Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

'62 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 05:35 PM
RottiePaw
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '62 For Sale

Listed this car for sale briefly last year before putting it away for the winter and as I’ve driven it even less this year than last (maybe half a dozen times?) figured I’d see if there was any interest out there for a great driver or if you’re so inclined an excellent restoration candidate for NCRS Top-Flite or Bloomington Gold.

Originally a 327/340 4 speed it currently has a non-matching 327 but does come with the original #’s matching high horsepower block. Car runs and drives great…the engine idles smoothly, has a great exhaust note and throttle response and handles and brakes just as it should.
Paint appears to be original and the fiberglass seams are all visible with no signs that the car was ever hit. As would be expected for a driver of this vintage with original paint it does have a lot of chips and crackles in the finish but the fiberglass underneath is in good condition and there’s no cracks or tears in the body with the exception of one small tear in the glass inside the trunk. Interior is in very good condition with no rips or tears and the chrome is in very good driver condition but not show quality. Odometer shows 82,xxx but I do not know if it’s accurate or not.
Frame has surfaced rust but is very solid. Was inspected last year by a 3rd party appraiser who verified the originality of the matching #’s motor and confirmed the overall condition as described to an interested party.
Unlike last time it was on the market the car comes with a soft top with new Al Knoch top but still does not have a hard top. Asking $38,000. Serious Inquiries only and not interested in trades or lowball offers.
Feel free to e-mail me with any questions at aeckel@rubbair.com

Car is located in Shirley, MA 1 hr NW of Boston.

Thanks, Alex
Attached Images       

Last edited by RottiePaw; 09-18-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add Location
Old 08-28-2014, 06:11 PM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Email sent.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 08-30-2014, 11:48 PM
MMJ
Instructor

Alex,

Could you email me your phone number at jtrue@semo.net ? I've tried to email you, but am getting an error message. Thanks

Mark
Old 09-18-2014, 11:33 AM
RottiePaw
Cruising

bump for price drop to $38K
Old 09-21-2014, 07:03 PM
kkperformance
Advanced

Default 62 vette

Neat car, my dad had a maroon 340 hp 4 speed 62 when I was born. I actually used to live in Shirley while stationed at ft devans. Good luck wish I could afford that c1. God Bless.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:10 PM
RottiePaw
Cruising

Thanks KKperformance, hope your time in these parts brings back some good memories...I'm sure your Dad's '62 does

Get notified of new replies

To '62 For Sale

Quick Reply: '62 For Sale