Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1967 Corvette Coupe with Numbers matching Big Block (Golden, CO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 01:49 PM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

I can't believe this car is still for sale. Car looks fantastic. I read and read and read tons of posts on WTB 67 coupe. Here is one, and priced beyond reasonably, and no one has pulled the trigger? I don't get it. the whole fun of the NCRS is buying a car like this (and not overpaying - which is NOT this issue with this car by any means) and "tweaking" it to NCRS specs if that's your prerogative. Stunning car. GLWS. Well done restoration. Stunning color. The guys are missing the boat on this one.....ARA
Old 02-04-2015, 04:32 PM
John 66 Vette
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

bump!
Old 02-05-2015, 03:46 AM
mattba
Pro

Received 262 Likes on 114 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by John 66 Vette
bump!
Thanks for the bump! Here are some more pictures which speak to the authenticity and originality of this car, notwithstanding the fact it has no "paper".

I'm sure some will note the casting and build dates are a bit further apart than the norm. They are well within NCRS guidelines, there is a car (#09328) referenced in the Noland Adams book (p. 444) which was built the same week as mine with the engine cast the same week as mine (and it's also a big block), and the stamp pad I am told is as good as it gets. So in this case, it is what it is.

Last edited by mattba; 02-05-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:12 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default NICE photos.

Those drivetrain photos. are some of the best I've seen. You are correct Matt, It does speak for itself. Days are getting longer now. I say enjoy it while you can. It will be gone soon.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
Those drivetrain photos. are some of the best I've seen. You are correct Matt, It does speak for itself. Days are getting longer now. I say enjoy it while you can. It will be gone soon.
I agree.

Cold weather climates will start to turn and the enthusiasts will once again emerge. The OP's description and pics of the car present a beautiful vehicle. I'm surprised, as others have noted, that this vehicle hasn't already sold.
I bought my '67 last year at this time...a very proud new owner will come your way.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:27 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

TTT for a good looking car.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Y0GI
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a bump for a beautiful car!

Good luck!

Yogi
Old 02-17-2015, 05:18 PM
mattba
Pro

Default Let the Healing Begin

[/B]
Originally Posted by Y0GI
Here's a bump for a beautiful car!

Good luck!

Yogi
Thanks for the bump and thank you to all who viewed the thread, sent PMs, and offered kind words about the car.

Well the car is sold, so as the post title says, let the healing begin. I always tell myself "never love anything that can't love you back" but this one is hard with over 400 Hours into the restoration (mine and the expert restorer).
My first Corvette was a 67 Big Block Coupe about 42 years ago that I sold for $2,400 around 1972. I kicked myself for many years for having sold it and then last year was able to buy this one. Now this one is sold, but it was the right thing to do (so I keep telling myself over and over).

Anyway, a few tidbits about the sale - It was not sold to a Forum member, but was sold for the asking price from a featured ad I put on usedcorvettesforsale.com. I have suggested the buyer join the Forum for all the great info here. The car is remaining in the Denver area and the purchaser plans to take it to the next level and get it flight judged. Because of the weather the car is still in my garage, but the purchaser has already begun to buy NOS correctly dated parts that mine is missing. As I stated in a previous post, it was not restored with flight judging as a goal.

So I now will be enjoying my 67 Roadster at the local shows and cruise-ins. I purchased it a few months ago. It's unrestored, not so perfect, and one I am more comfortable driving, parking, leaving (but not long), etc. It is a pretty rare original color combination of Ermine White with Bright Blue interior and a Teal Blue top. It's got a numbers matching 327/350 motor with an M20 4 speed trans. I am told it was flight judged many years ago but the certificate, signed by Zora Duntov, has long been lost.

Here are some pictures, and it's also my new avatar:

Thanks again!

Last edited by mattba; 02-17-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:36 PM
morly1963
Melting Slicks

Received 631 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by mattba
[/B]

Thanks for the bump and thank you to all who viewed the thread, sent PMs, and offered kind words about the car.

Well the car is sold, so at the post title says, let the healing begin. I always tell myself "never love anything that can't love you back" but this one is hard with over 400 Hours into the restoration (mine and the expert restorer).
My first Corvette was a 67 Big Block Coupe about 42 years ago that I sold for $2,400 around 1972. I kicked myself for many years for having sold it and then last year was able to buy this one. Now this one is sold, but it was the right thing to do (so I keep telling myself over and over).

Anyway, a few tidbits about the sale - It was not sold to a Forum member, but was sold for the asking price from a featured ad I put on usedcorvettesforsale.com. I have suggested the buyer join the Forum for all the great info here. The car is remaining in the Denver area and the purchaser plans to take it to the next level and get it flight judged. Because of the weather the car is still in my garage, but the purchaser has already begun to buy NOS correctly dated parts that mine is missing. As I stated in a previous post, it was not restored with flight judging as a goal.

So I now will be enjoying my 67 Roadster at the local shows in cruises. I purchased it a few months ago. It's unrestored, not so perfect, and one I am more comfortable driving, parking, leaving (but not long), etc. It is a pretty rare original color combination of Ermine White with Bright Blue interior and a Teal Blue. It's got a numbers matching 327/350 motor with an M20 4 speed trans. I am told it was flight judged many years ago but the certificate, signed by Zora Duntov, has long been lost.

Here are some pictures, and it's also my new avatar:

Thanks again!

The car you sold was one of the nicest I've see! Glad you got what u wanted with thew sale. The other car you have is a gem also!
Have fun!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:48 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Congrats on the sale. As nice as your maroon L-36 is, personally I think the L-79 is an even more compelling and desirable car. I have had nearly every configuration of 67, and I enjoy an L-79 convertible with side pipes the most. I have been considering doing just the same as you did, and selling my 435 car to replace it with a more "practical" L-79 convertible and a 69 Z/28.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:17 PM
mattba
Pro

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
Congrats on the sale. As nice as your maroon L-36 is, personally I think the L-79 is an even more compelling and desirable car. I have had nearly every configuration of 67, and I enjoy an L-79 convertible with side pipes the most. I have been considering doing just the same as you did, and selling my 435 car to replace it with a more "practical" L-79 convertible and a 69 Z/28.
Thanks and I have to agree. I sold an L-79 convertible with side pipes 21 years ago for $19,500 and also regretted selling that one for many years. So when I found this one a few months ago, I had to buy it, knowing the coupe would have to go if I did (deal made with the spousal unit). So I replaced one bad 427 with one bad 327

Old 02-18-2015, 12:32 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,328 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by mattba

Well the car is sold,

Quick Reply: 1967 Corvette Coupe with Numbers matching Big Block (Golden, CO)