Race Ramps Half Price!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
0Brute
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Ramps Half Price!

Race Ramps Half Price!!

Race Ramps at half off? Race Ramps is looking for C 1, 2, and 3 owners to help us with the launching of our new Sport Ramps. The Sport Ramps are a new, built for the C 1,2, and 3 series corvettes along with other models. If you would like to help us by purchasing the Sport Ramps, and submitting pictures at various angles of your car on the ramps, we will sell you the ramps at half price (standard shipping still applies)! That’s right two 40” Sport Ramps for $85.45 delivered. These ramps usually sell for $152.95 with shipping. These photos will be used for press releases, product brochures and new product promotions. This offer is limited to the first TEN people who email us about the offer and post a photo of their car before they buy the ramps, and after with the ramps. If you wish to participate click> email! For more info on the Sport Ramp Click Here .

Last edited by Brute; 09-05-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
danthony
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hopefully I am in!!!

Last edited by danthony; 09-05-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
ChancWds
Instructor

Sign me up.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Email sent earlier. Was planning to get a set anyway - hope these Sport ramps will work for my C4 too!

Last edited by vette442; 09-05-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question after seeing your products pics...where is the safety anti-roll back down the ramp bump located? Seems a little dangerous that the car could easily roll back down if for some reason you did not have it in gear. For example...changing the oil with these would come handy to drive it up onto the ramp...put in gear to change oil, but I have to roll the car back down off the ramp before starting up to check that all is tight and secure with the oil filter and drain plug? Even if my parking brake worked better I would never crawl under my car with the way these are designed allowing the car to roll back so easily. Do you have another picture that shows these having an anti-roll back bump stop?

in the pic below....there IMO is not enough room for error as the tire looks like it barely sits completely on the platform before it would start to roll.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Use wheel chocks on rear wheels...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
0Brute
Former Vendor

Default We have our 10 People

Just to let you guys know we have ten people selected, you can still inquire if you wish. Everything will be sorted out Friday morning.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:36 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

How about this one on your ramps ? PM me

Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 PM
82Vettrin
Instructor

FWIW:
can't post any pics, but I do have a set of your Race Ramps mounted inside my 20' car toter...
allows me to get under either the Camaro or the 'Vette to access tie-down points for safer trailering, and also provides a mobile "shop~with~lift" if a mobile garage is needed during tours.
they are a very safe, durable product.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
0Brute
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carpedm
I have a question after seeing your products pics...where is the safety anti-roll back down the ramp bump located? Seems a little dangerous that the car could easily roll back down if for some reason you did not have it in gear. For example...changing the oil with these would come handy to drive it up onto the ramp...put in gear to change oil, but I have to roll the car back down off the ramp before starting up to check that all is tight and secure with the oil filter and drain plug? Even if my parking brake worked better I would never crawl under my car with the way these are designed allowing the car to roll back so easily. Do you have another picture that shows these having an anti-roll back bump stop?

in the pic below....there IMO is not enough room for error as the tire looks like it barely sits completely on the platform before it would start to roll.

When we did our R&D on all of our ramps we study this bump and found that unless you had skinny tires and got them lined up just right this bump had little to no effect. We also felt that it gave you a false sense of security.
Since most of our ramps are designed for sports cars that have wide tires we went to a flat top.
We can not over state the need for the use of wheel chocks and even have our own that is very grippy and works with our ramps.
If your parking brake is that bad I would recomend that you have a helper chock your wheels once your up and on your ramps.
Brute
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 PM
0Brute
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MotorHead
How about this one on your ramps ? PM me

You guys are going to make this hard
Old 09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
0Brute
Former Vendor

Emails have been sent to the ten people who have been selected, please check your email for instructions. Thanks Everyone who participated!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by carpedm

looks a little precarious to me.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:31 PM
xCCTer
CF JASOC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Downtown Annapolis, MD. The Future is where we all have to live. Let's not screw it up.
Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Rhino Ramps, $35 at any auto parts store or Kmart.

Work great on my '71 & '88 'vettes, '83 280ZX, and '99 Mountaineer, and they have a nice "well" area for the tires to rest in so they don't roll backwards.

I'd spend the money saved on a tank and a half of gas for cruisin' before the summer's over.

My 2 cents.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
1982CorvetteDude
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xccter
Rhino Ramps, $35 at any auto parts store or Kmart.

Work great on my '71 & '88 'vettes, '83 280ZX, and '99 Mountaineer, and they have a nice "well" area for the tires to rest in so they don't roll backwards.

I'd spend the money saved on a tank and a half of gas for cruisin' before the summer's over.

My 2 cents.

Get notified of new replies

To Race Ramps Half Price!

Quick Reply: Race Ramps Half Price!