Sponsored by:

Arizona Emissions Testing Exemption

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:34 PM
p3396c
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Emissions Testing Exemption

FYI for all of us in AZ!!!! It is about time. The statment below is on the ADOT website. It went into effect 4\2\07

Collectible Vehicle Emissions Testing Exemption - Vehicles registered in Phoenix and Tucson emissions areas that are insured under a collectible vehicle policy, may be eligible for exemption from the Arizona vehicle emissions testing requirements.

Insurance companies will electronically notify MVD when a vehicle is currently insured as a collectible vehicle and therefore exempt from emissions testing requirements.
The vehicle may be renewed online at www.servicearizona.com, through the mail, or by visiting an MVD or authorized Third Party office.
The collectible vehicle emissions exemption continues as long as there is no change in ownership, and the collectible vehicle insurance coverage is maintained on the vehicle.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Kalway
Safety Car

Oooh they killed that loophole evilly... Gotta have collector's insurance on em. Evil evil evil.

Oh well I'm enjoying my Historical Vehicle plates here in Kalifornia.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 PM
palamesa
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kalway
Oooh they killed that loophole evilly... Gotta have collector's insurance on em. Evil evil evil.

Oh well I'm enjoying my Historical Vehicle plates here in Kalifornia.
Do the Historical Vehicle CA plates make you smog exempt? Does your car need to be stock to get them? I'm interested in getting these plates for mine rather then trying to pass smog with the LS6. I only plan on driving it when it warm and sunny which is only about 350 days per year around these parts.....gp
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Kalway
Safety Car

Eh according to their guidelines it just has to be at least 25 years and OF HISTORIC VALUE. That's all the requirements are. I think they only give out a limited number per year, though. I put my app in right on Jan 2nd and actually got accepted, after the 4th try. I gotta go renew my tags now, too...

Get notified of new replies

To Arizona Emissions Testing Exemption

Quick Reply: Arizona Emissions Testing Exemption