Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1966 Triple Black BB Project Car For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 09:32 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1966 Triple Black BB Project Car For Sale

Its been five years since I've been on the forum and I miss the comradely and the great people I have met in the prior 15 years restoring my 1968 and 1970 Corvettes. I started to restore my 1966 Triple Black Big Block 427 425 Convert. I stripped the paint down to the glass with paint stripper. When It was all removed, the rear quarters were incorrect and I purchased NOS quarters and they have been glued on. The front end was tapped which didn't line up properly, so I purchased a Shermshine press molded correct color front end. The frame was taken down to the metal, I used the etching primer and painted the frame the correct black. NO RUST WHAT SO EVER ON THE FRAME..This was all done over 5 years ago so it will need to be redone. I have the convert frame off of the car, black 1966 hard top that's ben stripped and ready for primer. The body is now perfect, I mean perfect every gap is exceptional, the doors and hood close perfect. The original engine (427 425 HP) has been rebuilt, the heads, carb dated & beautiful, exhaust manifolds beautiful & dated correct, and every part has been redone and assembled. The intake is beautiful and the water pump and power brake hasn't been mounted, the engine is sitting on a stand, the trans M21 has been rebuilt and the rear end 411 has been rebuilt and sitting off to the side and I put another rear end back on the car until the original rear end was done. I have the seats, radio (rebuilt) speedo (rebuilt), TI Ignition & distributor, beautiful re chromed front bumpers and the rears need to be done but are excellent. I have all of the brackets, the heater core has been changed, dash looks great but everything is out of the vehicle since I was going to do a frame off and get her judged. I have to take inventory of all the parts that will go with the car which included KO wheels but are replicas with redline tires. I will post pictures as soon as I can, I live in Naperville Illinois and the car is a my friends shop who restores Corvettes and has worked on my 1966. So you're asking why is he selling this rare car...I need to purchase a home in a great school district for my daughter that starts kindergarten next year. I never imagined I would ever sell the car, but I never thought I would be blessed with a beautiful little girl after my wife and I tried for 15 years. So I will part with my car and have no regrets. If you want to see all the parts and car and are close to Naperville, Illinois (Suburb of Chicago Illinois) I promise its not a waste of your time. I have a number that I would like to get out of it, but its been years and I just want to be treated fair and the person who purchases the car will have to send me a few pictures when its done. I have the title in hand and can provide all of the details. Please come see it and look at everything that comes with the car. Ill look for my spreadsheet that lists every part number & date. I have the original horns dated & rebuilt, complete replacement lights. I'm having flash backs thinking about all of the time I put in the car. Its the real deal, its a project but one that will bring the next owner a lot of pride when completed & a huge grin when the hear the engine!!Send me your contact information if you want to talk. Thanks Alex
Old 10-04-2014, 09:36 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I am very close to Naperville. What is the asking price?
Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Default Hi Supreme

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
I am very close to Naperville. What is the asking price?
I don't have an asking price yet and if I did I think it would only be fair to have a comprehensive list of all of the parts that accompany the car so were in agreement. I really don't know what's fair, but I know I have >$45K in the car so I'm not going to give it away for $30K. I would like close to what I have in it. I would say if you are serious, lets talk live and meet in person and inventory everything and inspect the work completed to date and all the stampings and tags. Its a great car and its something that will only go up in value. Unless it was a triple Crown Winner, I think purchasing it when its down to the glass is the best way to know what you're really getting. The car Is located at Classic Motors in Naperville. The owner has done many triple Crown Winners and did Reggie Jackson's 1961 fulie and is one of the best around. My cell number is 708-705-1833 Respectfully Alex
Old 10-04-2014, 10:14 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Alex,

Fair enough. I will give you a call tomorrow.

Nick
Old 10-05-2014, 05:30 PM
NightshiftHD
Drifting

Received 339 Likes on 255 Posts

Alex, send you a PM just now. I'm anxious to learn more. Cheers, Bill
Old 10-06-2014, 11:45 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by 1966tripleblackbb
I don't have an asking price yet and if I did I think it would only be fair to have a comprehensive list of all of the parts that accompany the car so were in agreement. I really don't know what's fair, but I know I have >$45K in the car so I'm not going to give it away for $30K. I would like close to what I have in it. I would say if you are serious, lets talk live and meet in person and inventory everything and inspect the work completed to date and all the stampings and tags. Its a great car and its something that will only go up in value. Unless it was a triple Crown Winner, I think purchasing it when its down to the glass is the best way to know what you're really getting. The car Is located at Classic Motors in Naperville. The owner has done many triple Crown Winners and did Reggie Jackson's 1961 fulie and is one of the best around. My cell number is 708-705-1833 Respectfully Alex
Please provide an asking price per forum rules, thanks.

Its OK to add, "OBO."
Old 10-06-2014, 04:44 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Please provide an asking price per forum rules, thanks.

Its OK to add, "OBO."
All, I will add photos when I get beck in town on Friday, my asking price is $45k.

Thanks sorry for not being clear.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:58 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Default 1966 Triple Black Vert

All, sorry for the delay, please see the photos of the car and parts. If you have any questions, please send me a note. Thanks for having a look!!

Old 10-12-2014, 08:10 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Default More photos from my 66

Thanks again for having a look.

1966 Radio that comes with car

Bell housing for big block engine that comes with sale

Close up

rear valance with car, fits perfectly

Original HP carb

Carb is starting to age, but still very nice

Up close of date

4 knock offs come with car

tires are virtually new

new heater vent, original one comes with car with clutch and fan motor

new Paragon brackets and bolt set

up close of bracket tag

New light buckets and rebuilt headlight motors

trim rings for light buckets

Differential FB 4:11 dated

FB 2 66 - Differential has been rebuilt, ready to go

end and yolks

rear bumpers and door handles that come with car and including new heater core and original

trin tag on vehicle

serian number tag on vehicle

original trans M21 rebuilt ready to go

up close trans

date of trans

part number

Old 10-12-2014, 08:22 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Default 1966 photos- Thanks for looking

Original vent windows

AC fuel pump

distributor cover

fan shroud, a crack is present and will need to be repaired

rebuilt and ready to go

rebuilt and ready to go

fan and clutch

new trans clutch

center console, no cracks

42 AMP alternator

rebuilt alternator and dated

dated horns and rebuilt ready to go

up close on horns

another horn photo

voltage regulator

Paragon dated reproduction exhaust manifolds

TI distributor

head lamps Originals and dated 2 66

up close of headlamp motor

starter dated and rebuilt ready to go

water pump, will need to be gone through.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Looks like a nice project, you might want to post some pics of the rebuilt and original motor, and some close ups of the pad for interested people.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 PM
1966tripleblackbb
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
Looks like a nice project, you might want to post some pics of the rebuilt and original motor, and some close ups of the pad for interested people.
Thanks Tom, will do!
Old 11-23-2014, 11:54 PM
dabear
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1966tripleblackbb
thanks tom, will do!
sold!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 Triple Black BB Project Car For Sale

Quick Reply: 1966 Triple Black BB Project Car For Sale