Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Sounds like you're learning a lot during your search, which is better than learning the hard way.

Fun, isn't it?
Old 07-31-2014, 03:30 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Hey Jeff
I was thinking about some ways to enhance your search… mine started about 3 years ago and ended about this time last year (I found a 67 Marina Blue Convertible) While your ad here is a good start, and you may have been contacted via PM by folks who are willing to help and feed you leads that aren’t posted online, there are some other things that may help you….
1) JOIN YOUR LOCAL CLUB
If you search for Corvette Clubs, you are Bound to find SOMETHING in your area.
Here is a list of Arizona Corvette Clubs

Don't be ashamed to Join a club without a car… even the NCRS. I joined the NCRS May 1st of 1995, and didn't get my first Corvette until June of 2013. Local clubs can help you find local cars. If you are chasing ebay/craigslist ads, you are going to be a day late and a dollar short 95% of the time. When you join a club, you present yourself as being serious, and the Corvette Brotherhood appreciates and supports serious Brotherhood Candidates. PLUS, you may get to see, sit in, and possibly DRIVE many different midyears, and that will help you define what you really want.

2) FORGET ALL YOUR PRE-CONCEIVED NOTIONS ABOUT Year/Color/Style/HP
My search took a long time, and my attitudes, and desires changed drastically between the first search I made of Hemmings to the time I transferred Car money outta my bank account to make the purchase. ALL Mid-years are wonderful, all colors are beautiful, all engines/HP ratings are fine for 50 year old cars. Stereotypes of the above exists... but folks also debate which is the best painting in the Louvre. It is far better to have a 63 Convertible with solid frame, birdcage, and well sorted out mechanics, than to have a "fil-in-the-blank" year with so many issues you won't know where to start.

3) BUILD YOUR LIBRARY
I'd say get Nolan Adam's book he Complete Corvette Restoration and Technical Guide, Vol. 2: 1963 Through 1967 (If you join the NCRS, you get a pretty good discount on the book $65? That book will give a pretty good overview of stock cars, how they were made, and what they looked like when they left the factory. There are other books as well...

4) START YOUR HUNT!
Don't leave any stone un-turned... If you find a car, have somebody who KNOWS what they are looking at go with you to check it out. If you find a car in another state, PAY somebody with knowledge to check the car out and provide a report for you BEFORE you get on a plane or make a long drive (or send money!). Usually, for a couple hundred bucks or so, you will get a multi page report about the car's strengths and weaknesses, and a pretty good opinion about the car's value. It will be the best money you spend on the car.
I even made up some shirts to wear, and you’d be surprised at how many folks stopped me to tell me about their cars or cars they knew of…

Lastly,
ALL of these cars will have issues of some sort. Some have less issues than others. but be prepared to have to do something unless you are writing a 6 figure check to a known/competent restorer for a "Complete" car. Your budget of mid 40s should get you a decent driver car, but you will have to weigh the pros and cons of each one you look to see if it will meet your needs. These cars are old, they wear out, and they can have good days and bad days....they are probably just like you!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Quil
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

I have a car that you might be interested in, but unfortunately it won't be ready for several months...I'm in the process of restoring and putting it back together now. '67 convertible, 4 speed, 327/300, numbers car. Original white on red with a stinger hood that is an original '67 hood. Side exhaust car as well. Not going to be an NCRS or show only car....will be a great driver car that could also be shown.

I'm updating my build thread as often as possible (link in my sig). Follow along and see if you might be interested if you haven't found anything else by the time I'm done. Could be an option.

Good luck with your search.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 42 Posts

Revfan,
Thanks for the great advice! And the leads! I have to admit that I have been hesitant to join the local Corvette club without a car but maybe I should rethink that. I am also trying not to feel the pressure to buy the first thing that is close to what I think I want now that I am in serious buy mode. Trying to look at the options and price. Like many, I tend to get caught up in wanting the high hp and all the bells and whistles but my budget keeps reminding me that that might not be possible.
Still looking!
- Jeff
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Quil
I have a car that you might be interested in, but unfortunately it won't be ready for several months...I'm in the process of restoring and putting it back together now. '67 convertible, 4 speed, 327/300, numbers car. Original white on red with a stinger hood that is an original '67 hood. Side exhaust car as well. Not going to be an NCRS or show only car....will be a great driver car that could also be shown.

I'm updating my build thread as often as possible (link in my sig). Follow along and see if you might be interested if you haven't found anything else by the time I'm done. Could be an option.

Good luck with your search.
Quil,
I checked out your car and it looks nice. White on red is my favorite combination. If I haven't found one by the time you are done, I might be interested. Please keep me posted on your progress.
- Jeff
Old 08-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1965 corvette convertible - $41500 (west bend wi.)

This 65 vette had a frame off restoration, new most everything, it has the correct engine, 327-350 hp everything works except the radio. great frame, call for more information. thanks Tom the buyer i had didn't have money. This is a new lower price.

1966 Corvette Convertible - $44900

1966 Corvette
Convertible
327/ 300hp #'s matching
4 speed
Power windows
Power breaks
Power steering
45K miles
Trophy blue paint
Blue interior
Side pipes

67 Corvette Conv - $49000 (Ashby)

1967 Corvette Conv. 327-350 hp 4spd. Numbers match. Have hardtop and orig rally wheels& centers. Purchased in 1988with 22k miles, 4th owner. Body off restoration 1991. Have original purchase & sale agreement and Protecto-plate warranty book. NCRS top flight back then. Nice driver 53K on car now. Overall paint is good, has small bubbles two areas top of fender and cowl, see typical pic. Price to sell $49,000. Cash no trades. Will reply to all emails please include phone number if you need further info. Selling because we don't drive it. too many vehicles.

And a Coupe for Good measure...
1966 CORVETTE COUPE - $40000

Looking for a caring buyer as I have cared for this car over 35 years! Downsizing and moving SOUTH.
ENGINE 350, 4 SPEED MANUAL, BLACK ON BLACK, NEW TIRES, EXHAUST, CARPET, SEAT COVERS AND MORE. MUST SEE

With all the normal assumptions that "if the frame and birdcage are ok", all of these look to be nice deals... especially if you can get them at less than the ASK price.

The Trophy Blue 66 is a beauty, and you'd be hard pressed to find a 67 Vert with matching numbers and docs, two tops, and a restore history like that for $40s money.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Rickenbach
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Revfan
1965 corvette convertible - $41500 (west bend wi.)

This 65 vette had a frame off restoration, new most everything, it has the correct engine, 327-350 hp everything works except the radio. great frame, call for more information. thanks Tom the buyer i had didn't have money. This is a new lower price.

1966 Corvette Convertible - $44900

1966 Corvette
Convertible
327/ 300hp #'s matching
4 speed
Power windows
Power breaks
Power steering
45K miles
Trophy blue paint
Blue interior
Side pipes

67 Corvette Conv - $49000 (Ashby)

1967 Corvette Conv. 327-350 hp 4spd. Numbers match. Have hardtop and orig rally wheels& centers. Purchased in 1988with 22k miles, 4th owner. Body off restoration 1991. Have original purchase & sale agreement and Protecto-plate warranty book. NCRS top flight back then. Nice driver 53K on car now. Overall paint is good, has small bubbles two areas top of fender and cowl, see typical pic. Price to sell $49,000. Cash no trades. Will reply to all emails please include phone number if you need further info. Selling because we don't drive it. too many vehicles.

And a Coupe for Good measure...
1966 CORVETTE COUPE - $40000

Looking for a caring buyer as I have cared for this car over 35 years! Downsizing and moving SOUTH.
ENGINE 350, 4 SPEED MANUAL, BLACK ON BLACK, NEW TIRES, EXHAUST, CARPET, SEAT COVERS AND MORE. MUST SEE

With all the normal assumptions that "if the frame and birdcage are ok", all of these look to be nice deals... especially if you can get them at less than the ASK price.

The Trophy Blue 66 is a beauty, and you'd be hard pressed to find a 67 Vert with matching numbers and docs, two tops, and a restore history like that for $40s money.
That is a great list. How did you do a nationwide search on Craigslist?
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

I have a couple different searches, but basically I use Search Tempest

You have to go in and change the preferences (to omit Amazon, eBay, and other returns if you just want to get for sale by owner cars)

1965-1967 Corvettes on National Craigslist

1963-1964 Corvettes on C-list

1958-1962 Corvettes on Craigslist

I use the Combined results option, though the direct results is more thorough... it takes longer and more tedious to work through.

Also, you can adjust the "days" of how far back it looks. When you are just begining, leave it blank (or delete the number of days in the window, and it will give you listings as old as a few months. The downside is Craigslist washes out the listing after about 30 days so most hits older than 30 days will come back as "not found" (you will see what I mean when you try it out).

Usually, a 3 or 4 days search gets a good look at the cars... as sometimes there is a delay of a couple of days to search.

Have fun with it, and good luck!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Revfan,
Thanks for the leads. Unfortunately, I'm out of the country right now and can't call or even pull up the Craigslist listings (I'm getting a "Nothing There" message on all three - not sure if they haven't expired). They all sound interesting and I'll follow up when I'm back next week if I can find the contact info on those that weren't part of your posting. Keep 'em coming, you're the master Corvette hunter!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

you're the master Corvette hunter!
no... I am just a dude with an internet connection. There are some guys on here that are freakin' blood hounds and find em in person. jasonamara is one of em'
Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

A steal if it checks out to have good bones....
1967 CORVETTE - $48500 (Manassas, VA)

white convertible top, 327/300hp (L75), 4 spd, 336:1 positraction rear, auxiliary hardtop, lynndale blue/black interior, delivered 3-31-67. Fully documented, from original sales order dated 1-10-67, tank sticker, p-o-p etc, No accident, no hit car, however, paint is showing its age. Unique and rare opportunity as it is getting harder to find a straight, numbers matching, unrestored and unmolested '67 vette. One owner - you can be the second owner!

Car can be seen and purchased this Saturday, 8-9-14 at the Old Dominion Corvette Club, 25th Anniversary, All Corvette Cruise-In. Sudley Town Plaza, 7787 Sudley Road, Manassas, VA 20109 From 2:00-7:00pm
Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 AM
4Sunset
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1964 White Conv

I'm assisting a neighbor who's husband recently passed. Will be selling for best offer over $35K. Been in storage for over ten yrs. All original, 327 300hp, 4 speed. In Dallas, Tx area. keith (972-292-2557). Tried to attach pics., but don't think it worked. Will send direct if you want. Will try one pic again, hope it works.
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Rickenbach
Instructor

A steal if it checks out to have good bones....
1967 CORVETTE - $48500 (Manassas, VA)
This is exactly what I have been looking for. Lynndale Blue roadster. The guy wont answer my emails. Has anybody had contact?
Old 08-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

If this is the real deal... and you can stretch your budget... here is your car.

1965 Red Corvette Roadster - $55000

This Corvette Roadster has the original 396 big block and 4 speed mince transmission with only 42,000 miles on it. Also comes with both soft top and hard top. Any questions please e-mail us.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Geralds57
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 596 Likes on 361 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

I've been looking for another car also, but these lower than average priced cars always make me suspicious. The Red 65 body off loses his buyer so he lowers the price? The Red 65 BB says a rebuilt title. Some have paint issues though. I'm curious why some cars haven't sold at those prices. Scams? Wrong motor? Is it the ecocomy? We know the White 63 is legit since a forum member looked at it on another posting.

Last edited by Geralds57; 08-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:50 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rickenbach
This is exactly what I have been looking for. Lynndale Blue roadster. The guy wont answer my emails. Has anybody had contact?
Did you ever get in touch with him?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

If this is the real deal... and you can stretch your budget... here is your car.

1965 Red Corvette Roadster - $55000

This Corvette Roadster has the original 396 big block and 4 speed mince transmission with only 42,000 miles on it. Also comes with both soft top and hard top. Any questions please e-mail us.
Thanks, Revfan, but it says it has an automatic and I'm looking for a 4-sp.
- Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Old 08-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Rickenbach
Instructor

Originally Posted by JLSmith
Did you ever get in touch with him?
Yes. I need somebody to do a PPI.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1966 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible 327/300 Numbers Matching - $43500 (plymouth)

I have up for sale a 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible in Nassau Blue. The car also comes with a hard top as well. It has a perfect white convertible top and perfect blue interior. This is a numbers matching car. It does have the 327 / 300 with the 4 speed manual. It has 45,439 original miles. The car has been repainted about 15 years ago but I would rate the paint as a 9 out of 10. It does have a Teakwood steering wheel. It also has the knockoff wheels as well and the tires probably have about 1500 miles on them. The car also has new brakes, new clutch and flywheel. The motor was rebuilt shortly after it was repainted. The car drives flawlessly. It is just an exceptionally nice all around great driving car. It is as close as you can get to a car being a show car but a great driver. Also, this car is originally a no a/c car and no power windows car. This car would be a perfect weekend cruiser car or a car to add to somebody's collection. I know the pictures I have up are not the greatest but I wanted to get the car listed. I can take better pictures with my camera but at the time I used my phone to take the pictures. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me or we can talk on the phone. If you are out of state, I The car will sell quickly as it is priced low to sell. The buyer has to pay for the car either by cash or wire transfer and if it is a check then we must wait for the check to clear before I release the vehicle and title. If you do pay by check you will not be able to pick up the car until the check clears and I will also accept cash as well but wire transfer is preferred. I do have the clear title in hand so once it is paid for and if you do not pick the car up personally, I will FedEx overnight the title to you. I am asking $43,500 or best offer. This will sell this week.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:24 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

This guy has two 67 for sale...
1967 Corvette convertible w/ Factory A/C - Matching #s - $58000 (Boca Raton)

Selling my 1967 Corvette convertible with rare FACTORY Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Hard Top, and repo bolt-on wheels. This is a 327ci / 300hp, 4-speed car, and drives great, and looks incredible with the Marina Blue paint and Bright Blue vinyl interior. The A/C blows cold, and is a pleasure to drive with the top up or down.

The colors are Marina Blue exterior and Bright Blue vinyl seats. The paint and interior are in excellent shape, as well as the chrome, emblems, weatherstripping, etc. The previous owner owned this car 26 years, and I am the 3rd owner.

The drive train is 100% original to the car, and matching #s, including the engine block, transmission, rear end and more. Please see the photos.

The headlight buckets go up and down fast, and all of the gauges work perfect, including the clock. Recently replaced front disk calipers, master cylinder, power brake booster, as well as the A/C compressor, drier and heater control valve.

The door panels and weatherstripping are newer, and the dash pads are in perfect shape. The seat covers look great also. The soft top is white, but I have ordered a new Al Knock black soft top this week, which will be included with the car.

My price is $58,000 FIRM for this car, so please do not waste your time with low ball offers, as I will NOT respond to them. If you are seriously in the market to buy a car of this quality, and have the money to buy it, feel free to contact me to have a look. Do not waste my time if you need to ask your wife permission to buy this car or do not have the cash or financing in place. I am not looking for any trades either.

I am only looking to sell one of my 1967 Corvettes, as I do not have the room for both of them. The other 1967 convertible that I own, is a Vintage A/C car with repo bolt-ons, side pipes and an NOS Big Block hood, in Lynndale Blue with blue vinyl interior, and is priced at $51,000. You can see that car at : http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4615464529.html

Serious buyers may contact me by email with your CONTACT information, including NAME, PHONE # and EMAIL address at - rjdac88 ( at ) yahoo.com or phone at 561 - four 1 four - 0 two 89
AND
1967 Corvette convertible w A/C - Matching #s - $51000 (Delray Beach)

Selling my 1967 Corvette convertible w Vintage Air Conditioning, side exhaust, and repo bolt-on wheels. This is a 327ci / 300hp, 4-speed car, and drives incredible, and looks great. The A/C blows very cold, and is a pleasure to drive with the top up or down.

The colors are Lynndale Blue exterior and Blue leather seats. The paint and interior are in excellent shape, as well as the chrome, emblems, weatherstripping, etc. The previous owner added an original NOS Big Block 427 hood, which I think looks great on this car, so I never changed it. The black stinger on the hood really accents the Lynndale Blue paint.

The drive train is 100% original to the car, and matching #s, including the engine block, transmission, rear end and more. Please see the photos.

The headlight buckets go up and down smoothly, and all of the gauges work perfect, except for the clock. The side pipes sound great on this car as you roar down the road.

My price is $51,000 for this car, so please do not waste your time with low ball offers, as I will NOT respond to them. If you are seriously in the market to buy a car of this quality, and have the money to buy it, feel free to contact me to have a look. Do not waste my time if you need to ask your wife permission to buy this car or do not have the cash or financing in place. I am not looking for any trades either.

I am only looking to sell one of my 1967 Corvettes, as I do not have the room for both of them. The other 1967 convertible that I own, is a factory A/C car with P/S, P/B, hard top, and repo bolt-ons in Marina Blue with blue vinyl interior. I will NOT sell that car for less than $58,000, so please do not waste our time with low ball offers on that car either.

Quick Reply: New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible