Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Lyndale blue coule at Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:14 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lyndale blue coule at Carlisle

I saw a 67 Lyndale blue coupe on a trailer. Said barn find, and also said auction(silent) to highest bid at the show. Does anyone have any info. on what happened to the car? It was a SB car, and looked mostly original. I had to leave early for personal reasons. Only spent a few hours at the show on Fri. AM It was in the first row of vendors , not in the corral. Thanks

Last edited by oldgold49er; 08-30-2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: added info.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,928 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

It was a fair cry away from being all orginal. It was restored in the 70s using all kinds of ill fitting parts. It had body work done to it. It was up to 50K by sat. And I think that was strong for that car The one thing I did like about it was the color combo.

Ps did you happen to see your old car before you left.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Keith,
I believe they also had all the original docs for the car also.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:01 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default Had to go home early

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
It was a fair cry away from being all orginal. It was restored in the 70s using all kinds of ill fitting parts. It had body work done to it. It was up to 50K by sat. And I think that was strong for that car The one thing I did like about it was the color combo.

Ps did you happen to see your old car before you left.
Hey Keith, No Did not see the ol'67. arrived Thurs. Pm. We stay at the Western RV campground. Got to the show early Fri. Got about as far as the 67(above) and got a call from home. My Dad passed away sometime Thurs. PM. Had to go home. He was 89. He apparently had a brain aneurism and was dead before he hit the floor. He had a wonderful long life and died suddenly. Hope to go the same way. He served during WWII, Retired with 40 years as a Sargent Major, got to see the mushroom cloud in the pacific(have photos), was a stock car driver(Hudsons) in the 50's. Was a gunsmith, Had a license to manufacture ammo, built bench rifles(including reaming (chambering) and head spacing barrels. He built guns that won awards throughout the North East. But best of all, he was a Wonderful Dad. We will miss him.
Hope to see you next year. If you ever decide to sell the 67, I would like first shot. He helped me work on that car.
The folks at the campground gave us credit towards next year. Great place.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:31 PM
dudman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Sorry about your dad

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
Hey Keith, No Did not see the ol'67. arrived Thurs. Pm. We stay at the Western RV campground. Got to the show early Fri. Got about as far as the 67(above) and got a call from home. My Dad passed away sometime Thurs. PM. Had to go home. He was 89. He apparently had a brain aneurism and was dead before he hit the floor. He had a wonderful long life and died suddenly. Hope to go the same way. He served during WWII, Retired with 40 years as a Sargent Major, got to see the mushroom cloud in the pacific(have photos), was a stock car driver(Hudsons) in the 50's. Was a gunsmith, Had a license to manufacture ammo, built bench rifles(including reaming (chambering) and head spacing barrels. He built guns that won awards throughout the North East. But best of all, he was a Wonderful Dad. We will miss him.
Hope to see you next year. If you ever decide to sell the 67, I would like first shot. He helped me work on that car.
Sorry about your dad. Never easy but as you say...I hope to go the same way too. God bless.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Joe Inama
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 159 Posts

Sorry about your father. Sad day. At 89 I'm sure he was very blessed. Best to you and your family.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Dylanscorvettes
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me. 814-285-1779 or text me. Or pm me I bought the car....and as far as body work that car has one heck of a body on it! Still has the original paint in the jambs and around hood rail, also has the "speed bump" in the rail. All the bonding strips are nice I feel the car has a no hit body I've had a good chance to inspect it now. Still has the original jack and tool. Car was semi restored in the 80s and early 90s then parked. I got a whole bunch of receipts from all previous owners. Owner had/has a funeral home and didn't get it out till 2012. Just a month ago he spent around $3500 tuning it up. All 4 new brake calipers, rotors, lines, tuned engine, rebuilt carb and a lot more. So this car is very road worthy I've put around 450 miles on it and love every min of it. Super rare color combo I hardly have ever seen lynndale blue with white interior cars forsale and usually they are not real deal! This car has it's original real deal trim n is the real color combo! This is a great car! I have yet to find anything I don't like about it.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:16 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default rare color combo.

Yes, I liked the color also. Do not think I have seen another like it. I was going to take another(closer) look later, but left early. PM sent.

Last edited by oldgold49er; 09-01-2014 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added info
Old 09-04-2014, 05:43 PM
midyear
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Its now on eBay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Corvette-RARE-COLOR-COMBO-s-Match-300hp-1967-Corvette-Coupe-RARECOLORLYNNDALEBLUE-WHITE-L-/181516416014?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a4338b40e&item=181516416014&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Old 09-04-2014, 09:13 PM
08zx10r
Advanced

Default 67

Well, another Carlisle Vette gets flipped...

Originally Posted by midyear
Old 09-04-2014, 09:17 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
That is a heck of a lifetime experience. I fear most people today don't really live, except through the internet. It sounds like your dad experienced a bunch.

So it appears the Corvette dealer in Bedford, PA has the car now.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Dylanscorvettes
5th Gear

We have the car but no hurry to sell..I have been using for local cruise ins n car shows I love it! Mite keep it lol if it was only a 350hp it would be exactly what I would want to keep...but still overall a great car!

PS: I am not advertising to sell this car on here someone else posted I just simply replyed will not discuss price, trades, or etc...if one is intersted you must get a hold of me through website my contact info is all there..I just don't want kicked off the forum for advertising when I'm not trying to..thanks all and it TRUELY is a GREAT CAR! I love the color combo n have only see. A few big block cars with this color combo so it is very rare usually they have the teal interior to go with be lynndale blue but I love the white interior! I'm a sucker for the true white interior color combo cars...and this one got me at Carlisle I tried to buy it as soon as it came in Thursday and everyday a couple times a day till finally sat I was the only bidder left to pay for it lol I sat through all the rain n crappy weather n waited till 5 for it I wanted it lol

Last edited by Dylanscorvettes; 09-04-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Closing thread as OPs question is answered... car is sold and owned by dealer and further discussions about its sale would be commercial. Contact current owner by PM with questions.

Get notified of new replies

To Lyndale blue coule at Carlisle

Quick Reply: Lyndale blue coule at Carlisle