Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 AM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 42 Posts
Default New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Hello to the Forum. I am a new member and am looking to finally buy a classic Corvette after admiring them for 40+ years. I am looking for a nice driver quality '65 - '67 convertible with a small block and 4-speed. This is for me to drive to the local cruises and have fun. I'm open as to color but tend to like contrasting color combinations (white w/ red interior). I live in the desert so A/C would be a plus (original or after market). I'd also prefer to have the original drive train but would consider tasteful replacements that keep the original look. My budget is up to the mid 40's. Anybody know of a good candidate or lead?

I saw a silver and black '65 w air listed on Beverly Hills Car Club's site for $35K. Has anyone checked that car out and have an opinion they'd like to share? Also, has anyone dealt with them as a business?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
- Jeff
Old 07-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

Staged pictures makes it look good and a little crusty under car but I dont see you finding a midyear vert much cheaper. Needs to be checked for frame and birdcage but price is goooood from pics.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSmith
Hello to the Forum. I am a new member and am looking to finally buy a classic Corvette after admiring them for 40+ years. I am looking for a nice driver quality '65 - '67 convertible with a small block and 4-speed. This is for me to drive to the local cruises and have fun. I'm open as to color but tend to like contrasting color combinations (white w/ red interior). I live in the desert so A/C would be a plus (original or after market). I'd also prefer to have the original drive train but would consider tasteful replacements that keep the original look. My budget is up to the mid 40's. Anybody know of a good candidate or lead?

I saw a silver and black '65 w air listed on Beverly Hills Car Club's site for $35K. Has anyone checked that car out and have an opinion they'd like to share? Also, has anyone dealt with them as a business?

- Jeff
Welcome. Your background is very similar to mine. Finally found and bought mine 4 months ago after daydreaming about it for years and actively looking for almost a year. I recommend patience, as the selections are few, and many are rejectable cars once studied up close. Besides, it's good to enjoy the hunt.

Beverly Hills Car Club is typically noted for marketing distressed cars. That one looks better than most on their site, but look at their other cars and consider what their target marketing is selling - very needy cars.

Last edited by Easy Rhino; 08-25-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you for your replies. Is there someone in the LA area knowledgable about Corvettes that I could hire to do an appraisal? I live in Phoenix so could get over there to look at it but it is a bit of a trip and I don't have the prerequisite knowledge to know exactly what to look for. I expect at the price point they are asking that the car isn't pristine but I'd like to know what I'd be getting in to.
- Jeff
Old 07-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Thank you for your replies. Is there someone in the LA area knowledgable about Corvettes that I could hire to do an appraisal? I live in Phoenix so could get over there to look at it but it is a bit of a trip and I don't have the prerequisite knowledge to know exactly what to look for. I expect at the price point they are asking that the car isn't pristine but I'd like to know what I'd be getting in to.
- Jeff
I recommend that you post a "looking for Corvette inspector in LA area" in the C1 and C2 General Discussion forum, as most over there are not looking in the cars for sale/wanted forum as often. Lots of LA guys on the forum. Let us know what you find.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Boyan
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 292 Posts

Default Inspection

Jeff, call me regarding an inspection.
818 517-5016
Bbrkic@msn.com
Boyan
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
jbar1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can second BHCC's reputation for selling distressed cars at inflated prices. I also own a Porsche 912E and belong to a forum that frequently talks about the Porsche cars that they try and sell. In my opinion, I would stay away from them unless you had a very reliable Corvette person inspect the car before laying any money down.

There is this '67 on Craiglist, but it is located in CT.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/4527864559.html
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 PM
JohnGibson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '66 I just listed on the forum. It is very nice, but is a bit above your price range.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1s-...atching-s.html
Old 07-18-2014, 06:50 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, John, I saw your posting and the car looks nice but it is too far outside my reach to consider.
- Jeff
Old 07-18-2014, 11:50 PM
DONR
Pro

Received 139 Likes on 74 Posts

Jeff,

I have been thinking about selling my 66 conv. It is a great driver. I bought it from Art's over by the Corvette Musem in Bowling Green back in 2003. 327 350HP. Both tops. Al Knoch Soft top 2years old. I did put a mono spring and adjustable struts in the rear. Replaced the rear wheel bearings and trailing arm bushings, U-joints on drive shaft and half shafts. Headlight motors are new and bushing replaced. No rust on the frame. I was planning on replacing the Body mounts, but have not. I have all the bushings. I just put a new set on Coker Gold Line Tires and Corvette Direct bolt-on Knockoffs on it. The car went through a body on restoration back in 1998. The car was originally silver. The paint now is a basecoat clearcoat. I have had some touch up paint done on it. The overall paint is in very good condition. I really like the white interior because it can sit out in the sun all day and I can jump in it and drive it. No Air. I keep the top dowm 99% of the time.
$50,000 is what I will be asking for it. I am selling the 66 and my 95 ZR-1 that has 7,000 miles on it to buy a C6ZR1 hopefully one I have found in Phoenix. If interested let me know. Just wanting to downsize to 1 vette.

Don

Old 07-19-2014, 02:14 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow, I love the color combination! I sent you a PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,030 Likes on 670 Posts

Welcome Jeff and good luck in the search.
Mike T

Last edited by Vet65te; 07-24-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Here is one... it's ask is a bit higher than your OP, but usually the more you buy now, the less you pay for later.

Anywhoooooo
1967 Corvette Sports Car - $53500 (Oklahoma City)

327 engine
350 horsepower
Red interior
4 speed transmission
Very nice car
Both tops included
Excellent condition
No affiliation...
Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you, Revfan. I sent the poster an e-mail for more information.
- Jeff
Old 07-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Best of luck... White on Red is one of my fav combos... This has both tops and Sidepipes... smokin!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Rickenbach
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

- Jeff
Im pretty sure this is the same car. Could give you some bargaining power. http://www.cars-on-line.com/73184.html
Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Boyan and I checked out the silver car at Beverly Hills Car Club this weekend. As some of you suggested, it was a bit too rough for what I am looking for (thanks, Boyan, for the "lesson" on C2s).

I am still looking for the right car. '65 to '67 convertible, 350 hp prefered, 4-sp, good quality driver, as original as possible in terms of engine and colors matching the tags, up to $50K (maybe a little more for the perfect car). Please keep those leads coming.
- Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible

Old 07-29-2014, 06:19 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

1967 CONV-350HP-MARLBORO MAROON

1967 CORVETTE - CONVERTIBLE - 327-350HP - # MATCHING - 4 SPEED - POWER STEERING-POWER BRAKES-TELESCOPIC STEERING WHEEL-RALLY WHEELS-ORIGIONAL AM/FM - IGNITION SHIELDING- CORRECT SHIFTER-MARLBORO MAROON/BLACK INTERIOR/WHITE TOP - SPECIAL $49000 !!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:48 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Revfan,
Thanks for the lead. I sent them a request for more information. Unfortunately, no one responded to my inquiry about the white on red car in OKC and now the ad has been removed. I guess I wasn't the only one who likes that color combo.
- Jeff
Old 07-30-2014, 06:58 PM
JLSmith
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Revfan,
Thanks for the lead. I sent them a request for more information. Unfortunately, no one responded to my inquiry about the white on red car in OKC and now the ad has been removed. I guess I wasn't the only one who likes that color combo.
- Jeff
I got an interesting reply from the owner of the maroon car to my request for more photos. He said he wasn't interested in taking more photos and I should come see it for myself. Since I live in AZ and the car is in ME, I don't see that happening without some compelling reason to make the trip. I guess I'm still looking for the right car!
- Jeff

Quick Reply: New Member - WTB 65-67 Convertible