Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

67 Blue/Blue Roadster @ Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Silverwhip 2005
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 Blue/Blue Roadster @ Carlisle

Did any forum members take a look at the blue on blue 67 roadster that Mershons had on display. If any forum members did inspect or peruse this car at the meet, I would highly appreciate their honest input or comments. Good or bad. I am looking at this car seriously and any help would be invaluable. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,928 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

it didnt hold out water to well. looked at it on sat after the heavy rain and there was about 3-4 inchs on water in the footwells after that it looked to be more of a clean driver, did not really inspect it to well
Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
it didnt hold out water to well. looked at it on sat after the heavy rain and there was about 3-4 inchs on water in the footwells after that it looked to be more of a clean driver, did not really inspect it to well
Can't remember if it was that one or the yellow one that had a 1 piece front end, good front end pics will tell the tale.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Silverwhip 2005
Advanced

With helpful hints from members like you, I guess I will ask the wives of the guys that attended.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,928 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I did not go up to look at cars I don't attend to buy. Unless I knew ahead of time I had to look at it
Old 08-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Silverwhip 2005
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
I did not go up to look at cars I don't attend to buy. Unless I knew ahead of time I had to look at it
I did not intend to seriously look at this car because the guys at Mershon fully expected the car to sell at Carlisle. I should have anticipated that they might not sell it. I will probably have one of my appraisal buddies look at it prior to purchasing it. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM
denneys69
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverwhip 2005
Did any forum members take a look at the blue on blue 67 roadster that Mershons had on display. If any forum members did inspect or peruse this car at the meet, I would highly appreciate their honest input or comments. Good or bad. I am looking at this car seriously and any help would be invaluable. Thanks.
Joe Conte contes.com has a nice looking blue roadster. Joe is a straight shooter who you can trust. One of the good guys selling classic Corvettes.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 PM
denneys69
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Corvetteauto.com has 2 marina blue and one lyndale blue. Know nothing about these guys.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

The one thing I can tell you about the car, they were asking 10-15 more than a individual would have asked on that one and the red and yellow ones next to it
I did not intend to seriously look at this car because the guys at Mershon fully expected the car to sell at Carlisle. I should have anticipated that they might not sell it. I will probably have one of my appraisal buddies look at it prior to purchasing it. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Silverwhip 2005
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
The one thing I can tell you about the car, they were asking 10-15 more than a individual would have asked on that one and the red and yellow ones next to it

I can tell you that the reason that they are asking this price for the car is that it has been NCRS judged and missed top flight rating by a few points. The salesperson says they have the paperwork and the comments from NCRS. They are sending me a copy of the paperwork on Tuesday.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Ncrs

Two things 2 check. 1.How long ago was it judged. 2. Are all the parts etc. the same as when the car was judged. Seems like sometimes a car is dressed up with lots of nos parts for judging, then the parts(like real KO's etc) are moved on to the next car. NOT saying this is the case here, but I would be careful. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:29 AM
Silverwhip 2005
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
Two things 2 check. 1.How long ago was it judged. 2. Are all the parts etc. the same as when the car was judged. Seems like sometimes a car is dressed up with lots of nos parts for judging, then the parts(like real KO's etc) are moved on to the next car. NOT saying this is the case here, but I would be careful. Good luck.
I looked at some of the paperwork for the judging earlier and it looks like it was judged in 2010. There were two comments that stand out and one was the windshield and the other was the non original appearing windshield trim pieces. But, everything else appears to be as it was judged.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 AM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
I agree on that.You must do your homework first before you buy
Old 08-31-2014, 08:44 AM
E74BS
Racer

Originally Posted by BOB WINSKI
I agree on that.You must do your homework first before you buy
Obviously anyone who looked at it to buy passed on the car.

Sounds like you looked at it fairly close if you were able to compare the judging papers to the car.

Spend the dough and have it inspected if you are serious and do not have confidence in what you see.

From the comments that have been posted it sounds like the car is over priced.

Good luck
Old 08-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Silverwhip 2005
Advanced

Originally Posted by E74BS
Obviously anyone who looked at it to buy passed on the car.

Sounds like you looked at it fairly close if you were able to compare the judging papers to the car.

Spend the dough and have it inspected if you are serious and do not have confidence in what you see.

From the comments that have been posted it sounds like the car is over priced.

Good luck
I definitely will have it inspected next week because this kind of money is nothing to sneeze at. I am still getting a steady stream of info on this car and two other cars that I am looking at. Thanks for the comments.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Blue/Blue Roadster @ Carlisle

Quick Reply: 67 Blue/Blue Roadster @ Carlisle