Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Wtb coupe with 35K budget @ central PA location

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:53 AM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Wtb coupe with 35K budget @ central PA location

Looks like the market is full of convertibles. I'm looking for what will probably be a 64 maybe 65 coupe with my budget.

My desires are:
Small block
Four speed
NO RUST ISSUES
Fair to decent body
Drivable car
Can have minor issues
Color not particular

Just a fun driver to work on and drive as I go. Willing to drive up to 200 miles to see a candidate. Maybe your car club member has one or a neighbor or a person at work. My local area seems to have dried up after the Carlisle Corvette Show.

I bet member Revfan can find me one...he amazes me the ones he finds.
Thanks,
AZ
Old 09-24-2014, 03:01 PM
plaidside
Safety Car

Received 1,126 Likes on 553 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

AZ,
I have a 64 coupe with some body mods in your price range that I might be selling soon.
Joe
Old 09-24-2014, 03:12 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Originally Posted by plaidside
AZ,
I have a 64 coupe with some body mods in your price range that I might be selling soon.
Joe
PM sent your way Joe with my contact info.............thank you
Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Fall Carisle is in two weeks If you need help looking at Carisle. PM me I might be able to help you out
Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Fall Carisle is in two weeks If you need help looking at Carisle. PM me I might be able to help you out
I'll take you up on that offer, I missed a nice customized 65 that went for 35K the first day of Corvettes of Carlisle.

I'll pm my info and I always appreciate any help offered.
Thanks,
AZ
Old 09-25-2014, 03:15 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Too much pressure.
I may have posted this one before...
1964 Corvette Coupe - $39000

1964 Coupe Original red on red, 327-300 hp , close ratio 4 speed. Newly restored knock off wheels with Red Line tires. Suspension went thru to include new rear bearings and trailing arm bushings, new rag joint. Original interior, not a numbers matching car but mostly original. All gauges work. Radio, clock and odometer INOP. Headlamps, windows, circulating fan, lights, horn all work as they should. Correct carb and air cleaner. New aluminum valve covers (original steel included). Runs & drives great.
First $39,000.00 takes it. No tire kickers or endless emails. Remember the car is 50 years old.
Located in Decatur.

AWESOME 1964 CORVETTE 4-SPEED - $31000 (OWEN)
Here is your chance to own a running, driving, dependable, C2 Corvette for under 50 grand! This little 64 vert' has it all, killer looks with tasteful flares that have been on the car since the late 60s, a crack and rust free body, that has been stripped down to bare glass then re gelcoated and buffed, that's right no paint this girl is in her birthday suit and not hiding anything! for those of you who don't know gell coat wont dry overtop of bondo, this is as honest of a car as you could ever hope to find! The interior is all new with the exception of a crack and rot free original dash and door panels!! car has a brand new windshield and convertible top, along with the date coded correct hard top! On the performance side this car is a runner, wait till you hear the lt1 350 exhale through those hooker side pipes and youll be in love! this car has been on many trips over 350 miles one way would not hesitate to drive to California! Also have complete set up for disk breaks original hood extra 411 center section and spare set of trailering arms! Don't hesitate call today! 502 514 1530 tittle in hand

1966 Corvette Coupe - $32500 (Lowell, AR)

1966 Corvette Coupe, White with blue interior. Car runs and drives good. 327 NOM, 4-speed, side exhaust, 1967 big block hood. California special flares and 6 tail lights. Fit on doors and hood are great, needs paint, interior is in pretty good shape, drivers seat has a seam coming apart. No rust on frame or birdcage, clean California car. Great entry level midyear Corvette, resto mod candidate or road race car. We can help you with any of the restoration. $32,500, title in hand. call or text to 479-236-9012. 1963-1967 Corvettes, projects, parts, restorations, resto mods, buy and sell. If you are looking for a Midyear Corvette in any condition, we can help. If you have one to sell in any condition, call us. We can restore your Corvette or build you the one you want. Over 60 frame off restorations, 31 Bloomington Gold and NCRS Top Flight awarded Corvettes. Several resto-mods, several Corvettes taken to Mecum, Barrett and Russo auctions. National locating and inspections available. Don't get taken, give us a call. Nationwide restorations and builds. 1953-1962 also. Call or text 479-236-9012
1965 CORVETTE COUPE 327CI 300 HP - $34000 (LASVEGAS)
1965 CORVETTE ALL ORIGINAL 1 REPAINT 327CI 300 HP POWER GLIDE #S MATCH,
HAS POWER WINDOWS POWER ANTANNA 4WHEEL DISC BRAKES ,
IM THE THIRD OWNER,
PLEASE CALL NO TEXT 702-782-0344 JAMES SERIOUS CALLS ONLY
WILL NEED RESTORATION

1966 corvette - $36
Trying to post my big block corvette but some jerk keeps flag?? What's up I you a problem be a man and call me!! It's legit original 66 big block roadster driver. 4spd with a 67 327.

Car is in winston salem, I'm sure I will have to keep reposting it. Call or text me to get pictures

Corvette, chevelle, big block, 427, muscle car, classic
NO PIC
Old 09-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Dr L-88
Le Mans Master

Received 1,240 Likes on 457 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year (stock)
C2 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
2017 C1 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by azmusclecar
Looks like the market is full of convertibles. I'm looking for what will probably be a 64 maybe 65 coupe with my budget.

My desires are:
Small block
Four speed
NO RUST ISSUES
Fair to decent body
Drivable car
Can have minor issues
Color not particular

Just a fun driver to work on and drive as I go. Willing to drive up to 200 miles to see a candidate. Maybe your car club member has one or a neighbor or a person at work. My local area seems to have dried up after the Carlisle Corvette Show.

I bet member Revfan can find me one...he amazes me the ones he finds.
Thanks,
AZ
Here is a nice 65 for the money. You may want to consider this one. Good luck with your search.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html
Old 09-25-2014, 08:25 AM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Revfan
Too much pressure.

Come on Revfan.........no excuses....pressure turns coal in to diamonds.............man up!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:04 AM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dr L-88
Here is a nice 65 for the money. You may want to consider this one. Good luck with your search.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html
I see the owner says firm so that usually means firm. I'd like to have a larger budget but, don't we all wish that? Thanks for the lead. I'm hoping something soon turns up.............an empty garage is an unhappy garage.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Come on Revfan.........no excuses....pressure turns coal in to diamonds.............man up!
Whattaya mean? I did man up... and posted FIVE! I am taking you off my Christmas Card list!

I see the owner says firm so that usually means firm
Ya... but Friday's "Firm" can be a little different than "Monday's" firm.

I'll keep looking, but I'd be curious to hear if you check out any of the ones above.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Whattaya mean? I did man up... and posted FIVE! I am taking you off my Christmas Card list!

Ya... but Friday's "Firm" can be a little different than "Monday's" firm.

I'll keep looking, but I'd be curious to hear if you check out any of the ones above.
I called on the 1966 coupe for 36K. The one the guy has trouble getting on Craigslist. The mechanicals are good, the body needs work which is why i sold my last one.......I can do mechanical, it's the body work that just frustrated me.........

I sent Fozdick, the member with the silver 65, he's still at 39K...........

I'm working on the list.......so your efforts are not in vain. I just had a friend of mine that bought a 40K car where the seller would not take less than 38K FIRM. He got it for 35K. Maybe it's just me........of course my friend is now enjoying MY CAR if you know what I mean.

Keep up the fine work there Revfan........your fame on this forum is worth all your effort.

But really..........a convertible? You listed a convertible? And one in Vegas was an AUTOMATIC? You're killing me here man, you're killing me. And the one in Arkansas has some body mods just not sure I can deal with and it too needs paint. I'm working the info .trust me.

PS: Your last Christmas card came with no postage on it and no money in it. Thanks for taking me off that list.

Last edited by azmusclecar; 09-25-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Ha!
Touche'

I was just excited to find running cars under $40... now your getting picky!

Actually, I have a lot of fun looking for cars. I have come to really enjoy 4-of the 5 phases... Search, Restoration, Driving and maintenance... can't speak for the last yet (the Selling).

I just can't shake the "search", every day I spend a few minutes scouring the net for parts and cars... so if I can help a corvette brother out... so be it!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Ha!
Touche'

if I can help a corvette brother out... so be it!
I feel the same. I spend a lot of time searching....I've been to see so many seller's dream cars to find they are buyers nightmares.

I'm hoping this search soon ends....I truly appreciate your help.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Did you see this one?
http://thevettenet.com/listing_detai...phy-Blue_Coupe

$39K is the ASK but its on the VetteNet... don't know anything about the site or how longs its been there
We are pleased to bring to your attention a great value, a beautiful 1966 Coupe in pristine condition, with the same owner since the 70s. This very original Vette appears to be very original with only one repaint some time ago (Trophy Blue). Interior is the standard Blue vinyl. All the factory bonding strips are in place and it is likely a no-hit car. Bird cage is in great shape too.

Engine is the matching numbers 327/300 mated with the manual transmission. No power options, but it comes with the factory side pipes adding the special look and aggressive sound, plus some more horses.

Car starts right away, shifts as it should, has no apparent problems. Here is your chance to own a moderately priced coveted "Mid-year" Corvette with great appreciation potential.

Located in FLORIDA, we can arrange delivery nationwide and international. Corvette trades are considered, also, financing is available.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:34 AM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Did you see this one?
http://thevettenet.com/listing_detai...phy-Blue_Coupe

$39K is the ASK but its on the VetteNet... don't know anything about the site or how longs its been there

I spoke to and emailed Ken just this week regarding another Vette on this very website. Their best offer was to knock 1K off the price of 39K. I'm trying to deal with direct owners of cars since they have more information regarding ownership rather than a dealer who does nothing but speculate on the car. I haven't been to a car dealer since 2003 to buy my wife's new Honda. I don't miss the dealer marketplace.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
1BAD70Z
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thread ! Lots of help on this site...You'll see me here a lot. Will be in the market next month.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:08 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I think its a red flag that they show it only with the headlights in the up position. The hood fitment on this car is terrible. I wonder if the shut lines of the headlight buckets is any better.

Originally Posted by azmusclecar
I spoke to and emailed Ken just this week regarding another Vette on this very website. Their best offer was to knock 1K off the price of 39K. I'm trying to deal with direct owners of cars since they have more information regarding ownership rather than a dealer who does nothing but speculate on the car. I haven't been to a car dealer since 2003 to buy my wife's new Honda. I don't miss the dealer marketplace.

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb coupe with 35K budget @ central PA location

Old 09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
I think its a red flag that they show it only with the headlights in the up position. The hood fitment on this car is terrible. I wonder if the shut lines of the headlight buckets is any better.
EXACTLY..............if it is such an EASY fix as so many dealers say it is, why don't they fix it and make more money from it?
I was born at night.........but not LAST NIGHT!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Wait a minute...

no offense meant, but with a budget of $35K, SOMETHING is gonna be wrong with the car... or put another way, A C2 with no major issues, and just a few minor things is gonna be $50K+.

Obviously, you want to keep the list of issues as small as possible, but otherwise, you need a different ad.. "sell me your $60K car for $30K".

Its amazing what folks selling (dealers and private alike) WON"T do about their cars. A good portion don't even close their hood before they take a for sale photo.

When guys are flippin' a car, the less they do to it, the less they have into it... the more money they make.

It pays to have somebody check a car out in person.... a paid inspection is usually worth the money you pay.

That being said, when I was looking for a car, my budget was $40K. That was all I had.
If I'd had been smart, my budget would have been $35K and saved $5K for those inevitable things that need to be done after you actually buy the car.

I paid for several inspections of different cars, and the experts that checked the cars out for me, had a laundry lists of issues that these cars had. At first glance, most would run from those cars... but the reality is, Its very hard to find a Driver in decent condition for $30-35K, and then be picky about year, color, and engine.
Most of the great deals that come up GO VERY FAST.
At the end of the day, you either got to up your war chest to a reasonable amount to pay for a car that is in great condition and needs nothing, or make a list of things that YOU can fix, or you can have fixed FOR you.

For me, it was, "it has to have a nice birdcage and frame, motor in good condition, and "good" bodywork and paint. I didn't mind a "hit" car, as long as the repair was good.

And that is exactly what I got... but it meant I had to redo wiring harnesses in the engine bay and dash, new seat frames, covers and foam. I needed a new battery, starter, and alternator. I needed to clean up the engine bay, and replace the soft top....

At the end of the day, I have put an additional $5K into that $40K car. But if all those things had been taken care of already... It would have been a $55K 67 Vert, not a $40K one.

Just sayin'

So if all that coupe needs is the headlight motors gone through and to have all the old grease removed, cleaned up and reassembled... you can do that on a Saturday afternoon (I did mine... and MOST C2s need this done). If it needs shims put under the hood hinge plates, that is cheap and can be done in 30 minutes with a buddy and less than $10.
But if its been wrecked, and the frame aint' straight, and the body doesn't sit well... than that is a different matter altogether. But a decent PAID inspection will bring that to light.

Last edited by Revfan; 09-29-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:51 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Well..good news....thanks to the help from forum member Nowhere Man...I can ask the mods to lock this thread. I closed the deal on a nice 64 driver tonight. I feel great thanks to Nowhere Man's input, the seller being flexible on price and the car meeting my needs.
All in all...a good experience. I'll post pictures at a later date.
Moderators.............please lock my thread!

Quick Reply: Wtb coupe with 35K budget @ central PA location