Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

power steering pulley

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM
burpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default power steering pulley

I am in desperate need of a power steering add on pulley .
I own a 1966, 327/350 hp deep groove pulley car .
I can't find the correct add on pulley for the power steering,
it needs to measure 6-3/4 Dia x 2-1/4 Deep.
Any help would be appreciated
Old 11-22-2014, 10:51 AM
movinup
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by burpa
There is one one Ebay for $225.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:09 PM
burpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by movinup
There is one one Ebay for $225.
do you know the GM number for the correct pulley?
Old 11-22-2014, 05:56 PM
waynec
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't understand why you think there was such a deep pulley.
I think the C2 cars with p/s came with a 2-groove cast iron pulley; my '76-vintage Corvette parts manual does not list a separate P/S pulley, so I suspect the add-on pulley was not original.

Several vendors offer the sheet metal add-on pulley, incl Corvette Central (#302371), Long Island Corvette Supply, and Paragon. They also carry fan belts for that setup.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:27 PM
burpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by waynec
I don't understand why you think there was such a deep pulley.
I think the C2 cars with p/s came with a 2-groove cast iron pulley; my '76-vintage Corvette parts manual does not list a separate P/S pulley, so I suspect the add-on pulley was not original.

Several vendors offer the sheet metal add-on pulley, incl Corvette Central (#302371), Long Island Corvette Supply, and Paragon. They also carry fan belts for that setup.
I went over to muscle car city in Punta Gorda fl which have many a/c p/s cars and all of them had an add on pulley , however the deep grove cars have a different add on pulley than the low HP cars and none of the corvette parts suppliers provide one , so I need a used one
Old 11-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Brian Kotula
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default pulleys

I went over to muscle car city in Punta Gorda fl which have many a/c p/s cars and all of them had an add on pulley , however the deep grove cars have a different add on pulley than the low HP cars and none of the corvette parts suppliers provide one , so I need a used one
If your car is a 1966 L79 with just N40 (power steering) then you should have a crankshaft pulley 3858533 an water pump pulley 3770245 an alternator pulley 3834720 and an power steering pulley 3829387 also the upper alternator bracket is different and not reproduced and the part number is 386882. If you got C60 (air condition) then it uses different pulley's and I don't have those numbers written down, hope this helps
Old 11-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a NOS GM pulley in the box $185 with shipping but, it doesn't have the GM cast into it, it is ink stamped only....but still North American foundry not Chinese JUNK! OR......I have a nice vintage GM cast iron SB deep groove WITH the " GM " cast into it with correct casting numbers $325 shipped my Email is zeohsix " at " gmail " dot com " if your still looking. Both pulleys require the power steering pump with a woodruff key in the shaft not the later pressed fit shaft ( pump will have a nut on the end of the shaft. ) I also have a few vintage pumps with correct housings, some NOS steering components including a NOS center link with NOS GM control valve ( been in storage over 40 years so it will probably require a reseal of all rubber components. ) I also have correct idler arms and a couple of early steering boxes. Thanks, Eric

Get notified of new replies

To power steering pulley

Quick Reply: power steering pulley