Sponsored by:

Can Bondo be used on a 73 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
billm10454
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Bondo be used on a 73 corvette

I have started stripping my 73 vette using captain Lee's and Citrus Stripper. About ten years ago I had an accident. Both front lower sections had to be replaced. When I started stripping those areas I notice that the grey primer was thick, which turned out to be bondo I think. It is grey like bondo and sands easily. I thought you could not use bondo on a corvette. Anyways I made a mess out of it. Can I use more bondo to fix it or is there something else I can use. Evidently this shop was not a good one. The bondo ran from the top near the hood to about 2 inches from the top of the wheel well. Everything was going fine until I hit this area. Also can the fiberglass be sande at all. Please I need help. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Stop what you're doing and check out the paint and body forum. If you don't know what you're doing with chemical strippers on fiberglas, you'll never get a good paint job, because the stripper will soak into the body.

You want to use a fiberglas filler. Once again...the paint and body forum is the best place to ask.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
capecorvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get notified of new replies

To Can Bondo be used on a 73 corvette

Quick Reply: Can Bondo be used on a 73 corvette