Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Canton C-2 project, alert?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 06:02 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Default Canton C-2 project, alert?

I usually hang in the C-4 area. Am a Semi driver and always notice vettes. I found/saw a white vert sitting rather forlornly on a repair shops lot. Looked like no engine from the stance. Tarp covered the interior and most of the front so no idea what year it is other than a c-2. I was delivering down the raod a mile or two and ask the gate guard about it. He informed me it had been sitting for some time, a long some time. Getting dark, on a two lane, pressed for time, I didn't stop ,besides cant just pull a 65 foot/80,000 pound truck over anywhere. This was two weeks ago. Told one member of the c-1/2 board about it who I am friends with but he has his hands full at the moment with another project, so throwing this out to you guys. Its located (if I remember correctly) off I-77, Exit 118, in the Canton Ohio ,Area. When you leave the Interstate (headed south), turn right (west).Its a mile or two. When you get to the round about, keep going in the direction you were headed. The car in sitting very near the road . If you catch the traffic light,it will be across the road on your side. Its white. The place Iwas delivering to is Sams club Dist. center. good luck.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
I usually hang in the C-4 area. Am a Semi driver and always notice vettes. I found/saw a white vert sitting rather forlornly on a repair shops lot. Looked like no engine from the stance. Tarp covered the interior and most of the front so no idea what year it is other than a c-2. I was delivering down the raod a mile or two and ask the gate guard about it. He informed me it had been sitting for some time, a long some time. Getting dark, on a two lane, pressed for time, I didn't stop ,besides cant just pull a 65 foot/80,000 pound truck over anywhere. This was two weeks ago. Told one member of the c-1/2 board about it who I am friends with but he has his hands full at the moment with another project, so throwing this out to you guys. Its located (if I remember correctly) off I-77, Exit 118, in the Canton Ohio ,Area. When you leave the Interstate (headed south), turn right (west).Its a mile or two. When you get to the round about, keep going in the direction you were headed. The car in sitting very near the road . If you catch the traffic light,it will be across the road on your side. Its white. The place Iwas delivering to is Sams club Dist. center. good luck.
This was a great posting. Thank you for looking out for your corvette brothers. You see them, and post them, I am certain I will consider them. Barn finds, field finds, shop finds...great stuff. Thank you for this effort.
David
AllC34Me
Old 11-25-2014, 02:07 PM
JDM111er
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
Strange I've never noticed it as I live in Canton, Ohio. I'll check it out
Old 11-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Ok, I am in on this!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:05 AM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

I have also seen this car. It looked to me like it was hit on the drivers side. It is a white car. The tarp seemed to be covering the door.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:04 PM
vetteride4u
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to see the car Tuesday. The car is a customer car at a repair shop. They are rebuilding the motor. The guy who owns the car told the shop he doesn't want to sell it but would for 80k. The car looked like it had been sitting for years and not in that great of shape. Thanks for the heads up! Was fun to check it out!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:24 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteride4u
Went to see the car Tuesday. The car is a customer car at a repair shop. They are rebuilding the motor. The guy who owns the car told the shop he doesn't want to sell it but would for 80k. The car looked like it had been sitting for years and not in that great of shape. Thanks for the heads up! Was fun to check it out!
Thank you for checking it out and saving my rep,lol. Hope the directions were ok, as my brain gets older I tend to forget the route numbers . from what I saw, 80K is crazy unless its a fuelie and still then...
Old 12-03-2014, 08:37 AM
HeyMark
Supporting Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Ghoastrider1: what a thoughtful alert. I just sent you a private message about a project you might be interested in. Thanks and best wishes.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Hey, it does not hurt to post them up, and look them over. Who knows, in a year or two he might come down to $60k......
Old 12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
JCPerformance
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year? coupe or convert? Not sure if you could tell with a tarp on it. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPerformance
What year? coupe or convert? Not sure if you could tell with a tarp on it. Thanks.
White 64 coupe

Get notified of new replies

To Canton C-2 project, alert?

Quick Reply: Canton C-2 project, alert?