Anyone Here Use Das For A Transporter

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 AM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Here Use Das For A Transporter

Post up how it went for you. I used them this time, and my car is not
picked up yet from Arizona. I set everything up on the 29 of jan.

This really pisses me off.

I did the depot to depot instead of the door to door shipping
Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Vet76te
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I have used them a couple of times. I also did the depot to depot service. They told me what day to have the car at the drop off point, and then they told me what day it should arrive.

The last car arrived to my buyer a day early.
Funny thing, my last car shipped through DAS was shipped to Arizona!!!!

If it's a car you have sold, and you and your buyer have agreed on DAS, I wouldn't worry about it. I assume you were paid before the car was dropped off at the depot. When you dropped it off, they should have given you a walk-around condition report and a recepit for the car.

It is now out of your hands and it is no longer your responsibility. Any delay or late delivery is between your buyer and DAS.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vet76te
I have used them a couple of times. I also did the depot to depot service. They told me what day to have the car at the drop off point, and then they told me what day it should arrive.

The last car arrived to my buyer a day early.
Funny thing, my last car shipped through DAS was shipped to Arizona!!!!

If it's a car you have sold, and you and your buyer have agreed on DAS, I wouldn't worry about it. I assume you were paid before the car was dropped off at the depot. When you dropped it off, they should have given you a walk-around condition report and a recepit for the car.

It is now out of your hands and it is no longer your responsibility. Any delay or late delivery is between your buyer and DAS.
I bought the car from the guy in Arizona. I am the one that can't sleep at nite. Its KILLING me. I just checked today, and its still there
Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah Meg, I know how you feel, I had my Caprice cop car shipped from Idaho to N.Y. It was via a company sim ilar, Dependable Auto Movers, the seller was getting a bit $hitty with me cause the car was parked at the campus where he went to college , everytime I called the movers they had no information and would get their driver to call me, HAH . Finally the driver called me to say that he was lost crossing over from N.E. Pennsy to New York and could I meet him someplace,,, this is after I asked the seller to call me when the car was picked up. It was nothing like the good experience that I had with Intercity when they transported my '82 rolling shell of a Corvette from Grapevine Texas to N.Y. so I guess ya get what ya pay for, Good Luck to ya,,,,Peace,,,Moosie
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Cocky B
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I shipped my car to Hawaii, and it came earlier than they said it would. Also, their tracking system is not always up to date b/c after I picked it up, it still said it was in LA.
Good luck

Last edited by Cocky B; 02-07-2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: I can't spell b/c I'm hungover
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
3rd_Vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back when I was restoring 67-72 Chevy trucks, I used DAS twice. The first time when I shipped from Oregon, no problem and the truck arrived ahead of schedule. Now, the second time, major problems. The truck actually got lost and it took an extra 2 weeks to go from Calif to Pennsylvania along with alot of NOS parts MISSING. I highly suggest that you buy additional insurance or at least take alot of digital pictures of the car/truck leaving so there is no question as to the cond of the car/truck at the other end. I was lucky the first time, my truck stayed on the same trailer the complete trip. The second time, I think it was loaded and unloaded several times from one trailer to another before it finally arrived.
Good luck!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 3rd_Vette
The truck actually got lost and it took an extra 2 weeks to go from Calif to Pennsylvania along with alot of NOS parts MISSING. I highly suggest that you buy additional insurance or at least take alot of digital pictures of the car/truck leaving so there is no question as to the cond of the car/truck at the other end. I was lucky the first time, my truck stayed on the same trailer the complete trip. The second time, I think it was loaded and unloaded several times from one trailer to another before it finally arrived.
Good luck!
THANKS FOR SCARING ME SOME MORE
Old 02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
JnC96CE
Racer

I forgot who I used last spring.
But it took almost a full two weeks, if not a day or so more than that, for them to finally pick up the car I had bought in Ca.
It'll show up.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:01 AM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JnC96CE
I forgot who I used last spring.
But it took almost a full two weeks, if not a day or so more than that, for them to finally pick up the car I had bought in Ca.
It'll show up.
That sucks!!

I just got off the phone with the Depot, and my car is still there
Old 02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
a560156
Drifting

I used them once. The tracking system is inaccurate, because after I took delivery, the truck was still listed as being in Colorado. The car actually arrived ahead of schedule.

I inquired about the "securd parking" and was told that the depots are secure and fenced in with no access. Well, when I arrived to pick up my car it was in an open car lot. Car arrived okay, however.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:20 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

The cas was just picked up and headed for Mesquite Tx.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MEGALADON
The cas was just picked up and headed for Mesquite Tx.
Yeah? But what about your car?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:13 AM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Used them TWICE. PERFECT both times. 99 Range Rover from Long Island to Seattle, and 78 Land Cruiser from St Louis to Seattle. Paid for topload both times, and paid to expedite the RR. Both times they were a couple of days EARLY delivering the trucks, though it seemed like forever for them to initially pick up the vehicles. I actually tracked the progress cross country on their website. The Cruiser went from St Louis all the way to Dallas, before back north again. Sat in Dallas for a couple of days, but when they headed North, it was here in a couple of days. On pickup, the trucks were washed and dried. I'd use them again!!

Rob
Old 02-09-2007, 01:58 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MakoShark72
Used them TWICE. PERFECT both times. 99 Range Rover from Long Island to Seattle, and 78 Land Cruiser from St Louis to Seattle. Paid for topload both times, and paid to expedite the RR. Both times they were a couple of days EARLY delivering the trucks, though it seemed like forever for them to initially pick up the vehicles. I actually tracked the progress cross country on their website. The Cruiser went from St Louis all the way to Dallas, before back north again. Sat in Dallas for a couple of days, but when they headed North, it was here in a couple of days. On pickup, the trucks were washed and dried. I'd use them again!!

Rob
I just used them again for a 1970 firebird. Its in Newhaven CT.
They said it would take 14 days also
Old 02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by MEGALADON
I just used them again for a 1970 firebird. Its in Newhaven CT.
They said it would take 14 days also
I'm waiting to get my car I recently purchased from NC to TX. I've got a good quote from Reliable Carriers, but am still waiting for a call back with approx date of when they can pickup the car. The waiting is killing me.

Last edited by ST31; 02-09-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Here Use Das For A Transporter

Quick Reply: Anyone Here Use Das For A Transporter