Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Selling my restored '67 AC Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:48 PM
BioRxOkc@aol.com
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Selling my restored '67 AC Convertible

Long time member and multiple Corvette owner here in Oklahoma.

I have had a recent Family change (Surprise 4th child on the way) and needing to change directions - and add on to my house!

This car is special to me and I was excited to enjoy it but that's not in the cards so it is for sale.

It is a rare car in a perfect color combo (IMO). Not a trailer queen, but an extremely nice driver with great options that just went through a very expensive restoration. Starting it cheap with expectations that it'll sell at whatever the Market decides - I need to sell so it's no reserve.

Hope someone here appreciates it!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=291269284745

Let me know if you have any questions,

Jason
Old 10-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Bowlerdude
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Your eBay ad says the engine is "period correct".

Does that mean it does not have it's original numbers matching engine that the car was born with?

TIA
Old 10-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Its a NOM

Check out his earlier thread
Old 10-17-2014, 07:32 AM
Jaguarmaven
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Could cost $3-4k to replace with the correct seats
Old 10-17-2014, 08:37 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default comment

Originally Posted by Jaguarmaven
Not quite sure how this comment "helps promote the sale" of this persons car. I see that at least one person thinks the car is worth 50K. Bid
Old 10-17-2014, 10:30 AM
DIP51
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
I see that at least one person thinks the car is worth 50K. Bid
That was his starting price, with hopes of it going higher.

Nice looking car IMHO. I'm sure someone will scoop it up in time.

Just goes to show ya...wrap it up, ya never know when that gun is gonna go off!!!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:33 AM
DIP51
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by BioRxOkc@aol.com
I have had a recent Family change (Surprise 4th child on the way) and needing to change directions - and add on to my house!
Congrats on the upcoming addition!!! Don't pay any attention to my prior quote...just kidding!!! (no pun intended )
Old 10-17-2014, 11:55 AM
BioRxOkc@aol.com
Pro

No offense, but guys like you are the only negative to an otherwise Fantastic hobby.

I love the look of this seat cover, so that's what I used - the car was built as my Dream Car but unfortunately things have changed in my Family that negates me keeping it. At no point have I represented this car as "correct" for judging.

To everyone else...correct, it's NOM. I'm not into trailer queen points cars so that's not what I wanted (and it's not priced like one either).

I started it at no reserve at what I think a good, driver 67 vert should be worth. I have no idea what my restoration adds to that number.

I think the level that I did over the last 18 months has value.

I also think that a low mileage car with documentation has value.

I also think a White/Red combo adds value.

I think Factory AC has value.

I think just being a good, honest car that spent its life in OK/KS and has been "found" after 30 years has value.

I guess we will see!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 PM
VETROC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow!!! Your car is beautiful! I would try to sell some other stuff first if I were you.

Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a very nice car.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Jaguarmaven
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

"No offense, but guys like you are the only negative to an otherwise Fantastic hobby."

Sorry. I didn't know that it was against forum rules to make accurate and honest observations of a car. I would assume that anyone who posts his or her car here would know that it would be scrutinized. No offense was intended. I think your color combo is very nice and would have no problem owning your car. However, if I were a new Corvette enthusiast contemplating the purchase of your car and was unaware of the differences between 67 seats and 63 seats, I would think that was something that I would like to know before rather than after I purchased the car. You went in great detail to describe your restoration but apparently decided not to mention the change in seats.
All in all, I still don't mind mentioning that it's a real nice car even after you insulted me.

Regards,

Dan
Old 10-17-2014, 02:15 PM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by VETROC
Wow!!! Your car is beautiful! I would try to sell some other stuff first if I were you.

Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a very nice car.
Sell the kids!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:20 PM
catpat8000
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long time member and multiple Corvette owner here in Oklahoma.

This car is special to me and I was excited to enjoy it but that's not in the cards so it is for sale.

It is a rare car in a perfect color combo (IMO). Not a trailer queen, but an extremely nice driver with great options that just went through a very expensive restoration. Starting it cheap with expectations that it'll sell at whatever the Market decides - I need to sell so it's no reserve.

Hope someone here appreciates it!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=291269284745

Let me know if you have any questions,

Jason
This car seems like a truly great deal. I almost wish I was looking for a C2

Pat
Old 10-17-2014, 02:28 PM
idcwmidi
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

To me this is a slippery slope. I would never want to degrade someone else's car, but on the other hand I would have never known that the seats are '63 without someone pointing it out.
I think that it probably comes down to tact in how things are phrased.

That looks like a beautiful car that would be enjoyed. GLWTS.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:18 PM
BioRxOkc@aol.com
Pro

Originally Posted by idcwmidi
To me this is a slippery slope. I would never want to degrade someone else's car, but on the other hand I would have never known that the seats are '63 without someone pointing it out.
I think that it probably comes down to tact in how things are phrased.

That looks like a beautiful car that would be enjoyed. GLWTS.
I think you nailed it.

That poster had nothing to say but his simple negative statement, and that didn't come off well to me.

I also believe it to be inaccurate - to say it's $3-$4K to change out seats doesn't account for the fact that the current seats could be sold to offset the cost of the 67 seats if the new owner even wanted to do that. This car isn't being portrayed as a "judge worthy" car - just a REALLY nice car that can be driven and looks fantastic. The fact that it has some special attributes make it show really well if someone wanted a car to win the weekend shows and be proud to have something special (Like I did).

It's no big deal, seems like there is always someone that likes to jump in and point out the first flaw they can. It's nothing new.

I simply don't like the 67 seats but love the look of the one's I chose - hopefully the new owner will agree!

Last edited by BioRxOkc@aol.com; 10-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:26 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

While the things people point out may be accurate and may be helpful to some buyers, this isn't the place. The is a FOR SALE thread, and potential buyers should go elsewhere for third party critiques of the car if they're not familiar enough with these cars.

By the way, someone is going to get a a nice car!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 PM
JWLaRue
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, am I jealous! Two weeks after I pulled the 'trigger' on a red 65 roadster, now my preferred color combination shows up.

That is a beautiful car. A others have said, someone is going to end up with a gorgeous 'vette!

-Jeff
Old 10-18-2014, 10:35 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

No offense, but guys like you are the only negative to an otherwise Fantastic hobby.

I love the look of this seat cover, so that's what I used - the car was built as my Dream Car but unfortunately things have changed in my Family that negates me keeping it. At no point have I represented this car as "correct" for judging.

To everyone else...correct, it's NOM. I'm not into trailer queen points cars so that's not what I wanted (and it's not priced like one either).

I started it at no reserve at what I think a good, driver 67 vert should be worth. I have no idea what my restoration adds to that number.

I think the level that I did over the last 18 months has value.

I also think that a low mileage car with documentation has value.

I also think a White/Red combo adds value.

I think Factory AC has value.

I think just being a good, honest car that spent its life in OK/KS and has been "found" after 30 years has value.

I guess we will see!
I doubt if most of the people that pick apart Corvettes for sale here could afford a Franklin Mint Corvette. It's your car so price it for what you want. Corvette speaks for itself & you shouldn't have to tell in a add every nut & bolt that is no NCRS correct. GOOD LUCK with the sale. It's a nice car & will sell.

Get notified of new replies

To Selling my restored '67 AC Convertible

Old 10-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A very nice car and it appears you are reasonable in your pricing expectations. I suspect this is the same vehicle I was shown a photo of while filling my 67 coupe at a gas station just north of San Diego last week. A super nice group of folks pulled in behind me saying they were following me and were glad to get a better look at my car. The gentleman and his group were preparing to head back to Oklahoma City and I'm positive the car he had saved on his I-Phone is yours. If this was your dad, tell him I enjoyed speaking with him and I could tell he "knows" his cars. Best wishes and congratulations!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 PM
BioRxOkc@aol.com
Pro

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

Sometimes it seems like people get attacked when they sell a car...
Old 10-19-2014, 11:41 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Sorry. I didn't know that it was against forum rules to make accurate and honest observations of a car. I would assume that anyone who posts his or her car here would know that it would be scrutinized. No offense was intended. I think your color combo is very nice and would have no problem owning your car. However, if I were a new Corvette enthusiast contemplating the purchase of your car and was unaware of the differences between 67 seats and 63 seats, I would think that was something that I would like to know before rather than after I purchased the car. You went in great detail to describe your restoration but apparently decided not to mention the change in seats.
Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

Sometimes it seems like people get attacked when they sell a car...
This is probably a good time to point out a clarification. It IS in fact against the rules to criticize a car or its price within a For Sale thread on this forum. Please take a look at the Interference rules below:

8. Interference in a For Sale thread

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...eir-parts.html

---------------

It is fine to ask legitimate questions about a car for sale. It is not OK to start criticizing the car or suggesting thousands of dollars in potential costs that may or may not actually be needed.

If you think you just have to tell the seller something is wrong with their car, do it by PM.

To the OP... many sellers are concerned that they might get attacked when selling. However, it is specifically against Forum rules in a Sales Thread, regardless if its a regular member or vendor, and we would greatly appreciate any such posts be reported by clicking the little triangle icon at the bottom of the post.

Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: Selling my restored '67 AC Convertible