 A/C Coupe Still Available . . . . . Price Reduced

The car is still for sale, price has been reduced to $50,000. It will also be available at Sherman Smith's Classic Auto Auction at the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri on 11 and 12 July, 2014 (Friday and Saturday), if not sold prior to auction date.

Thanks for Looking!

Ron
Old 06-24-2014, 09:40 AM
zer0t
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

I was also born in January 65 so this car has peaked my interest. Wasn't looking hard for a c2 but to have a car with the same born on date would be interesting. I wonder what day?

Quick Reply: FS: 1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 4-speed w/ Factory A/C, $55,000