C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to tie down your Noah/Wolf Car cover??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
etech152
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Best way to tie down your Noah/Wolf Car cover??

Got a new replacement Noah/Wolf car cover for my 76 Corvette Coupe (Car stays outside and my neighborhood is rather windy as it is in a large open area) The old Noah/Wolf cover was on the car 1.5 yrs and got very loose and would blow off easy and wasn't as water-proof as it was when new and it was tearing some from age.

So now I have the new cover in hand, What is the BEST way to tie down the new cover so it will not blow off during gusty winds?

I have a bunch of bungee's I will try later this week. I even found a few of those little circle clips that they make for a plastic tarps so you can tie down the cover without having to make holes in the cover. I don't know how well they will work, just saw them last night at Lowe's.

Do you make holes in your cover and bungee the cover to the underneath chassis? I don't want to mess with the new cover and ruin it.

Do you find running bungees along the sides or from the nose to the rear works best?

How to you attach the bungee's?

Do you use rope or bungee's or what? ....I find the lock and cable too loose for me. It's mainly there for theft or to use for an over night show.

Any suggestions on how you best tie down your Noah/Wolf cover for outdoor use???

TIA

Danny

~
Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I used to attach a strap at cover sides and stick them on the rocker panel and shut the door....
Old 12-06-2007, 08:05 PM
KTKelly
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use those round plastic clips on a big tarp for the trailer and they did the job really well but were a PIA to move around. I guess they'll work okay.

On my Vette cover I use some black plastic clips that clamp onto the cover. Then I simply bungee (around the sidepipes and under the front and rear panels). Works really well....

FWIW:

I bought the Coverking "Quicksilver" which was on sale at Costco and am quite happry with it. Normal price is $149.99 but it was on sale for $89.99 a few weeks back (I bought two).
Old 12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
etech152
Racer

Thanks to all who posted, Here's my solution...

I found some of those same "round" tarp clips that they use to tie a tarp down at Lowe's. (These clips come in a kit with a tarp) I installed them on the Noah/Wolf cover and they seem to work well. These "round" clips DO take ALOT of pressure and messin' around with to finally get them installed on the cover, but they DO WORK and seem to do the job well without having to cut holes in the new car cover.

As for the antenna, I simply unscrewed the rod, removed it and put the antenna nut back on the antenna mount base and put the rod inside the car.

Now I have no holes in the new car cover. I am using 8 of those "round" tarp attachment clips. (2) front, (2) rear, (2) each side. Securing them to the car w/ black 24" cloth-like heavy-duty bungee's (all these items were available at Lowe's) I attached one end of the 2ft bungee to the clip from the "round" loop tarp holders which are attached to my car cover, and the other end of the 2ft bungee to whatever underneath the car was close by and made a good attach point.

I've also taken a tarp and cut it down to size and placed it over the top portion of the car, underneath the car cover, to prevent water from getting into the car via the t-tops or windows during strong rain storms.

This seemed like the best way to secure the car cover and prtect the car from water w/o making holes in the new cover, and this method keeps the outward appearance of the cover looking nice and snug.

Danny

~
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
etech152
Racer

For those interested, here is an image of those tarp clips...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...AL._SS500_.jpg

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to tie down your Noah/Wolf Car cover??

Quick Reply: Best way to tie down your Noah/Wolf Car cover??