Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

F/S 64 Conv Body off restoration $47K OBO

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM
fuzzkh
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 64 Conv Body off restoration $47K OBO

64 Chevy Corvette Convertible
Tuxedo Black on Black with White Top
This 64 just went through a body of restoration. This car was originally a rare 365 HP HO 4 speed but did not have the original 327 in it when I bought it. It had a 350 GM crate motor with approx 4,000 miles per the owner I bought it from. The car has a recent repaint in original Tuxedo Black that’s excellent but does have some minor imperfections.

Shortly after I bought the car I realized the transmission wasn’t shifting correctly and decided to remove it and have it rebuilt. At the advice of a friend he suggested I lift the body off and do some restoration while off. Well; since I don’t seem to do to things half-assed I ended doing a complete rebuild and overhaul of the frame and drive train.

The frame was completely stripped, welding repairs were made to the 2 #4 Body mount locations and the entire frame, A-frames, and many other parts were sandblasted, and powder-coated satin black as original in color. The original 4:11 rear end and tranny were completely rebuilt. All suspension components were replaced including trailing arms, u-joints, bushings, wheel bearings, steering linkage and much more. Nearly all bolts and hardware were either re-used or replaced with correct hardware from Paragon Corvette to NCRS standards, but this is NOT a NCRS car. Close, but not quite. I found a pair of rebuilt original 64 Camel Hump heads for the 365 HP motor, and an original aluminum intake manifold. I changed the cam to an Edelbrock as advised by their techs to achieve the performance of the original 365 HP engine. New hydraulic lifters were installed as well as timing gears and chain. If a purist wants this car to be as original all the components are there to drop on an original 327 block with solid lifters and be done with it. I installed a Mallory electronic ignition built specifically for this car. The car was completely rewired beginning with the fuse panel. All gauges work correctly as does the clock!

I retained the drum brakes to maintain originality, but did change the master cylinder to a dual unit for safety reasons.

The seats were professionally reupholstered including new springs and foam and correct covers for this year. The instrument panel was refurbished. The odometer was not working so it was sent out to be rebuilt, however, for that reason the true mileage is not known. It’s estimated to be about 106K but since everything has been rebuilt it doesn’t really matter. New carpet was installed as well. The door panels are original but are in excellent condition.

I have in excess of 100 photos of the project as well as several videos I took during the project. I have all receipts, and trust me; there are a LOT of them. I cut no corners on this car.

This is an awesome car! It drives straight, and runs strong and smooth, just as a new car. This car is ready for another 50 years of fun in the sun! You will not be disappointed.
Please visit my shutterfly account to see many more photos and videos:

https://64corvette.shutterfly.com/
Attached Images       
Old 09-25-2014, 05:56 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Nice

Looks nice. A new car! Lots of work done here. Those of us who have done a nut bolt rebuild( not had someone do it for us) know the amount of work and time that go into a project like this. You can be proud of your workmanship and the result GLWTS
Old 09-25-2014, 06:46 AM
fuzzkh
5th Gear

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
Looks nice. A new car! Lots of work done here. Those of us who have done a nut bolt rebuild( not had someone do it for us) know the amount of work and time that go into a project like this. You can be proud of your workmanship and the result GLWTS
Thanks very much. A labor of love as you know!!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:49 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice I see you took your time and got it right, great attention to deal!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Nice

Lot's of nice work. GLWS!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:22 PM
fuzzkh
5th Gear

I'm taking the car to Hershey Wednesday thru Friday if anyone's interested in seeing it call me at 315-436-7788

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 64 Conv Body off restoration $47K OBO

Quick Reply: F/S 64 Conv Body off restoration $47K OBO