Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:17 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks, Revfan! I'm still looking. The first car is out of my price range and, while the second is within reach, the BB hood puts me off. I'm going to Carlisle in a few weeks and hope to find something there. Is anyone who has been following this thread going to be there?
- Jeff
Old 08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rickenbach
Yes. I need somebody to do a PPI.
Did you make the deal?
Old 08-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Rickenbach
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSmith
Did you make the deal?
Nope. I was too slow. Sold before I could get somebody to look at it.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:38 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

1965 Corvette stingray roadster 327,300 horse - $40

1965 Corvette stingray convertible all original numbers matching four-speed car please understand this is not a show car but it's a beautiful driver exterior is white interior is NASA blue please call for more info 408,606,1269 asking price $40,000 or best offer I'm ready to sell it I have a clear California title I forgot to mention it's an original California car thank you
Old 08-15-2014, 04:43 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - $41000 (Apex)

Up for sale is a nice 1966 Corvette convertible. Milano Maroon exterior with black vinyl interior and black soft top. Only a few hundred miles on the frame-on restoration. 327/300 HP engine. The motor has been rebuilt, but is not the original engine. 4-Speed transmission. Power Steering. Factory hubcaps with new Firestone Gold Line reproduction tires. New seat covers, door panels, carpet, and top. Rebuilt rear with new trailing arms. New brakes and lines. All of the gauges, clock, and the factory AM/FM radio work. Great running and driving Corvette.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:35 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Revfan,
You're up late! (or is that early?) The white/blue car has my interest and, apparently, is in my backyard. I tried calling but got no answer. With any luck, I hope to see it this weekend.
- Jeff
Old 08-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Keep us posted!
I am 6 hours ahead of EST.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:35 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I called on the white/blue car. It's in Las Vegas, not Phoenix so I can't get over to see it in person. The guy has several cars that he is selling - basicaly downsizing his collection. 2nd owner. The original color is Nassau Blue (now white from older repaint) with a blue interior. The block is claimed to be original but the intake, carb, and exhaust have been replaced (now has headers). No distributor shielding and an incorrect air cleaner. Also has a luggage rack on the back. It does have PW and PS. So, price seems decent for what it is (maybe high?). Repainting to match the trim tag makes it a blue on blue car which is not my first choice and adds to the cost. I'll think about it but am still planning to see what is available at Carlisle before making any decisions.
- Jeff
Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Paint, if you need it redone, is in the 8-10K ballpark if you want a decent one. Blue is a pretty color, but repainting a color you don't care much for is not a good way to spend money.

Carlisle should at least let you see some good cars... whether or not they will be for sale when you get your eyes on em is a different matter (I didn't have luck the time I went).

Don't get discouraged, your car is out there somewhere!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:56 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I am still looking for the right car. I just returned from Corvettes at Carlisle but really didn't see much that caught my attention from either a condition or budget standpoint. I want to send a shout-out to the guys at the 63-67 Registry and, in particular, Mid Year Man, Tom McCabe, and No Where Man for their unselfish help in checking out the cars and giving me a C2 eduction. Thank you, gentlemen!
- Jeff

Correction - My shout-out should have been to "midyear" (aka Dennis) who was most generous with his time in giving me a lesson on what to look for in a C2. My appologies for getting the user names mixed up.
- Jeff

Last edited by JLSmith; 08-26-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

TTT - Still looking (you'd be surprised at how many listers don't return calls or e-mails). I have refined my wish list somewhat - original drivetrain, preferably 350 hp (I like the bling), 4-sp, side pipes (but willing to add them later). A/C a plus. Most exterior colors except black and dark blue. Non black interior preferred. Basically a finished car that is ready to be driven on nice weekends. Budget up to mid $50s for the right car. Please let me know of any leads.
- Jeff
Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1965 CORVETTE STINGRAY CONVERTIBLE - $55000 (SACRAMENTO)
1965 CORVETTE STINGRAY CONVERTIBLE, THE ULTIMATE CLASSIC. SHOWROOM READY. COMPLETE BODY OFF RESTORATION. PERFECT RUNNING CONDITION, INTERIOR, TOP AND BODY 327 V8 WITH 4 BARREL CARB, 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION.
BLACK ON BLACK. SHOWROOM READY
THESE PICTRUES DON'T DO THIS CAR JUSTICE. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!
SERIOUS INQUERIES ONLY PLEASE. CASH FOR KEYS

Old 09-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Ok...
Hear me out on this one.
1966 Corvette Convertible 327/300 4 spd - $33900 (St Paul)
The ad says its a matching numbers 66 327/300 4 Speed Convertible.

1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible (with both tops). Original numbers matching 327/300 HP with 4 SPD. Correct from the Holley carb to the rear end. I am the 3d owner and have had it for the last 30 years. I have the owner history and receipts from 1975 to the present which includes rebuild engine (w/harden valve seats and teflon seals), clutch, pressure plate, Pertonix ignition, rebuilt brakes (stainless steel calipers) and most recently fuel pump, radiator, heater core and rebuilt frame corner. For whatever reason the 1st owner (for 9 years) decided to repaint it an early '70's Warbonnet Yellow. The original color is nice Trophy Blue (see pic)

I haven't driven the Vette much in the last 10 years and I believe there is a C7 in my future. It was used and not abused. It's time for someone else to drive it, refresh it or restore it. Did I mention it is numbers matching!
Now, you'd need to repaint it (unless you like a C2 in War Bonnet Yellow), but the engine bay looks ok for what it is, and the interior doesn't look half bad.

If you could get a quick inspection and it checks out alright, this would be a steal! You could get it painted the original color (which is the Beautiful Trophy Blue), and freshen it up some and it would be an all matching stunner under your budget... even with a $10K paint job.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:31 AM
bimpsi69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 67 vert

Originally Posted by Revfan
Did this car sell? If not, where located.
Thx
Jim
Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
bimpsi69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bimpsi69
Thx
Jim
Never mind...found it in Maine.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:06 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bimpsi69
Thx
Jim
Jim,
It is still listed on Corvette North's website up in Maine.
- Jeff
Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

If you could get a quick inspection and it checks out alright, this would be a steal! You could get it painted the original color (which is the Beautiful Trophy Blue), and freshen it up some and it would be an all matching stunner under your budget... even with a $10K paint job.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Revfan! That is certainly an interesting color choice for a C2. - Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Frenchman52
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSmith
I got an interesting reply from the owner of the maroon car to my request for more photos. He said he wasn't interested in taking more photos and I should come see it for myself. Since I live in AZ and the car is in ME, I don't see that happening without some compelling reason to make the trip. I guess I'm still looking for the right car!
- Jeff
where in Maine.... I have a house there and travel there frequently
Old 09-10-2014, 12:22 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frenchman52
where in Maine.... I have a house there and travel there frequently
Their website says it is in Waterville, Maine.
- Jeff
Old 09-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

That is certainly an interesting color choice for a C2
Funny, but when I first started looking for a Vette, I was like, "anything but blue". I don't like blue.

But in the 16ish months of my search, it started to really grow on me, and the car that came available to me in my price range happened to be a Marina Blue 67.

So, by the time I ended up sending the money off for the car, I REALLY liked Marina Blue!

There was a Trophy Blue 66 Big Block with a REALLY COOL story on here last year, that really got me interested in that color...

Basically, the guy has a 66, and somebody posts a link to his Original Motor for sale on Craigslist... in the same week, he finds his original Transmission (a different owner/location) in another Craigslist ad... how awesome is that!

Last edited by Revfan; 09-10-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Quick Reply: New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible