Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my new exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:10 PM
koni9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed this system back in 2009 with my stock ram horns. I now want to put on long tube headers. What front extension pipes will I need to accommodate for the longer headers.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:47 PM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by koni9
I installed this system back in 2009 with my stock ram horns. I now want to put on long tube headers. What front extension pipes will I need to accommodate for the longer headers.

The easiest way will be measure how far back the headers go, cut the pipes at that point install the headers and see where you are at. You'll probably need to have an exhaust shop custom build the connections for you.

You will actually probably be better off removing the whole exhaust, installing the headers and driving down to the shop with open headers and have them bend up a complete system for you, as the CC exhaust isn't even going to come close to lining up correctly for long tubes.

then you can just sell your old untouched exhaust on craigslist.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,175 Likes on 2,737 Posts

Originally Posted by koni9

Ahhhhhhhh....that SEARCH function is a tricky little devil.....good thing someone showed up in this decade with an answer.....

As for me....until I decide on side pipes.....Harley Davidson mufflers will do fine......

Old 01-23-2015, 04:02 PM
widowmaker221
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by doorgunner
Ahhhhhhhh....that SEARCH function is a tricky little devil.....good thing someone showed up in this decade with an answer.....

As for me....until I decide on side pipes.....Harley Davidson mufflers will do fine......

So how do the Harley pipes sound? They look like the same type I removed from my Streetglide!

Quick Reply: Pics of my new exhaust...