Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1965 coupe project car

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:28 AM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default 1965 coupe project car

Not mine, but seems like a good deal. Body looks unhit.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4647199051.html[B]

Chris
Old 09-02-2014, 01:59 AM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTrim
Not mine, but seems like a good deal. Body looks unhit.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4647199051.html[B]

Chris
Learned a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, the MOST expensive car is "1" that is apart.
Add to that there is NO motor...RUN Forrest!!!..RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!..Mark
Old 09-02-2014, 06:29 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Oh yea

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
Learned a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, the MOST expensive car is "1" that is apart.
Add to that there is NO motor...RUN Forrest!!!..RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!..Mark
Good advice here. It is hard enough disassembling and keeping track of all of the parts from the get go. In a frame up there are thousands of parts. To avoid going insane during rebuild. i.e. looking for them especially small things and original hardware. If it had been properly disassembled(bag and tag all) parts during disassembly, also documenting THEN what needs to be replaced, and noting things that are not there to start with, it would be easier(IMHO) and from past experience(s). Things can be easily damaged/lost when lying around too. Buy the best most complete car you can afford to start with. Taking over someone's project can be a nightmare. I would wonder why the shop is not completing the job they started? Sure worth more complete. No motor? what about the rest of the drivetrain? This looks like a good candidate for a restomod. Coupe bodies are valuable, especially no hit. Still there could be $17K in parts.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:25 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
Good advice here. It is hard enough disassembling and keeping track of all of the parts from the get go. In a frame up there are thousands of parts. To avoid going insane during rebuild. i.e. looking for them especially small things and original hardware. If it had been properly disassembled(bag and tag all) parts during disassembly, also documenting THEN what needs to be replaced, and noting things that are not there to start with, it would be easier(IMHO) and from past experience(s). Things can be easily damaged/lost when lying around too. Buy the best most complete car you can afford to start with. Taking over someone's project can be a nightmare. I would wonder why the shop is not completing the job they started? Sure worth more complete. No motor? what about the rest of the drivetrain? This looks like a good candidate for a restomod. Coupe bodies are valuable, especially no hit. Still there could be $17K in parts.
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!...Especially, Why would a body shop, whose job is in essence what this car represents, NOT complete the paint & reassembly?
It would be analogous to a baker having all(?) the ingredients to bake a cake, yet instead electing NOT to bake?
One would have to ask...."Why"?!...Mark
Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Listing has been deleted by its author.

My wife will be relieved.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:37 PM
DucatiDon
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019